Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM

Default LRB Arms AR 15 lower receivers

Advertise Here

Just bought a new AR 15 (M4) built with a lower receiver from LRB Arms. I've known that they produced quality custom M14s but didn't know they did AR 15 work. Any experience or opinions about LRB made AR 15s?
The Following User Says Thank You to praetorianseven For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorianseven View Post
Just bought a new AR 15 (M4) built with a lower receiver from LRB Arms. I've known that they produced quality custom M14s but didn't know they did AR 15 work. Any experience or opinions about LRB made AR 15s?
I bought two lowers for cheap a while back for some budget builds. All they (LRB) do is the final machine work, they're not casting them themselves. The machine work isn't rocket science with the right tooling.

The ones I have are both in spec.

A lower is just a housing, if it's in spec and forged/anodized properly, it'll work just fine.

Kind of like the plastic surrounding a computer, it's what's inside that counts.

If you're talking about a complete rifle, I don't believe they build any uppers or complete rifles, just machine the lowers, and sell stripped uppers. Your upper is probably from another mfg., or someone built that rifle up themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to mizer67 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 07:52 AM

You're right, I think the dealer I'm buying from built it himself but I'll find out in a couple of days when it arrives. LRB makes some pretty impressive (but expensive) M-14s.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Don't eat bowls of stupid

Thanked 4,719 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorianseven View Post

Wow! Neither did I but let us know more in your range report bro.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Hiker

Many companies do not do their own work. We live in the day and age where it's cheaper to outsource. Companies just have their logos CNC'd on the parts for final product.

I read the LRB AR15 lowers weren't very good. You can tell that something isn't the same since the M1A receivers are ultra expensive...that should be your first clue that the build quality isn't the same in their AR15 lowers. Keeping in mind that the LRB M1A receivers are the only forged receivers made in the USA.

As long as you have a "mil spec" lower, you will be fine. The lower does not take the abuse on the rifle, so it will be fine for years to come.
The Following User Says Thank You to munchie3409 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2011, 06:43 AM

I will fire the weapon ASAP and let everyone know how it performs.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie3409 View Post
Many companies do not do their own work. We live in the day and age where it's cheaper to outsource. Companies just have their logos CNC'd on the parts for final product.

I read the LRB AR15 lowers weren't very good. You can tell that something isn't the same since the M1A receivers are ultra expensive...that should be your first clue that the build quality isn't the same in their AR15 lowers. Keeping in mind that the LRB M1A receivers are the only forged receivers made in the USA.

As long as you have a "mil spec" lower, you will be fine. The lower does not take the abuse on the rifle, so it will be fine for years to come.
Meh.

The finsih isn't black teflon coated like a lot of the other lowers out there now, it's much more grey than black, but there's nothing wrong with their lowers - at least the two I have.

This was shot on an LRB lower at 100 yards with me driving. They can't be that bad. Like I said, it's just a housing and is a non-stressed part. That's a dime, in case you can't tell from the picture, and this was 10 rounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to mizer67 For This Useful Post: