Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM

Default porter stansbury

Advertise Here

i just recently came across this video about the economic collapse of America. this guy and his reasearch team seem pretty well informed and this may very well be what happens to our economy. naturally i wanna beleive everything he says and buy his research to protect yself out of fear of becoming a victim of this. but weve seen these fear tactics before. there are a lot of red flags that tell me this is a scam, like when they ask for a credit card not a debit card. does anyone know if this is legitimate? please time is running out and i really wanna take advantage of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to IIxWHITEWOLFxII For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Dog Gone It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIxWHITEWOLFxII View Post
i just recently came across this video about the economic collapse of America. This guy and his reasearch team seem pretty well informed and this may very well be what happens to our economy. naturally i wanna beleive everything he says and buy his research to protect yself out of fear of becoming a victim of this. but weve seen these fear tactics before. there are a lot of red flags that tell me this is a scam, like when they ask for a credit card not a debit card. does anyone know if this is legitimate? please time is running out and i really wanna take advantage of this.
Please don't waste your money buying Stansberry's newsletter. While many of the things he says in his video are true, he is using "fear" to sell his newsletter. Most of this same information can be found for free on the internet. There are a few websites that publish newsletter articles by many different analysts on a daily basis. By perusing these websites you can glean much information about what may happen in the future. If you'd like links to some of these websites, let me know and I'll post a couple.

Read this link regarding Stansberry's involvement in a securities scam:
http://briandeer.com/vaxgen/stansberry-fraud.htm
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kayso For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM

I agree w/ Kayso. I watched the video one Saturday morning after it was linked on Rawles' site. I agreed w/ much of the video, but am wary of most "ebooks" and "reports" sold on the interwebs. I emailed the folks at Porter Stansberry's asking what assurances I had that there was actual information in their "reports" as opposed to just more opportunities to purchase info from them. I received a short email, in broken English, that did not even address my issues. I then googled Mr. Stansberry and saw that he is snake oil salesman.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourne For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Journeyman

I paid for some of his writings. All in all worth the 50 bucks. I do have a problem with the continuous attempt to suck me in to another half dozen newsletters from his group of advisers.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,947 Times in 2,022 Posts

IMHO the video is brutal to watch and just drags on and on and on about the biggest change coming to America, etc. Just get to the friggen point already. It is too much of a fear build up sales job and although the end message may hold true and jive with many thoughts expressed on these boards, the delivery is terrible.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FranchiseKid For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,428 Times in 3,353 Posts

I too have viewed much of his video and feel the information is decent, but the delivery is far too time consuming. I feel that everything he could possibly present can be found in other locations for free.

Disclaimer: I have a rule to not spend $ on internet sites, information, sales gimmicks, etc. I am sure I do miss valuable information on occasion but will not deal with recurring monthly bills.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sierra skier For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
huh......what?

Thanked 34,040 Times in 8,314 Posts

I watched Stansbury's piece a little while back, and I didn't find it as objectionable as many here. I agree that he wasted a lot of time,the lengthy sales pitch at the end was a little annoying,and I was a bit PO'd at how difficult it was to extract yourself from the website.
Other than that, I sat through it and largely agreed with him, and thought he kept it fairly interesting and did a decent enough job of presenting it.
That being said, I think Chris Martensen's Crash Course does a much better, much more thorough job, and does it in very brief, easy to digest,segments.
I would recommend the OP and others not familiar with him give it a look.
http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse
The Following User Says Thank You to MIL-DOT For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 06:53 PM

what i was most interested in was that technique he was talking about that you can get 100% returns or something like that. i figured everything he said was basically true and got me scared enough to want to look into protecting myself. is there anyone here who can point me in the right direction of preparing myself for this?
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,420 Times in 732 Posts

Saw his commercial on CNN today. Doesnt make his website any faster to get through. SLOWWWWWW.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:11 PM

Basically he is stateing to expect the removal of the US Dollar as reserve currency status.

Which will double our fuel costs to world level immediatly, which will have the effect of slash and burn on our GNP, Food production and transporation will go thru the roof.

after that its how the welfare segment of society decides to act.....if the Wisc Govt unions are any indication......it wont be well.

His stock advisory has done very well by me...but I sifted thru to the energy and commoditys piks which was a no-brainer as QE1 and QE2, Porkulus etc were implemented.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:39 PM

I was sort of interested in the 'valuable investment' owned by all the wealthy people in time of crisis. Any guesses on that?

Otherwise it's the same old blah blah blah, gimmie your money. As if this guy is going to share deep dark secrets of the super wealthy with us peons, or even knows of such.

I noticed that it's a repeat, and that it evidently first made its appearance in November 2010. So I guess we're past due for a meltdown (he said jokingly).
Old 04-02-2011, 12:56 AM
I love this forum

I feel that this is still very, VERY relevant.
Does anyone know when this collapse is supposed to occur?
Old 04-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,739 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIxWHITEWOLFxII View Post
what i was most interested in was that technique he was talking about that you can get 100% returns or something like that. i figured everything he said was basically true and got me scared enough to want to look into protecting myself. is there anyone here who can point me in the right direction of preparing myself for this?
PLEASE take some time and read through some of the numerous articles on this clown and his newsletter/advisory group. They are a bunch of NOTORIOUS pump and dumpers who have been fined by the SEC and sued numerous times. Just a few of the articles ........

http://www.squarestate.net/diary/130...ys-newest-scam

http://www.thedailycrux.com/content/...ter_Stansberry

http://richmond.indymedia.org/newswi...1263/index.php

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_Porter_Stansberry

He is a shyster through and though HOWEVER .... if you somewhat believe in his doomsday scenarios and want to take a couple of flyers on them ....

http://www.profunds.com/funds/rising...portunity.html

http://www.proshares.com/funds/?gcli...ss=fixedIncome

http://www.darwinsfinance.com/is-now...us-treasuries/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotARoleModel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2011, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

Don't invest with someone who is not honest upfront.

I know I need brakes on my car.
- Please just quote me a price, and explain your warranty

Don't show me 3 hours of film about car crashs; and then tell me you and only you know how to make my car safe.

If a mechanic did that to your wife or your mother, you would be certain he was a fraud
Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Allergic to Bull****

Thanked 15,389 Times in 5,449 Posts

Obvious spam is obvious.

Listen, any time you come across a "newsletter" or "Dear Friend..." site it is most likely a scam. You realize that there are marketing classes for making these generic sites that use specialty phrases, wordings, logos, and context to get you to but their product?

Come on people wake up and see how obvious this is.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Sector IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by smytor View Post
I was sort of interested in the 'valuable investment' owned by all the wealthy people in time of crisis. Any guesses on that?
I forget exactly what I searched, but using a specific external quote from his film, I used my google-fu and got this answer: LAND.

If you would like to give me the $50 (or whatever) he's asking for, PM me.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Journeyman

He also talks about 'world dominaters'. These are companies like Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Walmart etc. bought at the right price.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Trapper

If the collapse is gonna be as big as he says it will be, there won't be any safe investments.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan.Sackett View Post
If the collapse is gonna be as big as he says it will be, there won't be any safe investments.
WRONG ... But not a slam at you, just a review of the history of hard times and hard working people.

It's a Doomer quote that is used often.

No matter how hard the future is; hard working people will:
- Grow Food
- Provide transportation alternatives (New fuels, or New vehicles) whatever it takes.
- Produce and trade tools and even weapons
- Create a system of recognized legal documents for property sales
- Enforce the law ... Civilized people will not let Mad Max take over
- Create trade through Barter and PM's. If you trust only Barter for Goods (God Bless You) But others will trade in PM's, they always have.
- Even a market for new products. Past Depressions, and even Plagues where up to half the population has died have opened up opportunites for hard working people to share new ideas, and become successful at it.

Sorry Doomers; Nothing will stop Man Kind, Not the worst of the worst. And the things that have real value now, will have real value then. A can of Spam, will still be a can of spam. (Sorry; Spam is still and will always be worth more than my favorite Tomatoes)

Man's History has just begun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steaker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by (I)Doomsday View Post
^ Went unanswered.