Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,012 Times in 426 Posts
Default Trigger Finger

Advertise Here

I posted a question early this year if anyone had any homeopathic remedy for trigger finger and no one knew of one at that time. At that time I had a procedure, done with a needle to fix it. This worked for a couple of months and it came back worse than where it was. The next step was more invasive surgery, according to my Dr. I scheduled the surgery then life happened and I had to postpone it so I started doing some research.

What I found has relieved my pain 100% and the "catching" of my finger at least 90%. I take 4 1200mg capsules of fish oil daily. Two in the morning and two in the evening. I eat a stalk of celery, a natural anti inflamatory every day. If I miss a day I can tell. These two things got me half way there. The last thing was recommended by a friend and is a product called Penetrex, www.penetrex.com which has done wonders. It is a topical cream.

Not saying this will work for everyone, but wanted to share for those who have this PITA condition.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:38 AM
silenced

Thanked 3,303 Times in 1,520 Posts

i dont know what trigger finger is, maybe goin back to a carple tunnel thing.

medical cupping should help get blood back into the fingers easily

i dont see all ingredients in the penetrex, but it looks like it has stuff id recommend

msm, Boswellia , other essential oils will help with the pain. the sulfur compounds in msm will destroy arthritis(calcium deposites throughout the body)

turmeric(asian spice) is top anti inflamatory,
walking barefoot on earth will eliminate 70-80% inflamation and improve circulation to extremeties
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Trapper

Trigger finger is when a tendon, in the palm, becomes inflamed and has a knot on it. It causes the knuckle to hang up when this knot reaches the sheath that the tendon goes through. Medical practice is to releive the sheath.

I will aslo try tumeric and see if that brings me to 100%. Being a type 1 diabetic for close to 30 years, walking barefoot isn't a real good idea for me but thanks.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:43 AM
silenced

actually it can help, dr sinatra has scientific proof being grounded can help improve circulation and fix alot of health problems

http://www.heartmdinstitute.com/inde...art-1?idmenu=8
watch the rest of vids with dr stephen sinatra

also look up more barefoot technologies
Old 12-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,213 Times in 728 Posts

Interesting. I wonder if more fish oil (I already take 2 capsules each morning, but you take more) would help my knee, which has arthritis.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Trapper

I actually saw more improvement from the celery than the fish oil. The penetrex is good for arthritis according to the friend that referred it to me.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:48 PM
great survivalist *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey's Daddy View Post
i dont know what trigger finger is, maybe goin back to a carple tunnel thing.

medical cupping should help get blood back into the fingers easily

i dont see all ingredients in the penetrex, but it looks like it has stuff id recommend

msm, Boswellia , other essential oils will help with the pain. the sulfur compounds in msm will destroy arthritis(calcium deposites throughout the body)

turmeric(asian spice) is top anti inflamatory,
walking barefoot on earth will eliminate 70-80% inflamation and improve circulation to extremeties
You don't know what trigger finger is but you still recomend a medical treatment.

Is that just odd to me?
Old 12-16-2010, 06:50 PM
great survivalist *****

I know 3 people that have had "trigger finger". Two of the guys got surgery and that was the only fix for them. The other guy tries herbs and creams for many years and he still has trigger finger.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:05 AM
Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliott123 View Post
I know 3 people that have had "trigger finger". Two of the guys got surgery and that was the only fix for them. The other guy tries herbs and creams for many years and he still has trigger finger.
Yep, just as in everything what works for one may or may not work for another. I just wanted to post what has helped me. In a SHTF situation surgery may not be available - but you can add the fish oil and penetrex to your stocks if it helps - and I can grow celery. Would I say I'm healed, no. But I can deal with the minimal issue now where before I couldn't even pick up a jar of peanut butter using that finger.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 AM
silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by helliott123 View Post
You don't know what trigger finger is but you still recomend a medical treatment.

Is that just odd to me?

as i said i thought it might be a carple thing. carple problems are blood flow problems caused by inflamation and tendons not letting blood through

it was stated trigger finger is same problem just alittle further up, inflamation and tendon problems

i dont change my recomendation, because it should help, and i was right on my thinking

and what i recommended, does 0 harm to body and only helps

everyone has calcium forming organisms in their body. look up nanobacteria

cupping is a form of needleless acupuncture and works on carple tunnel, so it should help on tf when done right

and with pain eo's will help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chey's Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Trapper

Your recomendations are appreciated Chey's Daddy.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:31 PM
great survivalist *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chey's Daddy View Post
as i said i thought it might be a carple thing. carple problems are blood flow problems caused by inflamation and tendons not letting blood through

it was stated trigger finger is same problem just alittle further up, inflamation and tendon problems

i dont change my recomendation, because it should help, and i was right on my thinking

and what i recommended, does 0 harm to body and only helps

everyone has calcium forming organisms in their body. look up nanobacteria

cupping is a form of needleless acupuncture and works on carple tunnel, so it should help on tf when done right

and with pain eo's will help.
Your recommendations might not cause any physical harm but since you stated that you don't know what trigger finger is then how do u know your recommendations will help trigger finger?

If you had a problem with your car and you asked someone for advice on how to fix you car, would you take the advice from someone who said they don't know whats wrong with your car? They could tell you to change your engine fluids, which causes no harm, but it didn't fix the problem. That to me is a waste of time and money.

It's unethical to make medical recommendation when you don't know what the medical problem is.