Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 19,291 Times in 6,517 Posts
Default It appears we will be observing Sabbath in the Millenium....

Advertise Here

.....so why not now?

I have a Scofield study Bible. Thumbing through it, and come across a whole little section about the Sabbath. And I read this for a study note on Matthew 12:1 (small part of the whole thing):

"The Sabbath will again be observed during the tribulation period (Mt 24:20-21) and the Kingdom Age (Is 66:23)......"

The funny thing is, immediately after, it launches into this whole explanation of why Christians are not obligated to observe it right now.....

How does that make sense? Why is it going to be observed later but we shouldn't start doing it right now? Huh?

Isaiah 66

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

I guess from Paul's words here:

Romans 14

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Is Paul referring to the "Jewish" Sabbath? I think so. Check out the wording here:

2 Kings 4

23 And he said, Wherefore wilt thou go to him to day? it is neither new moon, nor sabbath. And she said, It shall be well.

Oh, and this little nugget:

Galatians 5

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

So is Paul saying NOT to observe it? Maybe not? Someone want to straighten me out about this? Please?

And let's not forget this one:

Isaiah 2

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

In fact, this prophecy is so important, that not only was it shown to Isaiah, it was shown to Micah and the two of them worded it almost word for word:

Micah 4

1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

3 And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

James 2

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I have come to understand James meaning here that we are ALL GUILTY for not keeping the Law perfectly and are guilty of the whole thing if we fall on one point....which happens all the time....he's just saying we are failers....not that the Law should be disregarded as some paint this verse as......that's why we have Christ......to take away our punishement (death) for not hitting the mark.....

Discuss...please....thanks!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Foundation, foundation, foundation...it's HIS SET-APART day! Not the Jews set-apart day...it was blessed and sanctified at Creation; being a very part of it...before "Jews"; before sin...BEFORE Sinai!

Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

It is MADE FOR MANKIND!

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
Mar 2:28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

And...it's a test...notice again...BEFORE Sinai...

Exo 16:4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my TORAH, or no.
Exo 16:5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

Oh...and by the way...it's the 4th. Commandment:

Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

That all the patriarchs partook of, that Yahshua and all the apostles KEPT...

Ah heck...I'll stop here.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 19,291 Times in 6,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by temu View Post
Ah heck...I'll stop here.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainRecluse View Post

Don't be hatin'...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,181 Times in 3,164 Posts

Broken records...glad im not the only one who remembers them.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,265 Times in 659 Posts

Notice that it say "top of the mountains" and not "tops of the mountains". It is referring to a specific place name.
The Following User Says Thank You to finallyme78 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Prepared

All that I know about the Bible is based on my belief that it is the Word of my Creator.
The Sabbath points us back to our Creator.
Just as the Sabbath marked the finish of God's "creative" week it will also "mark" the finish of God's "redemptive" week.
The Sabbath is a mark that no one can erase, a seal that cannot be broken.
Being the One who spoke all things into existence is what makes our Creator, God.
God has placed the Sabbath at the very center of all Scripture. The Sabbath represents creations very Source. To understand the Scriptures one must understand the Sabbath.
The Sabbath will stand forever just as certain as His words will stand.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freebird1st For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
The King's Daughter

Thanked 1,822 Times in 660 Posts

a lot of us have been trying to tell people that, but most won't have anything to do with it. Glad you are discovering it for yourself. A teachable heart is what He wants, a heart that is willing to learn and be humble and willing to walk in His ways.

And like I've said MANY times, when you see where things end up, MANY questions are answered for you, voila! Yah is not schizophrenic, HE DOES NOT CHANGE.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bat Melech For This Useful Post: