Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 08:29 AM
VINCENT's Avatar
VINCENT VINCENT is offline
Pull up your Dora panties
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake county, florida
Posts: 7,367
Thanks: 20,381
Thanked 16,339 Times in 4,435 Posts
Thumbs up Weapons cache



Advertise Here

To any of you who might own a few guns and rifles or a lot and have ammunition for all, I thought you might find this interesting. Remember, this is one of the reasons the Japanese chose not to invade or attack the continental US. They knew we were armed. Now, I know that was 70 years ago, but it still rings true until the government makes the mistake of disarming us. And they are trying to do so.



Massive Weapons Cache



You may have heard on the news about a southern California man that was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found that he owned 100 guns (by rough estimate) and had 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home.

The house also featured a secret escape tunnel. My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter "Wow! He has ... about a million machine gun bullets." The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache."

BTW, I am dubious about the pile of ammunition boxes and cans that they showed. It looked big enough to contain no more than about 100,000 rounds, unless there was a lot of .22 rimfire ammo.

However, by southern California standards, even someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."

Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector"

In Texas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector"

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Idaho , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

And, in Wyoming he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."
The Following 100 Users Say Thank You to VINCENT For This Useful Post:
101stPathfinder, 223shootersc, 2crows, 357revolverfan, 44 Flattop, A-Train, A1D, AceScanner, AZman, besidethecreek, BigDudeGeorge, BlackhawkFan, Blooddawg34, Borrowed time, Bpreped, Bull71, Captned, Category5, CCSir, CheckTheWeather, Chops249, Crusoe, Crutch, CSM101, danoomuller, danpauselius, DElmer, dgmj10, DocRob, dwwaldron, faif2d, falconman, FireTamer, fistfull of hurt, Gallo Pazzesco, gatekeeper2earth, germantrader10, Gordon Gekko, grandma, greenhorn, Grevlin, grumpygrady, Gunhawke, harley-73, harleyrider86, hawkbern, hellbilly417, HK91, jason1221, jeff92, kimosaubi, ksmedman, larryp, lildrestl3, Lone Star, MasterLocked, MikeK, mongoose, Mr. Beef, ms,hillbilly, Mullenite, mumbojumbo, neosurvivalist, NorIDhunter, OhioMan, pilozard, Polarisail, QQaaQQ, Ranger72, rapiddagger, rey, rice paddy daddy, rugster, Savage1, SCALPHUNTER, scrounger69, sirtomprice, Sparks107, square1, SSGNasty, Steverino, Sureiscool, tackleberry2000, tedennis, tgoodman44, The Saint, Tigers, TimeTraveler, TMcArthur, tro, twowong4words, TxHills, Ulfric, usmc0331, WGSNewnan, wldrbob, XR750, z man, Zarr, zephir
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM
SCALPHUNTER's Avatar
SCALPHUNTER SCALPHUNTER is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Spirit World
Age: 52
Posts: 4,687
Thanks: 5,106
Thanked 12,355 Times in 3,434 Posts
Default

A typical "knee jerk reaction" to a man exercising his constitutional rights! They have no business even entering his property unless he was either a felon illegally possessing firearms or had made some type of threat against others.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SCALPHUNTER For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:03 AM
InfScout's Avatar
InfScout InfScout is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,055
Thanks: 3,849
Thanked 8,430 Times in 2,068 Posts
Default

Yeah, it depends on where you live. I'm sure if the same story was about a guy who lived in MA or even CT, it'd be the same in the media. And if he lived near a school, there'd be instant "wetting of pants" interviews with concerned parents.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
AT&T AT&T is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 409
Thanks: 1
Thanked 343 Times in 164 Posts
Default

I was considering caching some rifles ammo away from my house somewhere on the property of 100 acres. I was thinking of a 50 gallon plastic barrel. Either that or a 12 inch diameter 5 foot long plastic pipe. Like a sewer pipe etc. It would be enough room to keep a couple rifles, ammo and maybe some clothes etc. Do you think they would store well if burried? Anyone thought of this or tried it.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 AM
VINCENT's Avatar
VINCENT VINCENT is offline
Pull up your Dora panties
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake county, florida
Posts: 7,367
Thanks: 20,381
Thanked 16,339 Times in 4,435 Posts
Default

therr are lots of threads on here about how to cache, plus there are some really good videos on youtube
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VINCENT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:39 AM
InfScout's Avatar
InfScout InfScout is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,055
Thanks: 3,849
Thanked 8,430 Times in 2,068 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT&T View Post
Do you think they would store well if burried? Anyone thought of this or tried it.
There was a nicely written web-article from a guy that allegedly did the PVC pipe thing and then dug it up years later. What he posted seemed to validate the concept. I haven't tried it. The hard drive I have that link on isn't available at this time, but I think I found it by googling "caching weapons" and then just scrolling. I may have made the search a bit more specific, can't remember.

Anyway just searching for that will give you info on the subject. But it is the internet so use the info at your own risk. It'd suck to follow instructions and find corroded ammo, a rusted gun, and moldy, rooting clothes.

I do remember back when I was much younger, we had a small "cave" (by our standards at least- not a true cave) where we cached stuff. It was at least a mile into a big state forest. Evidently, others knew of the same location and we frequently found the place ransacked. Thinking back, upon noticing the fire pit, I guess we should have figured that out. But we were ten, maybe 11 yrs old, and life was an adventure.

Also, our storage skills were weak and animals played their game with some of the stuff.

Dig deep!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM
MikeK's Avatar
MikeK MikeK is offline
Walking methane refinery
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 51
Posts: 48,106
Thanks: 85,892
Thanked 94,928 Times in 31,381 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1
Default

I think massive weapons cache is pretty accurate, myself. But I see that in a positive light rather than the negative spin they put on it. Sounds like the kind of guy I'd get along with.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 01:34 PM
PPDHAWK's Avatar
PPDHAWK PPDHAWK is offline
I have a gun.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 351
Thanks: 354
Thanked 500 Times in 163 Posts
Default

I am in Law Enforcement and maybe that makes a difference. But there is someone in my town who has more than 100 guns. It isn't me (I wish). When I go to his house, I call it shopping.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PPDHAWK For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM
VINCENT's Avatar
VINCENT VINCENT is offline
Pull up your Dora panties
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake county, florida
Posts: 7,367
Thanks: 20,381
Thanked 16,339 Times in 4,435 Posts
Default

i have a guy like that. lining the walls in the hall, in stacks by the couch, both boxed and not. cant even sit down because i there are gun parts on everything. granted he lives in a little single wide trailer, but still its like walking into a candy shop, and there is always something new to see.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM
petergunn's Avatar
petergunn petergunn is online now
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 54
Posts: 1,905
Thanks: 901
Thanked 1,945 Times in 945 Posts
Default

Quote:
However, by southern California standards, even someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."

Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector"

In Texas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector"

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Idaho , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

And, in Wyoming he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."
I'd call him rich
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petergunn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
VINCENT's Avatar
VINCENT VINCENT is offline
Pull up your Dora panties
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: lake county, florida
Posts: 7,367
Thanks: 20,381
Thanked 16,339 Times in 4,435 Posts
Default

how about i call him "my hero"
The Following User Says Thank You to VINCENT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Crusoe's Avatar
Crusoe Crusoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Montana
Age: 37
Posts: 212
Thanks: 113
Thanked 322 Times in 115 Posts
Default

You can collect stamps, coins, beanie babies, cars, trading cards, etc. and nobody bats an eye. You collect guns and you are "mentally unstable."
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Crusoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 03:00 PM
97guns's Avatar
97guns 97guns is online now
Barrio Bajo Seņor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: in a casino
Posts: 2,834
Thanks: 16
Thanked 3,705 Times in 1,603 Posts
Default

what if i collected hammers and went molly hatchet on someone, would they ban hammers?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 97guns For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 PM
NedReck NedReck is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 370
Thanks: 80
Thanked 372 Times in 184 Posts
Default

100 guns does not sound like a huge amount to me. I know a lot of people whom own 20 or more. Some folks get that "odd gun" collector going on and there are a lot of very interesting firearms that are not mainstream.

I would bet a lot of money that many Lugar collectors flirt with that many along with Colt collectors. I know a guy whom has about 20 1911's, most are mil-spec from the various wars, some are even in glass cases.

I on the other hand have none, never would have thought I could lose them fishing but you can turn a boat over much easier than I thought.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NedReck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
spec ops spec ops is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 573
Thanks: 271
Thanked 364 Times in 216 Posts
Default

I all ready have a mossberg 464, m1 garand made in April 1941, ar15 and my dad is going to give me his tactical Remington 700 and I haven't even started yet.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Magman77 Magman77 is offline
Recent Blog:
Camper #9
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tacoma WA.
Posts: 507
Thanks: 319
Thanked 360 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97guns View Post
what if i collected hammers and went molly hatchet on someone, would they ban hammers?
The much missed Paul ****** made that exact point on his radio show one day. I laughed so hard, I almost fell out of my truck.....Good day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Magman77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:05 PM
SgtBooker44's Avatar
SgtBooker44 SgtBooker44 is offline
Ron Swanson 2016
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 31,374
Thanks: 4,363
Thanked 26,098 Times in 13,653 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINCENT View Post
To any of you who might own a few guns and rifles or a lot and have ammunition for all, I thought you might find this interesting. Remember, this is one of the reasons the Japanese chose not to invade or attack the continental US. They knew we were armed. Now, I know that was 70 years ago, but it still rings true until the government makes the mistake of disarming us. And they are trying to do so.



Massive Weapons Cache



You may have heard on the news about a southern California man that was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found that he owned 100 guns (by rough estimate) and had 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home.

The house also featured a secret escape tunnel. My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter "Wow! He has ... about a million machine gun bullets." The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache."

BTW, I am dubious about the pile of ammunition boxes and cans that they showed. It looked big enough to contain no more than about 100,000 rounds, unless there was a lot of .22 rimfire ammo.

However, by southern California standards, even someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."

Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector"

In Texas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector"

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Idaho , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

And, in Wyoming he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."
An investor?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:23 PM
rugster's Avatar
rugster rugster is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,498
Thanks: 1,895
Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,728 Posts
Default

A link would be nice?

is it this idiot that tried to smuggle his guns from California to Canada if so He a moron that deserves to go to jail


http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/n...d-09f17021ed06
The Following User Says Thank You to rugster For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
SCALPHUNTER's Avatar
SCALPHUNTER SCALPHUNTER is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Spirit World
Age: 52
Posts: 4,687
Thanks: 5,106
Thanked 12,355 Times in 3,434 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugster View Post
A link would be nice?

is it this idiot that tried to smuggle his guns from California to Canada if so He a moron that deserves to go to jail


http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/n...d-09f17021ed06
Not the same guy. The one you are referring to was transporting his guns into Canada illegally and got caught, and according to the article it was in May of last year. The guy this thread is about lives in California and his home was invaded and ransacked by the law. He was then put under mental observation for having what they considered too many guns, and an escape tunnel under his home. As I said in a previous post, unless he was a felon illegally possessing firearms, or he was threatening someone in some manner, they violated his constitutional rights. It's not illegal to own guns, and as far as I know, it's not illegal to have an escape tunnel under your home either...but then again it's California, so who knows?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SCALPHUNTER For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
rezarxt rezarxt is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MD/VA
Posts: 212
Thanks: 67
Thanked 179 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Uhhh Id consider someone who owns 100+ guns and 100,000+ rounds of ammo crazy as well. Im not saying it should be illegal, but they def have problems.

If theyre collecting antique firearms then maybe its not as strange. But in this case, Id say its probably a good idea the guys getting some help. Why the hell do you need an escape tunnel from your home? lol
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
shtf weapons, stockpiling weapons, weapons, weapons cache



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Art of Weapons Cache Mad Dog Firearms General Discussion 9 01-04-2014 03:05 PM
weapons cache and ideas forestdavegump Firearms General Discussion 1 10-25-2009 12:32 PM
Weapons Cache Found Under Church Construction Site Newsfeed General Discussion 0 10-19-2009 08:00 AM
Weapons cache stuns agents MikeEagle12 Military Weapons Forum 13 01-27-2009 02:14 PM
Man Accused Of Weapons Cache Sweeper General Discussion 49 01-27-2009 12:09 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net