Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,920 Times in 12,707 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2
Default Should Non-Virgin Wives Be Stoned To Death?

Advertise Here

Question #1) Let's say that a man marries a woman and believes that the woman is a virgin but finds out later that the woman really wasn't a virgin. Should the men of the community stone the damsel to death?

Question #2) Is it okay to pick and choose which Torah laws to follow and which ones to leave behind based on modern thought, traditions, or assumptions?

Do we or do we not follow the following Torah Commandment of God?:

Deuteronomy 22:13-21,
"13If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:
16And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;
17And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
18And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;
19And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
20But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
21Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."

Last edited by ActionJackson; 03-27-2011 at 03:42 PM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Target Shooter

1. No stoning is not a good solution to the problem.
2. The New Testament has negated many of the Old Testament rules.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wpage For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
camps in trees

Thanked 1,493 Times in 682 Posts

Unless you marry a 10 year old I think you gonna be hard pressed to even find one. You marry a 10 year old I think the men of the community are gonna stone you to death.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to neo71665 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Jon from 119 Ministries posted an excellent study about this. Sure saves a lot of typing! It would BREAK Torah to do such...!

http://q.b5z.net/i/u/10105283/f/FAQ_...n_Gods_Law.pdf

119 Ministries
www.TestEverything.net
Old 03-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Bleach blonde on fire :p

Thanked 8,515 Times in 3,582 Posts

My husband has been my only....I LOVE him dearly and glad he was my first and only.

Being stoned for not being a virgin??? That is wrong on so many levels....what recourse is there if the man is not a virgin....would he also be stoned???
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rncmomx2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by temu View Post
Jon from 119 Ministries posted an excellent study about this. Sure saves a lot of typing! It would BREAK Torah to do such...!

http://q.b5z.net/i/u/10105283/f/FAQ_...n_Gods_Law.pdf

119 Ministries
www.TestEverything.net
I saw Jon's reply and was actually very happy and relieved to hear that not all of the Torah is to be taken literally in all cases. I would hate to imagine how many women would be stoned to death if Torah Keepers actually kept those laws. Whew!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rncmomx2 View Post
My husband has been my only....I LOVE him dearly and glad he was my first and only.

Being stoned for not being a virgin??? That is wrong on so many levels....what recourse is there if the man is not a virgin....would he also be stoned???
LOL. I agree. Fortunately, I've heard from a couple of Torah Keepers that say that portion of the Torah is no longer to be taken literally or seriously. Thank God for Christ's forgiving Spirit and the door that leads away from keeping some of the Torah Laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I saw Jon's reply and was actually very happy and relieved to hear that not all of the Torah is to be taken literally in all cases. I would hate to imagine how many women would be stoned to death if Torah Keepers actually kept those laws. Whew!!
Did you read the study? He explains in detail about the sanhedrin, witnesses, etc.

GREAT study!

Talk about STONING...

Rev 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:16 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,552 Posts

People back then were morons. We don't stone people, period.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
I'd be careful about calling the Author of Torah a moron...

Old 03-27-2011, 04:23 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
I'd be careful about calling the Author of Torah a moron...
I do not like to offend your believes, but if whoever wrote the Torah is in really favor of stoning our women to death -for whatever reason- he is a moron. Self evident truth.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Did you read the study? He explains in detail about the sanhedrin, witnesses, etc.

GREAT study!

Talk about STONING...

Rev 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

There's no doubt that Jesus Christ and His angels have some special punishment set aside for those who blaspheme God.
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
I do believe that before the advent of Jesus Christ, His death, and His resurrection that the entire Old Testament Law was to be taken literally and seriously. That WAS how things were done and it WAS the will of God. However, Jesus Christ showed us a better way and cleansed us of our sins with His shed blood. Today, if a damsel sins or makes some bad decisions she can turn to Jesus Christ and find forgiveness before a stone finds its way to her body. All glory and praise goes to Jesus Christ our Savior.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Question #1) Let's say that a man marries a woman and believes that the woman is a virgin but finds out later that the woman really wasn't a virgin. Should the men of the community stone the damsel to death?
Dude, that would take a lot of weed....
Old 03-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Silent Bob

Thanked 3,184 Times in 1,207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Science View Post
Dude, that would take a lot of weed....
LOL now that was funny
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moirlend For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:

Question #2) Is it okay to pick and choose which Torah laws to follow and which ones to leave behind based on modern thought, traditions, or assumptions?

Do we or do we not follow the following Torah Commandment of God?:

Deuteronomy 22:13-21,
"13If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her,

14And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid:

15Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate:
16And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her;
17And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city.
18And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him;
19And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
20But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
21Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you."
What if a Woman thinks she is getting a virgin man only to find out that he lied? Shouldn't this work both ways there chuck?

I'm sure that you understand the women can be a little more creative in the punishment department, know what I mean?

...I might be thinking.....oh.....let see.......maybe layin a "Linda Bobbit" move on your A*s.... or sumthin?
The Following User Says Thank You to Axles of Evil For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 06:37 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axles of Evil View Post
What if a Woman thinks she is getting a virgin man only to find out that he lied? Shouldn't this work both ways there chuck?

I'm sure that you understand the women can be a little more creative in the punishment department, know what I mean?

...I might be thinking.....oh.....let see.......maybe layin a "Linda Bobbit" move on your A*s.... or sumthin?
My name isn't chuck. Do you see anywhere in my post where I said that we should stone the woman? Take another look then get back to me.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:06 PM
John 3:16

Thanked 47,981 Times in 20,517 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 

so let me get this straight.

The law commands that non virgins, kids that are disrespectful and those that wear cloth made from different types of cloth to be stoned to death.

Don’t eat pork, and make sure your women dress like women (another abomination) oh and be sure all your clothing has tassels hanging off of it. Oh and dont work on the Sabath unless you are doing something good otherwise thats a sin as well.

Now we don’t do these things in today’s Church because we are not under the law anymore, so what’s up with not celebrating Christmas and Easter?

Sounds like some are just cherry picking.

Either you are still under the law or you are not. Hot or lukewarm, a sheep or a goat, saved or not.

Sounds a bit hypocritical to follow some laws to the letter and to ignore others.

And just to be clear, the question is: WHY follow some laws and not others?

BTW if we do happen to violate one of those laws should we sacrifice a lamb to clean us of that sin, or will a chicken do just fine?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Saint For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2011, 08:07 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 26,427 Times in 10,443 Posts

why stone them give them to me i dont mind a woman with experience
Old 03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moirlend View Post
LOL now that was funny
Thank you, I figure a joke was the right way to reply, it's clearly not a serious post. I mean, the only people who expect anyone to follow the literal wording of a holy book would be Christians expecting Muslims to follow the literal word of the Koran. Otherwise we all know that people pick and chose what they want from the books. They like the "kill all the fags" stuff but not the "my wife's gotta be a WHAT!?!" parts. So they ignore what doesn't justify what they want to do anyhow.