Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Target Shooter

Default Montana no longer a state? could happen.

Advertise Here

I was listening to Glen Beck on Thursday.. Apparently.. when Montana became a state, in the contract for statehood they were pretty adamant about the 2nd amendment. They are no waiting to see what the supreme court rules on the DC gun ban, and if the ruling favors DC.. then Montana has legislation pending that would remove them from being a state. The original statehood contract would become null and void, due to the 2nd amendment clause in the contract..

I know what i wrote was a little vague.. I suppose I could go to glennbeck.com and copy and paste it.. but you get the idea here...

So.. what do you think? If the Supremes rule that DC has the right to ban guns.. basically crapping on the 2nd.. then Montana sees that as a breach of contract by the United States for letting DC ban guns.. and therefore they will cease to be a state, and revert back to the Republic of Montana!

If it goes down like that.. Im moving!!

-MadMike
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to madmike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Prepared

I was aware of this for some time. I'd love to see it to wake the anti-gunners up about how important the 2a really is. But can Montana support itself I ask? What are the guidelines for succeeding? I'd move to Montana if it was not so dammed cold!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,629 Posts

If that happened- there'd be another civil war- because it'd become an issue of 2nd ammendment supporters versus (insert more PC term than I can think of right now to reference those who are not in support of 2nd ammendment rights)

Gee- wonder who'd win that one? *chuckle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike View Post
I was listening to Glen Beck on Thursday.. Apparently.. when Montana became a state, in the contract for statehood they were pretty adamant about the 2nd amendment. They are no waiting to see what the supreme court rules on the DC gun ban, and if the ruling favors DC.. then Montana has legislation pending that would remove them from being a state. The original statehood contract would become null and void, due to the 2nd amendment clause in the contract..

I know what i wrote was a little vague.. I suppose I could go to glennbeck.com and copy and paste it.. but you get the idea here...

So.. what do you think? If the Supremes rule that DC has the right to ban guns.. basically crapping on the 2nd.. then Montana sees that as a breach of contract by the United States for letting DC ban guns.. and therefore they will cease to be a state, and revert back to the Republic of Montana!

If it goes down like that.. Im moving!!

-MadMike
Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 PM

God bless Montana. I support them entirely. Respect the Constitution.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 PM
This is a great survival forum

if they do it...i would move without delay...to montana of course
Old 05-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Tank Nerd

Oh yeah. We like our guns here.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:18 AM
living like no one else

Thats cool, Dont know If Id move up there or just wait it out for Texas to be the next in line
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LOSTEXAN For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 12:25 AM

If there are any good computer tech/admin jobs up there, you can bet your ass I'll look at joining the proud Republic of Montana. If only Alabama were a bit better about the political side of things...
Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Watchin tha world go by

Thanked 8,821 Times in 3,566 Posts

looks like from what ive found is is leaning our way by a 6-3 decission
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mongoose For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 02:13 AM

I would probably wait for Texas to join as well, unfortunately we would have our hands full with the mexican invasion that would follow shortly after Texas seceeded! Fortunately, we would have our guns!!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,000 Posts

Oklahoma would probably follow suite as well, I will stay put and make the Ozarks very unhealthy for any who side with our current gooberment. Make them be under fire everywhere they go the people in Montana will hold there own, each and everyone of us would do well to cut the supply/reinforcement lines.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Hermit

Montana is also refusing to acknowledge the coming national IDs. Most states at least apply for an extension. Not Montana. They say "screw you".

Quote:
HELENA In Montana, where individual rights are prized and the federal government is often seen as too big-brother, elected officials have banded together to fight off implementation of a national ID program.

Leading the charge is Gov. Brian Schweitzer, an outspoken Democrat, who has tried unsuccessfully to rally his colleagues across the country to challenge the congressionally approved plan known as Real ID. Just last week, Schweitzer said on a national radio program that no consequences will come from dismissing such a "hare-brained scheme."

Officials with the Department of Homeland Security disagree, saying Montana faces a "sense of isolationism" if it continues down its path of refusal. They say Montana driver's licenses won't be good for air travel or entering federal buildings after May 11 if the state doesn't take an initial step toward complying with the law.

"If it does come to a head, we've found it is best just to tell them to go to hell, and run your state the way you want to run your state," Schweitzer told National Public Radio.

The Department of Homeland Security has asked states to file for an extension to comply with Real ID requirements. All but four have filed in advance of a March 31 deadline.

Montana has a long history of fighting the federal government over its requirements. For years, the state bucked federal rules on speed limits, drinking and driving, seat belt use, and motorcycle helmets. In those cases, however, their refusal usually meant less federal highway money.

This time, Montana residents could also face extra screening at airports, unless they have a passport to show as identification. U.S. Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., says he will be the first in line for the extra screening.

"Montanans aren't scared of Beltway blunders like Real ID and all these little deadlines and threats that come with it," Tester said. "We expect a commonsense government, not one that wants to bully states and invade our private lives."

It was privacy concerns that prompted the Legislature last year to pass a law preventing the state from complying with Real ID, billed as the strongest stance by any state in the country. In Montana, where the U.S. Patriot Act is largely despised, lawmakers did not want the federal government collecting data on its citizens.
Full article
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Never For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Information is Ammunition

Thanked 26,890 Times in 10,484 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5

I just hope to hell Texas follows too. Guess it depends on the size of the Republic of Texas movement
Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Member, Tin foil hat club

BOOOYAAHH! That was some fun reading! I love that the guv said "we've found it is best just to tell them to go to hell"!

Another vote here for Texas to follow suit. But since Texas is probably in the Bushs' collective pocket, we'll probably be moving to Montana. :D
Old 05-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Prepared

Hummm Texas I might be able to do. I do not know if they have the ability to succeed though?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Hummm Texas I might be able to do. I do not know if they have the ability to succeed though?
As I recall when Texas became a State they left themselves an opening to succeed. It just takes a vote of 51% or more.
If Montana does succeed I think I will move back to my hometown of Circle.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eaglescout View Post
As I recall when Texas became a State they left themselves an opening to succeed. It just takes a vote of 51% or more.
If Montana does succeed I think I will move back to my hometown of Circle.
Thats absolutely right, we can even legally fly our flag at the same height as the U.S. Flag as Texas was a former Republic from 1839-1845 after kicking the mexicans asses back across the border. Again, my biggest fear is the presence of certain minority groups that would just assume see Texas be given back to mexico, OVER MY DEAD BODY!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to medicff0879 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicff0879 View Post
Thats absolutely right, we can even legally fly our flag at the same height as the U.S. Flag as Texas was a former Republic from 1839-1845 after kicking the mexicans asses back across the border. Again, my biggest fear is the presence of certain minority groups that would just assume see Texas be given back to mexico, OVER MY DEAD BODY!!

Interesting info, anyone have the actual documentation on this. I need to live in a southern climate as I truly dislike the cold. Yes I know Tx can get cold but not like Montana or Alaska. Why can't Fl have the right to succeed?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Watchin tha world go by

Thanked 8,821 Times in 3,566 Posts

if we suceed here in texas we have---industry,oil,seaports,and a coupla decent sizes military bases.

question should be how long could the notheast survive w/out texas and louisiana oil,
and 50%of the nations refining capacity since they were too good to use and build their own?

quite sure we could survive w/out them, could they say the same?
Old 05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
if we suceed here in texas we have---industry,oil,seaports,and a coupla decent sizes military bases.

question should be how long could the notheast survive w/out texas and louisiana oil,
and 50%of the nations refining capacity since they were too good to use and build their own?

quite sure we could survive w/out them, could they say the same?
Would it cause a civil war? I just do not see it happening for some reason. I want it too though. I also want NY and CA to leave the USA but for different reasons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pauly Wlanuts For This Useful Post: