Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > DIY - Do It Yourself
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 05-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Google "Paracordist" !

Default Paracordist how to: paracord ranger bead Take II

Advertise Here

I did my first video over a year ago on this and its been very popular. This is the howto on making the paracord bead I use on my all-paracord ranger beads (and lots of other uses too!). The only criticism I got was that the black on black paracord and the bad lighting made it hard for some viewers to follow. I've done a "take II" version, with contrasting cord and good lighting. If you can't do it now, hang up the paracord and needlenose and let a professional do it LOL.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to paracordist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,521 Times in 705 Posts

SOUND!!!??? Would be helpful to describe what is being done
Old 05-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Google "Paracordist" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman1989 View Post
SOUND!!!??? Would be helpful to describe what is being done
usually I do; but there was total chaos in the house and I just wanted to get it done. I think its simple enough to require no explanation. however, the first video I did on the same topic has sound, check it out. thanks for watching.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Just South of Sane!

Thanked 8,857 Times in 3,451 Posts

I rate this video "F" !....... Ya got the wife in the background bagging cookies or candy and ya didn't bring enough for all.
Great Video Sir! Keep up the good works.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to KFF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Totally off grid

Thanked 4,957 Times in 1,457 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

I wish i could figure this stuff out...i want to wrap the "handle" on my walking stick but can't figure it out.

Thanks for this video.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fepony For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,101 Posts

The original clip was like an IQ test. If you learned from the first clip you were a natural, if you had to wait for the remake, well?

I admit I bull dogged through the original and mastered it. This bead and the Diamond knot are priceless when used together.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alligatorgars For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Totally off grid

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligatorgars View Post
The original clip was like an IQ test. If you learned from the first clip you were a natural, if you had to wait for the remake, well?

I admit I bull dogged through the original and mastered it. This bead and the Diamond knot are priceless when used together.
I'm so lost with this. Ok, i'll bite...what's a diamond knot?

(flashes his "Stupid" card)
Old 05-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Google "Paracordist" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fepony View Post
I wish i could figure this stuff out...i want to wrap the "handle" on my walking stick but can't figure it out.

Thanks for this video.
the turks wrap is a far more aggressive undertaking. I did a four part video series how-to on it; check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligatorgars View Post

congrats on mastering based on the first one LOL! I agree on the diamond; one of my favs. If you look at many of my items you'll find it somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fepony View Post
I'm so lost with this. Ok, i'll bite...what's a diamond knot?

(flashes his "Stupid" card)
at the same time I filmed this, I filmed the diamond knot, then doubled it to get a bottom loop on my beads. should post it this weekend.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paracordist For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Totally off grid

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracordist View Post
the turks wrap is a far more aggressive undertaking. I did a four part video series how-to on it; check it out.

Where might i find that sir?

congrats on mastering based on the first one LOL! I agree on the diamond; one of my favs. If you look at many of my items you'll find it somewhere.

at the same time I filmed this, I filmed the diamond knot, then doubled it to get a bottom loop on my beads. should post it this weekend.
I look forward to that...thank you.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:28 PM

I've been able to tie this knot before, but never was able to finish it to my liking. Any tips on getting it tightened up and ends tucked in nicely?
Old 05-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Google "Paracordist" !

Quote:
Originally Posted by syph007 View Post
I've been able to tie this knot before, but never was able to finish it to my liking. Any tips on getting it tightened up and ends tucked in nicely?
In the past, I've cut them close and used super glue. with only one layer over top, its gonna come out otherwise. tuck only is just not gonna cut it. I use a close cut and a nice controlled and consistent burn. this holds without glue. if you want to tuck on any turks head here's the best way: at the very end, pull as tight as you can on the working end; hold tension then snip really close w/ good scissors. upon release the end will withdraw back in; if it does not you squish the knot w/ pliers - this will draw it in. I show this in part 4 of my long turks head wrap tutorial (not for the bead, but principle is the same)
Old 05-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by syph007 View Post
You have to work the cord with the needle nose pliers around and around, shape the bead with the pliers, then cut the ends and melt. The trick to melting is to know when to tap the melted end with the flat of the pliers. Tap it to soon and its smears all over, tap it to late and its to hard to flatten out. It takes practice to melt only the end and tap it flat.

This is a diamond knot.

Paracordist thanks for all the videos. I managed the turks head also using the peg board. I found it fairly easy to accomplish except at the end. I didnt know where to tuck the ends to secure the knot tight. I ended up weaving the ends under and into the work.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Google "Paracordist" !

Alligator best to end passing under the whole thing before tightening. Pull tight crop close and it'll draw itself in. Friction will hold it
The Following User Says Thank You to paracordist For This Useful Post: