Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Default tippmann tpx pistol

Advertise Here

First actual post on here....looked around alittle bit and didnt really see anything on this specifically so figured Id metion it...I was reading a thread earlier on here about lesslethal rubber balls for riot control or something along that line.....since it isnt exactly ideal to carry around a paintball marker with 20oz tank on it it would be a better idea to carry a paintball pistol...there are several makers that offer reliable pistols but from my research and experience in paintball the tpx by Tippmann would be a great self defense weapon. Firstly because it is not constantly pressurized and only beomces presurized on the first pull of the trigger. Then u dont waste the co2 cartridges(12 gram). Also you egt the same performance out of a pistol as u do a regular marker minus the weight and awkward size and hopper on top of it. Also there are several places to purchase .68 cal projectiles from glass breaking balls to chill powder balls....any of which will be more than effective if you hit someone in the face or neck region. Just figured this would be a good idea for anyone who doesnt have access to an actual firearm and was looking for soemthing to have around just encase..reatils for $219 and extra clips are relatively cheap..Sorry if this is a repeat just thought I would share, thanks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bgaris0503 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,807 Posts

So are you actually planning on buying one of these and carrying it? I'm not quite sure what you're saying. If you shoot someone in the face with a rubber or glass ball from one of these you could kill them. Which would set you up for some serious legal trouble. Or you could fail to kill a threatening person and end up getting killed yourself. Gun, taser, pepper spray, in that order and you could throw in a knife. I'd be pretty leery of actually carrying a paintball pistol for self defense.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Experiment 626

Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,083 Posts

yeah, not exactly something you can carry around in your pocket for sure... and the legal predicament that you would place your self in if you used it on someone would leave you wishing that you had used a real gun on them.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM

obviously I wouldnt carry this around daily when there is no reason to....but if it is your only option as a way of protecting yourself from someone or something that is trying to harm you ...well then this is a reasonable option.....I wasnt saying i walk around the streets packing a paintball pistol lol just like i dont walk around with a machete or bow and arrow or any other non firearm weapon...I have no need to pack anything at this time...but when developing a BOB this wouldnt be a bad thing to have in somoenes arsenal...obviously this wouldnt be my first choice but it certainly could do some damage if someone ever called upon it to do so...sorry for the confusion.
The Following User Says Thank You to bgaris0503 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 10:17 AM

This is non sense bgaris0503, a paintball gun won't be useful for anything except to get you killed.

Lead isn't a man stopper at short ranges even less a pepper or rubber ball.

As someone mentioned previously consider a Gun, knife ,taser, pepper spray or go train your ass in some martial art.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the moment you realize that you need your weapon, you won't have time to go grab it, you need to carry always.
Is better to have and don't need, that need and not have.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Hiker

Default Glass Bullet Kung fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by APX.808 View Post
This is non sense bgaris0503, a paintball gun won't be useful for anything except to get you killed.

Lead isn't a man stopper at short ranges even less a pepper or rubber ball.

As someone mentioned previously consider a Gun, knife ,taser, pepper spray or go train your ass in some martial art.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the moment you realize that you need your weapon, you won't have time to go grab it, you need to carry always.
Is better to have and don't need, that need and not have.
APX.80

No lead required grass hopper, Think glass bullet Kung fu. or Google MB68P

Itís A usefull tool that delivers a lot of force. 50 to 72 foot pounds of kinetic energy.

A .68cal projectile with that much force will mess up any animal or person's day. Make them think twice, if there still standing that is.

Now its no match against a firearm. But it does have its advantages.

A knife ,taser, pepper spray or martial arts are all good, Yet they require you to be up close and personal.

So if you can not have firearm for what ever reson, Seems to me these air guns would make a great addition or alternative with the right ammo.

These tpx pistol and other air guns can reach out 150+ feet .

The .68cal air rifles can hold up to 200 rounds and fire 20+ rounds a sec and reach out 200+ feet.

The pepper balls are just if not more powerful as any pepper spray, I know mine are.

If necessary, A head shot with a MB68P glass bullet with 50+ foot pounds of energy, will take out any giant just ask David, he did it with just a sling and a stone.

Not everybodyís a mall ninja and not everybody has access to a real firearm legally or otherwise. Just ask our friends up north and those on the other side of the Big pond, Got Guns?

Heres some more info threds on the subject has lots of facts if you take the time to read through all the post,

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=116623

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=122792

Last edited by paintballarmsdealer; 01-12-2011 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paintballarmsdealer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 08:19 AM

If you think that carrying a weapon or training martial arts makes you a mall ninja you need to go read my blog latest post... besides, carrying a PB gun for sure will give you Mall Ninja 2011 first price.

In my country I can't carry legally so I train self defense and carry my folding knife, I would never trust my life to a PB gun, in your second thread link a lot of guys already explained why they'll never do it. One thing is riot control and another is self defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaris0503 View Post
from my research and experience in paintball the tpx by Tippmann would be a great self defense weapon.
OP is talking about self defense, seeing your nick I understand you defending the use of PB guns, but a few bucks are not worth of a life of guilty conscience.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:19 PM

lol...you guys....oooooooo boyyy...well i appreciate the back up about a paintball marker thanks man! Also...I was not saying I plan on going out and buying one of these for self defense...i own alot of markers and buy about 2 new markers every year since i play paintball FOR RECREATION. Also i live in New Jersey, where gun laws are very tight. Actual firearms would def be the way to go, no doubt. However, already using the resources I have (paintball markers) would not be a bad idea. Not saying i plan on carrying a marker around with me, now way, no need to, it was just an idea.Furthermore packing a marker with .68 cal rounds meant for breaking glass...I would have no prob taking on someone who has a knife or spray or throwing stars or freaking CHUCK NORRIS...lol It was just a thought plain and simple, thats all, i wasnt saying its a WARLOCK of selfdefense just that it isnt a bad idea, thats all...sorry for thinking outside the box
Old 01-13-2011, 12:12 AM

Default Not worth the risk

Here's my opinion on this.

While I agree that a paintball marker could be very effective as a "less lethal" self defense option (provided of course it's loaded with the proper ammo), I think it's not the route you want to take.

Here's why:
A) As stated above, if you do kill someone with it, which isn't impossible, then you could be in some serious legal trouble. That's the case with any weapon you use in self defense. The point I'm trying to make is this: Don't assume that you couldn't possibly kill someone while using a paintball marker in self defense.

B) While a paintball gun is not considered a firearm, if you intend to conceal it on your person, it may still be considered a concealed weapon. If that's the case, you would need a CCW license to carry it with you legally. Then the question must be asked, if you have a CCW license, why not just carry an actual gun.

C) While they do make specialty rounds for paintball guns, how likely is it that you will have access to them? Sure, they make door breaching rounds and tazer rounds for a 12 ga. shotgun, but only military and LE personnel have legal access to this specialty ammo. The same might apply for paintball.

If your heart is set on using a paintball pistol for self defense, talk to a lawyer or your local sheriff about the legality of this option. Ask them what legal implications are involved in both carrying and deploying a paintball pistol in self defense.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dunedain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2011, 06:40 AM

" Up close and personal with a taser"???? I know you probably trying to sell these things, hense the name paintballarmsdealer BUT!! get the facts right. C2 tasers give you a comfortable distance of 15 feet in which to deploy the weapon. Hardly "up close and personal." And no, i dont sell tasers, but i do carry one. As far as other options i also carry a kimber pepper blaster, much more compact and dependable. Also has a 15 foot cushion.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,096 Times in 448 Posts

One of my nephews has an A5. Make you doubting Thomases' a deal. Stand 15 feet away, turn around, and let him shoot you in the small of the back a few rounds. They'll have to carry you to the car. He's Navy and lives in San Diego with his wife and 4 month old baby girl. She has it loaded next to the bed. They live off-base, and can't have firearms of any sort. It is not even Top Five as an option, but it will send an intruder packing fast. Imagine the police picking a perp at the ER with a couple dozen welts the size of a golf ball splattered in a rainbow pattern trying to explain how he got that?

He was eleven and shot me once from twenty feet away. I paddled his ass until he cried, then I shot him with it. Lesson learned.

ISS
The Following User Says Thank You to ISS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 01:35 AM

yeah paintballs hurt...a little...Once the attacker realizes that its just paint and they bum rush your ass you lose. All paintballs will do is **** someone off more.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:06 AM
I DRANK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!

A paintball gun is certainly better than nothing, as is a bag of marbles. It would at least distract your opponent so that you could make an exit. Yes, it could open you up to some legal issues, but so could beating them to death with a bat. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, etc.

If you're legally allowed to, then by all means, carry an actual gun and learn how to use it. If you're not, then carry a knife or ASP baton and learn to use them. If not that, well...there's pretty much no "nonlethal" weapon that's tremendously reliable. Learn martial arts and stay out of trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marlowe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,851 Posts

They do make pepper balls, which would have a greater range than pepper spray but you sacrifice the bulk and size. That being said, I prefer a 9mm.
The Following User Says Thank You to panoz77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 AM
Hiker

Default Rubber Bullets Made With Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hills_have_eyes View Post
yeah paintballs hurt...a little...Once the attacker realizes that its just paint and they bum rush your ass you lose. All paintballs will do is **** someone off more.
No paint in my gun, It holds pepper balls and glass breakers, .68cal, 92 grain, Rubber bullets that are rubber coated glass balls.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Cold Weather Guru

I have solid nylon riot balls for my Tiberius T8 and the damage that these inflict is intense. As a Canadian real handguns as a carry are a big no no. Would I put all of my faith in it for all circumstances, hell no but it defiantly belongs on the list of very viable self defence tools. Personally I have never carried a paintball marker for this purpose but who knows what the future holds. The self-defence rounds made for the paintball markers are issued to police and prison guards with good results.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Hiker

So I just picked up one of these off craigslist for $160.00, I had to see for myself before recomending and I have to say I like it, Its great for a close range for defence at 100 feet or less. Its powered by a 12 gram co2 cartage and I'm getting 22 shots per cartage with the gun turned up to full power. Whats nice is the co2 cartage is not perced untill you pull the trigger the first time and its simiauto so as fast as you can pull the trigger.

weather getting nice here again so I'll be finishing up my videos to show soon you can bet there will be one with this little babby inflcking damage on somthing. Stay tooned.

Michael
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Is back.

Of course you would have to ramp up velocity. that with a rubber ball would be enough to break teeth, or a jaw, fingers, cause extreme pain. The best options would be either the TPX or the TIBERIUS, as both utilize a magazine. The Tiberius will leak air, as you have to pierce the 12 gram. the TPX will only pierce the 12 gram after a trigger pull. I personally don't see it as an EDC, but rather a tool for home defense. Just remember in Canada and USA the use of a paintball marker to injure, scare or otherwise non-sport related use, the local PD WILL treat it like a firearm. therefore if you are seen carrying it and, someone calls the cops, you will get 10 real guns pointed in your face.

EDIT. 90% of pepperball/riot control .68 guns are unbranded paintball markers, the same as you find at Walmart. most of those will be Tippmann 98 or A5. then the Tiberius.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Historian & Archaeologist

Thanked 1,694 Times in 705 Posts

the pistols wouldnt get enough velocity to really injure someone. they get less than a third of the fps of a full size gun.

me and a friend tried to mod one into getting higher velocities, but its just about useless and a waste of money and time..
Old 06-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litsgt View Post
the pistols wouldnt get enough velocity to really injure someone. they get less than a third of the fps of a full size gun.

me and a friend tried to mod one into getting higher velocities, but its just about useless and a waste of money and time..
Alot of .68 cal pistols out there, was it the TPX you tried to mod? Mine will split a cocanut @ 30 feet with the MB68P ammo I use.

Not talking pistols but what other volocity mods have you and you friend done on other guns? what was the best volocity you acheved? what was the easiest paintball gun to mod?

By the way the 68cal ammo I mentioned above can be found here.

www.alternatebuy.com

Last edited by paintballarmsdealer; 06-28-2011 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: none