Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 05-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Recent Blog:
Nature is My Medicine

Default Why so many conspiracy theories?

Advertise Here

Why are there so many crazy conspiracy theories popping up here lately?

Looking at some recent posts... the amount of paranoia and delusion is on par with typical conversations inside a mental hospital.

... and you wonder why the "sheeple" think were crazy.

You're giving the pragmatic and rational preppers/survivalists a bad name.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtlintner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Target Shooter

Why is there so much mistrust of our so-called leaders?
Why can we not trust what they say?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
"The truth is out there."

9-11 was an inside job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziggenation For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Waiting...Watching..

Thanked 2,350 Times in 935 Posts

con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies
1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design:

I find it harder to find things that dont fit the definition of conspiracy these days than things that do. Wherever theres corruption theres conspiracy so you gotta ask yourself - Do you see any corruption going on around the globe anywhere?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hairy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Procrastinate Now

Thanked 3,184 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsurvivor View Post
I believe everything OBAMA and the Federal Government tells me. The economy is in great shape because of recovery summer. Gas prices are not bad because all of our cars get 50 miles to the gallon. Only straw buyers sell guns to the Mexican drug cartel, not the BATF. Obama personally killed Bin Laden and the last eight years old war were a total waste of time because it took the new Obama strategy to start winning.

I believe Obama so much that I just gave my entire paycheck to the man on the street corner knowing that Obama will take care of all my needs. The man on the street corner runs a gas station.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JohnWStiner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 94,499 Times in 31,277 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlintner View Post
Because the government causes absolutely everything to happen, no matter what it is. Hurricanes and earthquakes are caused by HAARP to make people dependant on the government. Oil spills are caused by the government to poison the people. There's no such thing as droughts or crop failures. It's all orchestrated by the government to starve the people. Terrorists didn't fly airplanes into the Trade Center, the media lied. The government took them down with thermite. Timothy McVeigh didn't blow up the building, the government did. The government has secretly been flying UFOs to scare people into being dependant on it. There's no such thing as an economic downturn. The government is doing it to make people poor. We didn't land on the moon, the government shot the footage on a stage, etc.

This is the same government that botched the Castro assassination attempt and can't even balance it's own budget. When is the last time the government succeeded at something?

I can see the distrust. They've lied to us, cheated us, covered up the truth, and outright attacked us more than once. But most of the conspiracies don't even pass the logic test.

The sad part is that some of them are bound to be true. But which ones? There are so many BS theories out there that they dilute the truth. If there's one true government conspiracy, it's that the government LIKES conspiracies. All the BS ones keeps the populace so confused that we will never find the truth.

Just like all the "end of the world" predictions do nothing but cause harm to the survivalist movement, all the government conspiracies do nothing but discredit the tin foil hat movement. While the government wins out because of it. Way to go, guys!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
American fearmaker

Thanked 19,913 Times in 6,770 Posts

Look, a guy's GOT to have a hobby. It's not like we're hurting anybody or anything. You collect bottle caps. Dwind collects whatever. We all look at and enjoy conspiracy theories. Now, isn't that fun?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Libertarian

Thanked 1,406 Times in 674 Posts

I firmly believe that Lee ****** Oswald shot President Kennedy. I also believe that what Major Jesse Marcel found at Roswell was in fact a weather balloon he mistook for a spaceship. I also happen to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. Oh,and apple pie? You bet!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to prankster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 PM
أنا واحد حذر والدتك لك عن

Thanked 7,525 Times in 2,867 Posts

Quote:

Looking at some recent posts... the amount of paranoia and delusion is on par with typical conversations inside a mental hospital.

my guess is drug use combined with unemployment. There is no way there are that many insane people. Or at least I hope not. I think you combine that with a biased and speculating media and a government that doesn't wait to for the briefing of the deployed units that were there. Liberals in power combined with stupid people and it makes for what you are seeing. Then there are the clowns spreading it for financial benefit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firstforcerecon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Father of 11 husband of 1

Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,991 Posts

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that people are not out to get you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarge912 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 17,825 Times in 5,640 Posts

Quote:

Lately?

Where have you been?

I love you guys but I don't deny this is the home of the fringe on the web. But its fun and educational all the same
The Following User Says Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
I firmly believe that Lee ****** Oswald shot President Kennedy. I also believe that what Major Jesse Marcel found at Roswell was in fact a weather balloon he mistook for a spaceship. I also happen to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. Oh,and apple pie? You bet!!!
well the JFK I disagree. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Well maybe he shot him but he was not the only involved I don't think. The weather balloon 100 percent agree. But with JFK him going to Russia to defect and then the CIA welcomes him back with open arms Has a Russian wife and a shot that it is claimed nobody in our military could make to day with a better rifle. I would like to try it... I'm curious but it's definitely fishy then Bobby gets killed. Now that's a believable conspiracy. And I mean maybe... 9/11 that's pure stupidity.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
90/10 headed for 95/5

Thanked 6,698 Times in 3,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstforcerecon View Post
my guess is drug use combined with unemployment. There is no way there are that many insane people. Or at least I hope not. I think you combine that with a biased and speculating media and a government that doesn't wait to for the briefing of the deployed units that were there. Liberals in power combined with stupid people and it makes for what you are seeing. Then there are the clowns spreading it for financial benefit.
I would, additionally, add: too many children and young people living in their parent's basement, with nothing better to do than scour the internet for the most absurd, unsupported nonsense they can find....and they circulate it. That also explains why there are so many websites, blogs, and forum posts about it. One Troglodyte starts it, and a thousand more of them go "YEAH! That's right, and you know what else? Check this out..........." The next thing you know, complete polution saturation of the internet.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsurvivor View Post
I see you're posting from Deutschland. How do we know you're not a clone of der Führer who was raised in Brazil by a guy who resembles Gregory Peck? Please provide proof you're not and then we can trust you.

p.s. Is is true Martin Bormann made it all the way to LA and began a new career in B movies under the name of #%$^@& &###^(*#@ (edited by moderators)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Nelson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Because the government causes absolutely everything to happen, no matter what it is. Hurricanes and earthquakes are caused by HAARP to make people dependant on the government. Oil spills are caused by the government to poison the people. There's no such thing as droughts or crop failures. It's all orchestrated by the government to starve the people. Terrorists didn't fly airplanes into the Trade Center, the media lied. The government took them down with thermite. Timothy McVeigh didn't blow up the building, the government did. The government has secretly been flying UFOs to scare people into being dependant on it. There's no such thing as an economic downturn. The government is doing it to make people poor. We didn't land on the moon, the government shot the footage on a stage, etc.

This is the same government that botched the Castro assassination attempt and can't even balance it's own budget. When is the last time the government succeeded at something?

I can see the distrust. They've lied to us, cheated us, covered up the truth, and outright attacked us more than once. But most of the conspiracies don't even pass the logic test.

The sad part is that some of them are bound to be true. But which ones? There are so many BS theories out there that they dilute the truth. If there's one true government conspiracy, it's that the government LIKES conspiracies. All the BS ones keeps the populace so confused that we will never find the truth.

Just like all the "end of the world" predictions do nothing but cause harm to the survivalist movement, all the government conspiracies do nothing but discredit the tin foil hat movement. While the government wins out because of it. Way to go, guys!
While our government is no saint. The government and HAARP doesn't cause natural disasters and you think in it's own country? You have medical issues I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude but it's a fact because you couldn't be that stupid. Okay I just re read your post. You need to call your family and get help straight up, You are talking a conspiracy of 100,000 people being involved and no body wanted the money they'd get if they busted it. Everything couldn't be a conspiracy get help
Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

There is a mathematical maxim called "Ocham's Razor." It says "Look for the simplest answer and it is most often correct.

Hence:

1. Oswald did it.

2. He acted alone.

3. And why did he do it? Answer: Because he was a nut!

Just my two cents
The Following User Says Thank You to A-Team For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Hiding in plain sight

Thanked 1,227 Times in 372 Posts

Because, EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Einrich For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,603 Posts

Bigfoot is a alien contracted by lizard people to fake the death of elvis presley who is secretly a soviet JFK/chupacabra hybrid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Victor Grey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,267 Posts

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they still aren't out to get you.

Not that there aren't real conspiracies out there but not everything has to be a conspiracy. People create conspiracy theories when more mundane explanations would satisfy because they don't want to accept the random nature of the world. Chaos and randomness frighten them more than the notion that some secret entity is at fault. They try to find patterns in the noise. Our ability to do this is as obvious as our ability to see clouds that look like castles or roots that look like a man.

Nothing new here. Awful lot of Jews and harmless herbalists got burned at the stake because people needed someone to blame for the Plague. It was unthinkable that such a momentous event was ultimately purposeless and without any greater meaning than the roll of dice. Global warming is a huge conspiracy theory to the extent that it denies the possibility that things are happening for reasons utterly beyond our control.

The Japanese quake? Can't be just that the flying fickle finger of fate pointed at them. It has to be a conspiracy. That's right, the US is generating quakes and hurricanes with its HAARP project. (I don't understand how people can't step back and see how absurd this is on its face.) Combine this insecurity about chaos with a lack of scientific knowledge and some self aggrandizing hucksters willing to play Chicken Little for a few bucks and a place in the limelight and you have perfect conditions for a conspiracy theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to TMcArthur For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 94,499 Times in 31,277 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstforcerecon View Post
While our government is no saint. The government and HAARP doesn't cause natural disasters and you think in it's own country? You have medical issues I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude but it's a fact because you couldn't be that stupid. Okay I just re read your post. You need to call your family and get help straight up, You are talking a conspiracy of 100,000 people being involved and no body wanted the money they'd get if they busted it. Everything couldn't be a conspiracy get help
Apparently you don't read well. What did you do, just read the first paragraph? Either that or I don't communicate well. But we'll just leave it at that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post: