Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 06:35 PM
rtlintner's Avatar
rtlintner rtlintner is offline
Recent Blog:
Nature is My Medicine
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Colorado
Age: 27
Posts: 444
Thanks: 712
Thanked 547 Times in 229 Posts
Default Why so many conspiracy theories?



Advertise Here

Why are there so many crazy conspiracy theories popping up here lately?

Looking at some recent posts... the amount of paranoia and delusion is on par with typical conversations inside a mental hospital.

... and you wonder why the "sheeple" think were crazy.

You're giving the pragmatic and rational preppers/survivalists a bad name.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rtlintner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
unknownsurvivor's Avatar
unknownsurvivor unknownsurvivor is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South East USA
Posts: 543
Thanks: 484
Thanked 497 Times in 237 Posts
Default

Why is there so much mistrust of our so-called leaders?
Why can we not trust what they say?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Ziggenation's Avatar
Ziggenation Ziggenation is offline
"The truth is out there."
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Washington State
Posts: 391
Thanks: 451
Thanked 422 Times in 188 Posts
Default

9-11 was an inside job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziggenation For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Hairy's Avatar
Hairy Hairy is offline
Waiting...Watching..
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,120
Thanks: 2,305
Thanked 2,350 Times in 935 Posts
Default

con·spir·a·cy (kn-spîr-s)
n. pl. con·spir·a·cies
1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design:


I find it harder to find things that dont fit the definition of conspiracy these days than things that do. Wherever theres corruption theres conspiracy so you gotta ask yourself - Do you see any corruption going on around the globe anywhere?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hairy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:02 PM
JohnWStiner's Avatar
JohnWStiner JohnWStiner is offline
Procrastinate Now
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 1,462
Thanks: 849
Thanked 3,184 Times in 795 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsurvivor View Post
Why is there so much mistrust of our so-called leaders?
Why can we not trust what they say?
I believe everything OBAMA and the Federal Government tells me. The economy is in great shape because of recovery summer. Gas prices are not bad because all of our cars get 50 miles to the gallon. Only straw buyers sell guns to the Mexican drug cartel, not the BATF. Obama personally killed Bin Laden and the last eight years old war were a total waste of time because it took the new Obama strategy to start winning.

I believe Obama so much that I just gave my entire paycheck to the man on the street corner knowing that Obama will take care of all my needs. The man on the street corner runs a gas station.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JohnWStiner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
MikeK's Avatar
MikeK MikeK is offline
Walking methane refinery
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 51
Posts: 47,978
Thanks: 85,564
Thanked 94,499 Times in 31,277 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlintner View Post
Why are there so many crazy conspiracy theories popping up here lately?
Because the government causes absolutely everything to happen, no matter what it is. Hurricanes and earthquakes are caused by HAARP to make people dependant on the government. Oil spills are caused by the government to poison the people. There's no such thing as droughts or crop failures. It's all orchestrated by the government to starve the people. Terrorists didn't fly airplanes into the Trade Center, the media lied. The government took them down with thermite. Timothy McVeigh didn't blow up the building, the government did. The government has secretly been flying UFOs to scare people into being dependant on it. There's no such thing as an economic downturn. The government is doing it to make people poor. We didn't land on the moon, the government shot the footage on a stage, etc.

This is the same government that botched the Castro assassination attempt and can't even balance it's own budget. When is the last time the government succeeded at something?

I can see the distrust. They've lied to us, cheated us, covered up the truth, and outright attacked us more than once. But most of the conspiracies don't even pass the logic test.

The sad part is that some of them are bound to be true. But which ones? There are so many BS theories out there that they dilute the truth. If there's one true government conspiracy, it's that the government LIKES conspiracies. All the BS ones keeps the populace so confused that we will never find the truth.

Just like all the "end of the world" predictions do nothing but cause harm to the survivalist movement, all the government conspiracies do nothing but discredit the tin foil hat movement. While the government wins out because of it. Way to go, guys!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Herd Sniper Herd Sniper is offline
American fearmaker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,504
Thanks: 11,528
Thanked 19,913 Times in 6,770 Posts
Default

Look, a guy's GOT to have a hobby. It's not like we're hurting anybody or anything. You collect bottle caps. Dwind collects whatever. We all look at and enjoy conspiracy theories. Now, isn't that fun?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:08 PM
prankster's Avatar
prankster prankster is offline
Libertarian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,533
Thanks: 4,037
Thanked 1,406 Times in 674 Posts
Default

I firmly believe that Lee ****** Oswald shot President Kennedy. I also believe that what Major Jesse Marcel found at Roswell was in fact a weather balloon he mistook for a spaceship. I also happen to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. Oh,and apple pie? You bet!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to prankster For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 PM
firstforcerecon's Avatar
firstforcerecon firstforcerecon is offline
أنا واحد حذر والدتك لك عن
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,982
Thanks: 3,977
Thanked 7,525 Times in 2,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlintner View Post
Why are there so many crazy conspiracy theories popping up here lately?

Looking at some recent posts... the amount of paranoia and delusion is on par with typical conversations inside a mental hospital.

... and you wonder why the "sheeple" think were crazy.

You're giving the pragmatic and rational preppers/survivalists a bad name.
my guess is drug use combined with unemployment. There is no way there are that many insane people. Or at least I hope not. I think you combine that with a biased and speculating media and a government that doesn't wait to for the briefing of the deployed units that were there. Liberals in power combined with stupid people and it makes for what you are seeing. Then there are the clowns spreading it for financial benefit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firstforcerecon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:12 PM
sarge912's Avatar
sarge912 sarge912 is online now
Father of 11 husband of 1
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northeast Ohio
Age: 62
Posts: 6,335
Thanks: 3,095
Thanked 6,281 Times in 2,991 Posts
Default

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that people are not out to get you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarge912 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:14 PM
merlinfire's Avatar
merlinfire merlinfire is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9,792
Thanks: 15,706
Thanked 17,825 Times in 5,640 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlintner View Post
Why are there so many crazy conspiracy theories popping up here lately?

Looking at some recent posts... the amount of paranoia and delusion is on par with typical conversations inside a mental hospital.

... and you wonder why the "sheeple" think were crazy.

You're giving the pragmatic and rational preppers/survivalists a bad name.
Lately?

Where have you been?


I love you guys but I don't deny this is the home of the fringe on the web. But its fun and educational all the same
The Following User Says Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
firstforcerecon's Avatar
firstforcerecon firstforcerecon is offline
أنا واحد حذر والدتك لك عن
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,982
Thanks: 3,977
Thanked 7,525 Times in 2,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
I firmly believe that Lee ****** Oswald shot President Kennedy. I also believe that what Major Jesse Marcel found at Roswell was in fact a weather balloon he mistook for a spaceship. I also happen to believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. Oh,and apple pie? You bet!!!
well the JFK I disagree. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Well maybe he shot him but he was not the only involved I don't think. The weather balloon 100 percent agree. But with JFK him going to Russia to defect and then the CIA welcomes him back with open arms Has a Russian wife and a shot that it is claimed nobody in our military could make to day with a better rifle. I would like to try it... I'm curious but it's definitely fishy then Bobby gets killed. Now that's a believable conspiracy. And I mean maybe... 9/11 that's pure stupidity.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:16 PM
357revolverfan's Avatar
357revolverfan 357revolverfan is offline
90/10 headed for 95/5
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 51
Posts: 6,976
Thanks: 22,844
Thanked 6,698 Times in 3,222 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstforcerecon View Post
my guess is drug use combined with unemployment. There is no way there are that many insane people. Or at least I hope not. I think you combine that with a biased and speculating media and a government that doesn't wait to for the briefing of the deployed units that were there. Liberals in power combined with stupid people and it makes for what you are seeing. Then there are the clowns spreading it for financial benefit.
I would, additionally, add: too many children and young people living in their parent's basement, with nothing better to do than scour the internet for the most absurd, unsupported nonsense they can find....and they circulate it. That also explains why there are so many websites, blogs, and forum posts about it. One Troglodyte starts it, and a thousand more of them go "YEAH! That's right, and you know what else? Check this out..........." The next thing you know, complete polution saturation of the internet.
__________________
People who believe it can't be done should not interrupt those who are getting it done. (paraphrase of Chinese proverb)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 357revolverfan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Admiral Nelson's Avatar
Admiral Nelson Admiral Nelson is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,808
Thanks: 1,626
Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,919 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsurvivor View Post
Why is there so much mistrust of our so-called leaders?
Why can we not trust what they say?
I see you're posting from Deutschland. How do we know you're not a clone of der Führer who was raised in Brazil by a guy who resembles Gregory Peck? Please provide proof you're not and then we can trust you.

p.s. Is is true Martin Bormann made it all the way to LA and began a new career in B movies under the name of #%$^@& &###^(*#@ (edited by moderators)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Nelson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:19 PM
firstforcerecon's Avatar
firstforcerecon firstforcerecon is offline
أنا واحد حذر والدتك لك عن
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,982
Thanks: 3,977
Thanked 7,525 Times in 2,867 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Because the government causes absolutely everything to happen, no matter what it is. Hurricanes and earthquakes are caused by HAARP to make people dependant on the government. Oil spills are caused by the government to poison the people. There's no such thing as droughts or crop failures. It's all orchestrated by the government to starve the people. Terrorists didn't fly airplanes into the Trade Center, the media lied. The government took them down with thermite. Timothy McVeigh didn't blow up the building, the government did. The government has secretly been flying UFOs to scare people into being dependant on it. There's no such thing as an economic downturn. The government is doing it to make people poor. We didn't land on the moon, the government shot the footage on a stage, etc.

This is the same government that botched the Castro assassination attempt and can't even balance it's own budget. When is the last time the government succeeded at something?

I can see the distrust. They've lied to us, cheated us, covered up the truth, and outright attacked us more than once. But most of the conspiracies don't even pass the logic test.

The sad part is that some of them are bound to be true. But which ones? There are so many BS theories out there that they dilute the truth. If there's one true government conspiracy, it's that the government LIKES conspiracies. All the BS ones keeps the populace so confused that we will never find the truth.

Just like all the "end of the world" predictions do nothing but cause harm to the survivalist movement, all the government conspiracies do nothing but discredit the tin foil hat movement. While the government wins out because of it. Way to go, guys!
While our government is no saint. The government and HAARP doesn't cause natural disasters and you think in it's own country? You have medical issues I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude but it's a fact because you couldn't be that stupid. Okay I just re read your post. You need to call your family and get help straight up, You are talking a conspiracy of 100,000 people being involved and no body wanted the money they'd get if they busted it. Everything couldn't be a conspiracy get help
Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM
A-Team A-Team is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,777
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts
Default

There is a mathematical maxim called "Ocham's Razor." It says "Look for the simplest answer and it is most often correct.

Hence:

1. Oswald did it.

2. He acted alone.

3. And why did he do it? Answer: Because he was a nut!

Just my two cents
The Following User Says Thank You to A-Team For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Einrich's Avatar
Einrich Einrich is offline
Hiding in plain sight
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hidden
Posts: 670
Thanks: 407
Thanked 1,227 Times in 372 Posts
Default

Because, EVERYTHING IS A CONSPIRACY!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Einrich For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Victor Grey's Avatar
Victor Grey Victor Grey is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East Tenn
Posts: 2,734
Thanks: 10,785
Thanked 3,905 Times in 1,603 Posts
Default

Bigfoot is a alien contracted by lizard people to fake the death of elvis presley who is secretly a soviet JFK/chupacabra hybrid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Victor Grey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:26 PM
TMcArthur's Avatar
TMcArthur TMcArthur is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,789
Thanks: 997
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,267 Posts
Default

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they still aren't out to get you.

Not that there aren't real conspiracies out there but not everything has to be a conspiracy. People create conspiracy theories when more mundane explanations would satisfy because they don't want to accept the random nature of the world. Chaos and randomness frighten them more than the notion that some secret entity is at fault. They try to find patterns in the noise. Our ability to do this is as obvious as our ability to see clouds that look like castles or roots that look like a man.

Nothing new here. Awful lot of Jews and harmless herbalists got burned at the stake because people needed someone to blame for the Plague. It was unthinkable that such a momentous event was ultimately purposeless and without any greater meaning than the roll of dice. Global warming is a huge conspiracy theory to the extent that it denies the possibility that things are happening for reasons utterly beyond our control.

The Japanese quake? Can't be just that the flying fickle finger of fate pointed at them. It has to be a conspiracy. That's right, the US is generating quakes and hurricanes with its HAARP project. (I don't understand how people can't step back and see how absurd this is on its face.) Combine this insecurity about chaos with a lack of scientific knowledge and some self aggrandizing hucksters willing to play Chicken Little for a few bucks and a place in the limelight and you have perfect conditions for a conspiracy theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to TMcArthur For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
MikeK's Avatar
MikeK MikeK is offline
Walking methane refinery
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 51
Posts: 47,978
Thanks: 85,564
Thanked 94,499 Times in 31,277 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstforcerecon View Post
While our government is no saint. The government and HAARP doesn't cause natural disasters and you think in it's own country? You have medical issues I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude but it's a fact because you couldn't be that stupid. Okay I just re read your post. You need to call your family and get help straight up, You are talking a conspiracy of 100,000 people being involved and no body wanted the money they'd get if they busted it. Everything couldn't be a conspiracy get help
Apparently you don't read well. What did you do, just read the first paragraph? Either that or I don't communicate well. But we'll just leave it at that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
conspiracy, delusion, delusional, paranoia, paranoid, theory



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forget Conspiracy Theories... how about some Conspiracy Fact? Nightwing General Discussion 9 12-27-2011 07:25 AM
How many conspiracy theories have been proven right? pudding7 Controversial News and Alternative Politics 8 08-07-2009 11:37 PM
The 30 Greatest Conspiracy Theories markwill Controversial News and Alternative Politics 3 03-15-2009 04:44 PM
The Top 10 Conspiracy Theories Highlander Controversial News and Alternative Politics 9 03-14-2009 10:05 PM
Conspiracy Theories FM2176 General Discussion 1 02-29-2008 10:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net