Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Knives, Swords & Axes
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Knives, Swords & Axes Survival knives, multi-tools, gerber, buck, cold steel, leather man.....

Advertise Here

Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Default Best neck knife?

Advertise Here

I am looking to purchase a good neck knife. One that will not be to bulky as i want to wear it everyday under my shirt and i want to conceal it. I dont want to break the bank with but also want quality. Any sugestions?
The Following User Says Thank You to txhc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Prepared

Try the Becker Eskabar. Its a design that mergers the becker necker with the esee design. And it wont break the bank.
The Following User Says Thank You to flgatortown For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,454 Times in 3,238 Posts

Just make sure that you aren't arrested for carry a concealed weapon--check your local laws before buying.

There are lots of neck knives out there from $30 to $100 that are quite good quality...They also range in size from 1" to 6" with the larger ones being just the skeleton...Also take a look at a HAK (Hide Any Where) knife like the Ka-Bar TDI as well as their neckers the, Johnson Adventure, Becker Remora, Necker and BK-11, Besh Boga, Eskabar.

Look in the stickies above for American, Canadian, European Knife Makers for links to the makers.

Knife Outlet has the Meyerco line on sale as an example.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,354 Times in 763 Posts

I have an Izula and would recommend it for anyone.

http://www.eseeknives.com/neck_knife.htm
Old 03-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Gone Fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhc View Post
I am looking to purchase a good neck knife. One that will not be to bulky as i want to wear it everyday under my shirt and i want to conceal it. I dont want to break the bank with but also want quality. Any sugestions?
Is this neck knife for utility of self defense? I personally don't like neckers worn around the neck for self defense as they might not be there when you need them and are engaged with an attacker.

However, for utility the Esee Izula is a great little knife. For self defense look at the Emerson La Griffe. I wear mine strong side belt carry in a kydex sheath.

Two completely different knives with different purposes, but both good at what they are designed for.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,490 Times in 3,462 Posts

I wear a Boker Subclaw Framelock in a kydex neck sheath made by Invictuskydex. http://www.invictuskydex.com/page2/page2.html
Old 03-02-2011, 12:20 AM

Bark River Bravo necker... give it a look. Pricey, yes, especially with optional scales (I do recommnd you get them). BUT, stainless steel, 2 sizes available, and a convex grind.

The option of stainless steel sold me on this one. I live in a coastal area, in a saltwater marsh. Couple that with sweat a neck knife can be exposed to... no brainer for me. Mine has held up very well for 2 years now.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJAY View Post
Is this neck knife for utility of self defense? I personally don't like neckers worn around the neck for self defense as they might not be there when you need them and are engaged with an attacker.

However, for utility the Esee Izula is a great little knife. For self defense look at the Emerson La Griffe. I wear mine strong side belt carry in a kydex sheath.

Two completely different knives with different purposes, but both good at what they are designed for.
Yea youll have to mention how you plan on using this knife. If for utility go with like the becker necker or izula or brkt necker. If you just want it as a defensive weapon...dont bother with any of these, there are lighter, better options.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Batoning Defender

"neck knife" seems to be a sub 3" fixed blade. Why the fudge would you carry it on your neck?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Gone Fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by w6f7 View Post
"neck knife" seems to be a sub 3" fixed blade. Why the fudge would you carry it on your neck?
For me neck carry is good when I am fishing or out in the woods. I don't buy into the theory of you could get caught on a tree and choke. It is quite a handy way to carry when you are using your hands.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:36 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadVorlon View Post
Bark River Bravo necker... give it a look. Pricey, yes, especially with optional scales (I do recommnd you get them). BUT, stainless steel, 2 sizes available, and a convex grind.

The option of stainless steel sold me on this one. I live in a coastal area, in a saltwater marsh. Couple that with sweat a neck knife can be exposed to... no brainer for me. Mine has held up very well for 2 years now.
Great, now I'm buying another knife. If it wasn't for guys (gals?) like you I'd have a lot more money and a lot less knives. WTF, here we go again.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Opinionated old fart.

Thanked 6,991 Times in 3,332 Posts

I just don't see the practicality of a blade that close to my neck. First of all, it aint secure. Sure its hanging, but where is it after a run? There are millions of good pocket folders out there that are safer to carry, more comfortable to carry, more secure, and better at what knives are used for. If you want deep deep concealment, get a good pocket clip knife and tuck it into your pants.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,503 Times in 4,467 Posts

Unless your clothing is compatable to such a knife, it is more a liabilty, than an asset.
If an attacker sees you fumbling , he knows it is of some value.
If it is up a sleve you can upatain it with the opposit hand ..
Just a thought.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 AM
Love My Husky/Samoyed

Thanked 13,561 Times in 4,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekHer View Post
Just make sure that you aren't arrested for carry a concealed weapon--check your local laws before buying.

There are lots of neck knives out there from $30 to $100 that are quite good quality...They also range in size from 1" to 6" with the larger ones being just the skeleton...Also take a look at a HAK (Hide Any Where) knife like the Ka-Bar TDI as well as their neckers the, Johnson Adventure, Becker Remora, Necker and BK-11, Besh Boga, Eskabar.

Look in the stickies above for American, Canadian, European Knife Makers for links to the makers.

Knife Outlet has the Meyerco line on sale as an example.
LOLOLOL!!! HAHAHAAAA!!! "Make sure that you are'nt arrested........" Classic.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,454 Times in 3,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungleboy View Post
LOLOLOL!!! HAHAHAAAA!!! "Make sure that you are'nt arrested........" Classic.
You got a problem with that!

You think it doesn't happen?

Try wearing one in NYC just for an example.

To get an idea of the knife laws -- like no blade (of anykind) over 1" in a number of universities--1.6" and your expelled -- try joining The Knife Rights group and maybe read Knife Laws of the 50 States before engaging your keypad!
The Following User Says Thank You to SeekHer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't it be concealed if it was in your pocket too? You guys have weird laws.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
nothing

I use the Buck Hartsook, small and easy to conceal, great little knife.

http://www.knivesplus.com/buckknifebu-860bk.html
Old 03-02-2011, 10:14 AM

This little tool has served me well for some time now.

There's all the info you need. The weight, along with the official, universal size reference in the background - the good ol' box of snus.

I might as well add that you can get it for under 5 dollars, if you find the right place.
http://www.moraofsweden.se/index.php...&ssel=18&lng=2

Not "tactical" enough?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,106 Times in 1,803 Posts

I have this boker neck knife. I haven't exactly put it through a torture test because that's not the purpose of the knife, but it's been handy to have. It snaps securely enough in the sheath that I don't fear it falling out.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Trapper

Quote:
You got a problem with that!

You think it doesn't happen?

Try wearing one in NYC just for an example.

To get an idea of the knife laws -- like no blade (of anykind) over 1" in a number of universities--1.6" and your expelled -- try joining The Knife Rights group and maybe read Knife Laws of the 50 States before engaging your keypad!
Seek, chill lol. The guy is agreeing with you. He thought what you said was funny because its so true.