Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 06-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Free Trapper

Default Fish Antobiotics For Human Use

Advertise Here

Recently read online that some fish antibiotics are identical to the product prescribed by docs; same capsule, dose, color, numerical markings, and manufacturer. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks in advance and God Bless! Jerry

Spelling error in title, sorry!!

Last edited by bluemountaingun; 06-01-2008 at 08:45 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemountaingun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2008, 08:55 PM
trois pour cent

Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,290 Posts

Use the search feature for "fish antibiotics" or "antibiotics". You will see a ton of info.
Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maurepas For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Scarred for life...

Thanked 5,213 Times in 1,566 Posts

Most medicines used for animals is higher quality than is required for humans.

Antibiotics, plus tons of other medications can be purchased online through legitimate companies for your livestock at prices that are EXTREMELY reasonable. Even supplements such as vitamins are higher strength and easier to digest than their human counterparts.

Ive bought quite a bit of various medications for my horses, cows, sheep, etc. Of course I dont have any horses, cows or sheep yet but when I get them, Ill have all the medications they will ever need. hehe
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to countryboy123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Prepared

I am an emt and I take the stuff

I have taken the FISHMOX ( amoxicillin ) many many many times and it works every time

I am trying to stock up on it now for the shtf and if I dont need it I can barter it for things I do
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ijuswannalive For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,449 Times in 979 Posts

you have to be careful because some of the medication has been modifed for a specifec animal and is eather infecent in humans or can actually hurt you.. not all animals and people are the same you have to be careful with what your useing..
Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Crack A Joke, Split A Gut

Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Trick is finding the right stuff. Thing is, you have two problems, computing the dosage (mg/kg) and the shelf life. I'm sure DocYoung knows more. Doc?
Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 AM

Some are listed in bird antibiotics
-Doxycycline
-Trimethoprim Sulfamethoxazole

Penicillin 500 mg Give 500 mg qid for Streptococcal, pneumococcal infections, anaerobic infections "above the diaphragm" such as abscessed teeth. Although its spectrum is limited, this drug is relatively cheap and causes fewer side effects such as diarrhea and vaginitis. Unfortunately, streptococci and pneumococci are increasingly resistant.

Amoxicillin / Ampicillin 250 mg Give 250 to 500 mg id for urinary, middle ear, and lower respiratory infection. This is a broader spectrum penicillin. Staphylococci are usually resistant.

Erythromycin 400 mg Give two tablets bid for pneumonia or Streptococcal sore throat. The drug is also of some benefit in Staphylococcal skin infections.

Tetracycline 250 mg Give 250-500 mg qid for plague and various other insect-born infections; urinary infections; bronchitis; infected animal bites; some venereal diseases; Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Avoid this class of drug in pregnant women and young children, if possible.

Doxycycline 100 mg, which is given once daily (twice for severe infections). Doxycycline has fewer gastrointestinal side effects and is better absorbed than tetracycline with food in the stomach, but is more likely to sensitize the skin to sunlight.

Metronidazole 250 mg The usual dose is 500 mg tid, higher for some infections (e.g. amebiasis). The drug is effective against certain protozoans including amoebae and Giardia, and for anaerobic bacteria such as those that normally inhabit the bowel and the female genital tract. It can be extremely useful in intraabdominal , pelvic, and wound infections caused by such bacteria.

Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole Give one double strength (DS) tablet bid for urinary infections and some types of bacterial diarrhea, or as a back-up drug for sinusitis, bronchitis, ear infections (for resistant organisms or allergic patients).
Attached Thumbnails
Vet Meds.jpg   Vet Meds 2.jpg  

Last edited by cloak-n-dagger; 06-04-2008 at 11:10 AM..
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to cloak-n-dagger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2008, 11:18 AM

Above med list is limited and i urge everyone to pick up a book
on pharmaceuticals and uses.

A good one is " The Pill Book " you can find it most everywhere.

Also if you are going to medicate yourself.....Know your allergies
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cloak-n-dagger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2008, 02:15 AM
Scarred for life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
you have to be careful because some of the medication has been modifed for a specifec animal and is eather infecent in humans or can actually hurt you.. not all animals and people are the same you have to be careful with what your useing..

Penicillin is penicillin, regardless of the animal it was designed for.

I think what you are talking about is purity. Higher purity meds last longer in storage than less pure meds. They also work better. Also the higher the purity, the safer the drug is.

Medications designed for horses especially are higher purity and therefor higher quality than the exact same medication designed for human use. Generally they are stronger (more potent) and safer as well. In fact, just about any medication designed for a farm type animal is at least as good as human grade and frequently it is higher quality than human grade medications.
The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2008, 03:07 AM
Wild Edibles Expert

Thanked 9,779 Times in 4,218 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 3

I buy tetra down to the feed store, 8 oz packages. Dosage is about one teaspoon three times a day. Tastes awful, gets the job done though.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:47 PM

Before considering using any type of antibiotic, I would suggest you google "antibiotic dangers". Antibiotics have a positive and negative side to them.

Also google antibiotic alternatives.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:32 PM

I am also interested on the subject...
I had a stupid infection few weeks ago on the thumb and was wondering in case of SHTF what can replace any prescription for antibiotics regarding a simple skin infection.
I would like to stock some for camping and SHTF.

My question is regarding these fish pills. Does anybody have imported them in Canada or where can I find these here (pet chop)?

I guess there is some Canuk friends here that can help regarding the regulations or where to find these.

Last edited by Eth0; 06-09-2008 at 08:03 PM..
Old 06-10-2008, 02:19 AM

liquid silver www.naturessunshine.com
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Ok, I went to the petshop today and there is nothing like the amoxicillin.

They carry the line of Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. Pack of 6 or 8 pills for different problem. This may be good but they do not post anything regarding what the pills are made from.

does anybody know if this is something viable? Or is there any other option/pack from this supplier?
Attached Thumbnails
Fish.jpg  
Old 06-13-2008, 08:10 PM
"Survivalist since Birth"

A forum similar to this that was on my favorites.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...?t=1821&page=4

Check out lambert vet supply! I was considering purchasing antibiotics from a pet shop near here but it was $14 for a 10 pack. At lambert you can get entire bottles for $13

http://www.lambertvetsupply.com/Anti...escription.php

Keep in mind, however, that these come with their consequences if overused.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semper Paratus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuswannalive View Post
I am an emt and I take the stuff

I have taken the FISHMOX ( amoxicillin ) many many many times and it works every time

I am trying to stock up on it now for the shtf and if I dont need it I can barter it for things I do

Do you take the pills just like human pills? What I mean is, do you have to disolve or empty the capsules, or just take them?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 PM

Default Don't drink liquid silver!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughterofliberty View Post
Taking colloidal silvers is a horrible idea. There is no scientific evidence that they are beneficial. The FDA has banned anyone from marketing silver solutions as therapeutic. Mostly because of their toxicity and interesting propensity to turn people's skin silver/blue. Please don't use this stuff. If you're looking to go au naturale with your cures, take other placebos. Or you could end up like this poor sap:
http://colloidalsilversecrets.blogsp...d-argyria.html
Old 06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Scarred for life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeahyeah View Post
Taking colloidal silvers is a horrible idea. There is no scientific evidence that they are beneficial. The FDA has banned anyone from marketing silver solutions as therapeutic. Mostly because of their toxicity and interesting propensity to turn people's skin silver/blue. Please don't use this stuff. If you're looking to go au naturale with your cures, take other placebos. Or you could end up like this poor sap:
http://colloidalsilversecrets.blogsp...d-argyria.html

Colloidal silver is mildly toxic. So is pretty much every other antibiotic. Toxicity is the reason why they work friend.

In small doses it will act as basically an antibiotic, killing viruses, bacteria, basically one celled organisms that do not have the ability to withstand even small amounts of toxic substances like penicillin or colloidal silver.

The human body is a much larger organism and would require a truly gigantic dose to elicit the same effects.

I think the biggest problem colloidal silver has is it is unregulated and the medical industry cannot make money off it so they have to put it down in order to make money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to countryboy123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2008, 08:23 PM

If you're talking about orange/yellow 011 tetracycline being the same in a prescription and for fish you are correct.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
"Dolt"

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,204 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

If you dont know what you're doing then you SHOULDNT do it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post: