Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Books, Movies & Stories > Book Reviews
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Prepared

Default 100 Day Pantry

Advertise Here

I purchased "100-Day Pantry" by Jan JAckson to have more things to put into the bags mentioned in my review of "It's in the Bag, A New Approach to Food Storage."

The Buffalo Wing Soup was good, but didn't really taste like Buffalo Wings to me. The Chicken Paprika was super. The kids loved it. The kids also loved the Chicken Basil, which has a jar of alfredo sauce. The chicken section recipes have made everyone happy.

There are quite of few of beef recipes that sound good but I'm not finding canned beef in my area. There are also recipes using ham, tuna, crab, and salmon in the book. It also has a vegetarian section.
The Following User Says Thank You to PistolPackingMama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 PM

Default Beef

Hello PistolPackingMama!

We just picked up both books and really love the recipes in the "100-Day Pantry" the best. They are kid friendly and don't require too many odd spices or preps.

As far as your question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPackingMama View Post
There are quite of few of beef recipes that sound good but I'm not finding canned beef in my area. There are also recipes using ham, tuna, crab, and salmon in the book. It also has a vegetarian section.
We found cans of roast beef at Costco 4-10oz cans for about $10.

Hope that helps! And if you find any more recipes that use this system I'd love to see them!
http://www.survivalistboards.com/ima...es/biggrin.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to TheForestGreen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 09:57 PM

Thanks for posting about 100 Day Pantry, I have been talking with my wife about improving our food storage system. It looks like a great book and worth the price to see if we can spice up our food storage meals.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 AM

the Brunswick Stew is the Best (so close to the stew I get in NC)
just add some hot sauce and its heaven