Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 06-03-2011, 08:24 PM
When all else fails......

Thanked 5,963 Times in 1,791 Posts
Arrow Logging : Strange loud sounds and booms

Advertise Here

Everyone........
I have talked to a lot of people who are hearing strange loud sounds and booms that last from 5 to 45 mins. There are no airplanes in the area or storms or airports. What I want to do is log these so called sightings for 30 days and then make a pin point map for all of you to see. Maybe together with all the smart people on this site we can somehow figure out what the hell is really going on. If you have video that will help a lot. POST POST POST guys, lets get this thread going.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to alaska_freedom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Time to reap has come

Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,008 Posts

Great idea. No personal experience with this subject. But interested due to all the reports I have read about.
The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestTime For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 AM

Default You mean like this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkoinm For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Hunter

could it be a bear taking a dump in them there woods ?
Old 06-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Freedom isn't free.

Location: Region 4 - beseiged by communists/ corporate fascists/ criminals...
Thanked 7,393 Times in 2,510 Posts

Man something like that happens wherever I am, I'm gonna go check it out. I'm not standing around on my porch allowing my self to exist in fear of things I can't explain. The trees were not even moving. Not likely a tornado nearby.

Grab the camera maybe some form of transportation and whatever else and go. Stuff like this makes life great!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CrypticCRICKET For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Romans 13:11 Joshua 24:15

Vibration felt and heard 3:30ish am til 4:40am 04/17/2011 clear skies no planes trains or automobiles Prescott Valley area Arizona
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ketanitri For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Hunter-gatherer

Thanked 2,213 Times in 929 Posts

I've heard pops and groans while in bed early in the morning, between 4:30 and 6:00 a.m. My room is in the basement of my house and it sounds like the noises are coming from underground. Almost sounds like thunder but it's never the right weather for it. I've been hearing it for a couple-three weeks now.

I live about 60 miles due-west of Chicago.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve in Illinois For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 11:26 AM

As I said in another thread, a friend listens the same sound of the video in its house, on the other side of the city (Santiago of Chile) in the early morning. My grandmother listened a similar sound at the beginning of the '80 and various neighbors left from their building to look at the sky; they never saw nothing.

Nobody knows what is and I expect that be not the prelude of somewhat worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to JefeMaestro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 PM

I have heard sounds like that but I just thought it was coming from the airport in Indianapolis. Maybe a extended engine test or something. Was in the evening too, wanna say around 9-10pm maybe.

Odd and now my curiosity is aroused.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:36 AM
S.D.M.F.

So this event is happening all over the world or all over the US? When did all of this start? Has anyone contacted MUFON? http://www.mufon.com/ Last year we had some very strange sounds and was sounded like a huge sonic boom here. Shortly there after many of us saw strange lights in the sky that were very, very large. They didnt move, they were silent, then disappeared and reappeared 10-15 miles away in a matter of about 2 seconds. Our local news did a story about it. MUFON came to town to investigate.

Do any of you live near military bases?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tattookenny For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Prepared

It sounds like a jet engine test, and I am familiar with those because I used to live very near to Pratt & Whitney, where they had a testing center.

Is it possible it is an acoustic shadow or acoustic mirror type effect, and the underground sounds could be more distant trains/planes, as sound travels better through a solid object than air?
Old 06-08-2011, 03:02 AM
When all else fails......

Thanked 5,963 Times in 1,791 Posts

Thanks everyone, keep the info coming. There are lots more of you out there so jump in and tell us your story.
If its real and something is really going on, we need to document it before it is covered up like everything else. POST POST POST
The Following User Says Thank You to alaska_freedom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlikeSa View Post
It sounds like a jet engine test, and I am familiar with those because I used to live very near to Pratt & Whitney, where they had a testing center.
How long do these engine tests last? To me the sound in the Youtube link sounds exactly like a jet engine or rocket motor test but I have never heard them going on for so long.

One guy I think was running the sounds through a oscilliscope to try and compare sounds and he thought it was similar to a 777 engine. Does 787 plan to use same engines?

Where I live I am close to a main rail line through the area and close to airport. When jets run up there engines it sounds just like that and if its something large and heavy taking off it shakes the house and rattles the windows, but it only lasts for usually less than a minute.

The sound I heard other night was annoying and seemed to last about 20 minutes. I was in bed and it was loud and went on long enough that I was getting annoyed. I actually got up and went outside. Usually when a jet is taking off or a long heavy train with multiple engines it is easy to tell the direction. This sound was harder to pinpoint direction but assumed it was train idling or from airport.

Quote:
Is it possible it is an acoustic shadow or acoustic mirror type effect, and the underground sounds could be more distant trains/planes, as sound travels better through a solid object than air?
That was theory put forth by NWS, saying it was sound of reflected thunder but who has heard thunder go on non stop for 20minutes and with no change in pitch or tone?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:31 AM

Not saying its related...

People in Florida reported what felt like a Earthquake, people from California who had experienced earthquakes said it felt exactly like a earthquake. US Geological Service said none of their seismometers showed any activity.

I felt it was relevant since it was my understanding the sound in Youtube link was near Tallahassee Florida.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,457 Times in 4,201 Posts

There's some strange noises where I live too. I started a thread about it a while back.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=160719
Old 06-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,112 Times in 4,293 Posts

People are shuch shy and fearful critters, they hear something unusual an photo it at a distance but never go to check it out .
If something sounds wrong, I'd investagate and especially in back country , side arm, long gun, back pack, camera, and spare batteries, and memory cards, and spotting scope .
For those hearing stuff under ground ,it may be fracture mining for oil, it is serious and you should investagate .areas frac mining is done polutes the water ,it may already be too late.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Survival Actual

Thanked 11,500 Times in 2,831 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Sounds like a CASE Combine to me, or a grain processing plant. I wonder if they live near a farm.
I hear loud noises all the time here that last a long time and sound like they're miles away.
But if you actually go LOOK for the source, you usually find out it's a machine or something.

We have loud booms that shake my house once in a while. I never knew what they were until my brother (an air force major), was here at the time of one and immediately said "its a compressor stall from Dover AFB".
Old 06-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Hunter-gatherer

Thanked 2,213 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
People are shuch shy and fearful critters, they hear something unusual an photo it at a distance but never go to check it out .
If something sounds wrong, I'd investagate and especially in back country , side arm, long gun, back pack, camera, and spare batteries, and memory cards, and spotting scope .
For those hearing stuff under ground ,it may be fracture mining for oil, it is serious and you should investagate .areas frac mining is done polutes the water ,it may already be too late.
I agree that people do scare relatively easy, but that they should go and investigate whatever it is alot better. I can assure you, I am one of those who investigates. I am also extremely rational and have a great mind for mechanics and cause-and-effect-type deductions.

What I'm hearing I know for a fact isn't mining or oil-related (pumping, drilling, whatever) because none of that is happing anywhere near where I am. Also there are no quarries in my immediate area that do any blasting. And none I've ever heard of that blast in the wee-hours of morning. The only thing that comes to my mind when I hear these noises is that it's the actual ground groaning. Maybe the sharper 'pops' are bedrock fracturing. I'm an avid fisherman, including an icefisherman in the winter-time. I've heard the sounds of ice cracking though many-inches-thick-ice all across the lakes. I could sort of attribute these sounds to something like that. But even that's not an accurate-enough a description.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve in Illinois For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2011, 01:15 PM
A Hoosier not a Hillbilly

Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,237 Posts
Default Sonic Booms

When I was a kid, we used to hear sonic booms from Grissom Air Force Base all the time. Just because they changed the altitude and speed to prevent these booms doesn't mean they don't occur these days. Could be a lot of things though. (exploding swamp gas, Glacial movements, grounding oil tankers. Hope you figure it out. Hey, maybe it's Palin out hunting moose? Nah, she's on tour learning about our nation's history. (or rewriting it)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,348 Times in 2,238 Posts

Any power plants nearby? Could be tests of high pressure relief valves on the steam side.