Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Gladius's Avatar
Gladius Gladius is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 119
Thanked 1,613 Times in 600 Posts
Default New Kahr CM9 vs. Ruger LC9 (pics)



Advertise Here

I just got back from picking up my new Kahr CM9. I took some pics of it next to my Ruger LC9 for comparison. The LC9 holds 7 rounds in the mag and the Kahr holds 6.











The Kahr lacks the LC9's magazine safety, loaded chamber indicator, horrific double action pull, and is smaller plus fits my hand much better. I much prefer the features (or lack thereof) of the Kahr 9mm pistol over the LC9. If the Kahr runs 100% with my defensive ammo, the LC9 will be retired.

I'll post a full range review hopefully this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
nunrush's Avatar
nunrush nunrush is offline
Lonesome Road
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Age: 36
Posts: 1,004
Thanks: 2,053
Thanked 1,637 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Cool. What is the price difference, aren't the Kahrs pricey? Also could you talk some more about the difference in triggers?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Gladius's Avatar
Gladius Gladius is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 119
Thanked 1,613 Times in 600 Posts
Default

The Kahr is about $100 more expensive than the LC9. I paid $470 for it because it was the first one my dealer got in... and you usually pay top dollar in those situations. I imagine they will settle around the $450 price range. The LC9 is in the $350-$360 range if you can find one right now.

The trigger of the LC9 is long, spongy, narrow, and doesn't release until you have it pulled nearly all the way to the grip. Couple the nasty feeling trigger and long spongy feel with a high grip (imagine a P3AT or LCP just larger) and a super narrow grip and it culminates into a trigger I simply hate. I can't get a decent group with the LC9 without REALLY focusing. I'm not "one" with the LC9, it feels like I have to adapt myself to it vs. it fitting me. That's something I can't really tolerate in a self defense gun... so I stopped carrying it.

The Kahr has a wider trigger, it feels very comfortable. It has a shorter travel and it feels more linear in its pull. This is probably due to the fact it's striker fired and the LC9 is hammer fired. You must pull the hammer all the way back on the LC9 (it's at full rest) with the trigger and the Kahr is partially cocked already (like a Glock), you just have to pull it the rest of the way and its smoother.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gladius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 04:36 PM
predestyned predestyned is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 488
Thanks: 326
Thanked 435 Times in 206 Posts
Default

you meant the pm9 i assume. you got a good deal.
i got mine from a police supply outlet at police price and i paid 499.00. the DA trigger pull on these guns is smooth as butter much like a top of the line revolver. love this lil gun it is so small and light i find myself throwing it into my p.j. pocket to run out to convenient store
these guns have settled into the 550.00 -650.00 range in my area, sweet lil gun
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Forster's Avatar
Forster Forster is offline
skogbeskytter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 890
Thanks: 4,466
Thanked 988 Times in 461 Posts
Default

CM9 is version of already small PM9

Last edited by Forster; 04-01-2011 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Thinking of .380
Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Gladius's Avatar
Gladius Gladius is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 119
Thanked 1,613 Times in 600 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predestyned View Post
you meant the pm9 i assume. you got a good deal.
i got mine from a police supply outlet at police price and i paid 499.00. the DA trigger pull on these guns is smooth as butter much like a top of the line revolver. love this lil gun it is so small and light i find myself throwing it into my p.j. pocket to run out to convenient store
these guns have settled into the 550.00 -650.00 range in my area, sweet lil gun
Nope, it's a new model. It's called the CM9 and it's pretty much the same thing as the PM9 minus some of the frills. It comes with one magazine, has a button rifled barrel (vs. polygonal) doesn't have some of the relief cuts on the slide the PM9 has, has a pinned front sight, etc. This all serves to lower the cost making it more competitive against lower cost alternatives on the market.

It still displays high quality you expect from a Kahr and I actually prefer the blockier lines of the CM9.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:11 PM
predestyned predestyned is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 488
Thanks: 326
Thanked 435 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Nope, it's a new model. It's called the CM9 and it's pretty much the same thing as the PM9 minus some of the frills. It comes with one magazine, has a button rifled barrel (vs. polygonal) doesn't have some of the relief cuts on the slide the PM9 has, has a pinned front sight, etc. This all serves to lower the cost making it more competitive against lower cost alternatives on the market.

It still displays high quality you expect from a Kahr and I actually prefer the blockier lines of the CM9.
ok yeah. i see now that i got mine out and compared with pics above. yes fixed front sight ,slide on cm9 looks like it sticks out about 1/4" from black frame while the pm9 is 1/8" or less(pm9 looks like smaller gun) and yes i see the blockier look on the cm9 . damn learn something if ya sit down and shut up once in a while, hugh? how long these guns been out?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:35 PM
nunrush's Avatar
nunrush nunrush is offline
Lonesome Road
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Colorado
Age: 36
Posts: 1,004
Thanks: 2,053
Thanked 1,637 Times in 558 Posts
Default

Thanks again for some great info man. I've been eyeing the Kahr models for some time.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Gladius's Avatar
Gladius Gladius is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,043
Thanks: 119
Thanked 1,613 Times in 600 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by predestyned View Post
ok yeah. i see now that i got mine out and compared with pics above. yes fixed front sight ,slide on cm9 looks like it sticks out about 1/4" from black frame while the pm9 is 1/8" or less(pm9 looks like smaller gun) and yes i see the blockier look on the cm9 . damn learn something if ya sit down and shut up once in a while, hugh? how long these guns been out?
No problem, I can see why you thought it was a PM9.

They started shipping to dealers this week.
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kahr CW45 Archery Ham Pistol and Revolver Forum 13 04-25-2011 06:04 PM
Kahr Customer Service/Kahr CW9 offshore Pistol and Revolver Forum 8 09-29-2010 08:58 AM
Kahr Trouble Muck HOG Pistol and Revolver Forum 13 09-25-2010 12:48 AM
Kahr CW9 vs M&P 9c newberrie Pistol and Revolver Forum 3 09-15-2010 09:40 AM
Ruger LCP vs Kahr Pm40/9, .38 revolver, Rorghbar 9mm, Kahr 380, etc for front pocket? FloridaState Pistol and Revolver Forum 27 06-19-2010 10:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net