Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion > Shotgun Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Shotgun Forum Mossberg, Winchester, Remington, Benelli....

Advertise Here

Old 11-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Experiment 626

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,084 Posts
Default NEF PARDNER Question

Advertise Here

I have heard that many parts from the remington 870 will fit the Pardner shotguns... My question is will buttstocks made for the 870 fit the NEF Parnder?

If not, can you tell me who makes a 12" LOP stock that will fit the NEF?
I am considering buying one, but really need the 12"lop for my little short arms.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58 AM

The stocks for an 870 will fit the NEF. The barrel is the part that does not allow regular 870 parts due to how the barrel ring is placed and attaches to the mag tube.
For the life of me, I do not understand why anyone would want to put 870 parts on a better shotgun.
The Pardner Pump has several different models to fit different needs and the site is up for those interested in the different styles that are offered.
NEF also makes a 20 ga. in what is called the Pardner Pump Compact.
I believe it is a 13 " pull with a 21" Vent ribbed barrel in walnut and matte blue.
I had one a while back and really did not use it much and let a friend have it for his small framed wife and she loves it.
I also have one in 12 ga. and it is a hoss shotgun and I've been through these guns in detail. They are well built guns.
I would not worry so much about accessorizing as much as I would about shooting the gun and getting familiar with it.
A 12 inch length of pull might be a gunsmith proposition as I don't think that you can buy one after market.
As far as 12 ga. over 20 ga. The only difference is shot size and weight. The 20 is plenty powerful and gives up little for power when used in defensive situations.
Th Pardner Compact is a fast handling gun due to it's size and weight . I really enjoyed it and the friends missus shoots it right well.
The Following User Says Thank You to mosinjoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2010, 12:11 PM
+

Thanked 2,895 Times in 935 Posts

The 870 hogue stock will fit... if that's why you're asking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakota For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM
المسيح هو الرب

Location: Opinions expressed are mine only and do not represent any group Org. etc. Per First Amendment
Thanked 1,201 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiec View Post
I have heard that many parts from the remington 870 will fit the Pardner shotguns... My question is will buttstocks made for the 870 fit the NEF Parnder?

If not, can you tell me who makes a 12" LOP stock that will fit the NEF?
I am considering buying one, but really need the 12"lop for my little short arms.
NEF's are made in China. Please buy American: Rem 870, 1100, moss 500 etc. Spend a little more and support America. If its a monetary issue, then just save up a little.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luke 22:36 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Experiment 626

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,084 Posts

Thanks for the answers! I already own both a remington 870 and a mossberg 500, I do my part to buy American and will continue to do so. That being said, I am looking for an inexpensive shotgun to put into long-term storage, but want a hogue 12" LOP stock on whatever gun that I get, and the Pardner may just fit that bill.

I may still just go with a used 870 from a pawn shop.. but now I know that the Pardner can be fit with the hogue 12" if I decide to go that route.

Thanks all of ya.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:09 PM

I'd buy American if American companies weren't selling us out on quality. The NEF is imported by an American company and you ARE buying American when you buy an NEF pump. When quality counts in a survival scenario, I'll buy what works. Now , NEF and Remington belong to a consortium known as the Cerebus group and Remington is just as complicit in bringing in the Pardner Pump as NEF is. The mantra of "buy American" is worn a little thin and really doesn't apply when one is buying for quality over brand loyalty. Lots of folks of late have been very dissappointed with Remington for quality issues. There are alternatives to the junk Remington is putting out lately. I don't say this lightly because I have fixed a bunch and some were just trash and had to be returned.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosinjoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Prepared

Call the company making the buttstock and verify it will fit the NEF Pardner before you buy it. Contrary to what many people say... many stocks and folders do not fit. This is the one drawback of the Pardner.
The Following User Says Thank You to SofaGeorge For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 06:51 PM
tinfoil bandana

Buy American. Sure will when American companies employ ONLY Americans.
The Following User Says Thank You to mongo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2010, 01:57 PM
CrackerJack Kid

I would like to buy a fully rifled slug barrel for my H&R 'Pardner Pump'.

Would I be able to use the rifled slug barrel from the 'PardnerŪ Pump Combo' on my 'PardnerŪ Pump Protector'?

Would they fit? I mean, it is the same brand right?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 PM

I am, almost certain that it will fit. NEF was H&R and had to rebrand their name due to a lawsuit that was thrown at them for two dipsqueeks Trying to win a Darwin Award.

They used a shotgun frame and fitted a rifle barrel, don't know what caliber, And the C.U.P of the round turned the combo into a hand grenade.

There are different Pardner Pumps for different applications and They are cheap enough to where you can buy three for the price of a Wingmaster.

NEF says they will fit the barrel to your gun if you send it in but I really think they are being over cautious. But that is a good thing if you look at how Remington is doing with their jam-o-matic Express.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
CrackerJack Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinjoe View Post
I am, almost certain that it will fit. NEF was H&R and had to rebrand their name due to a lawsuit that was thrown at them for two dipsqueeks Trying to win a Darwin Award.

They used a shotgun frame and fitted a rifle barrel, don't know what caliber, And the C.U.P of the round turned the combo into a hand grenade.

There are different Pardner Pumps for different applications and They are cheap enough to where you can buy three for the price of a Wingmaster.

NEF says they will fit the barrel to your gun if you send it in but I really think they are being over cautious. But that is a good thing if you look at how Remington is doing with their jam-o-matic Express.
Awesome!

So I'll be able to purchase a seperate rifled slug barrel and attach it on my pump?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:40 AM

I would call NEF to see what is available. I am not sure if you can purchase a barrel to fit separately. I'm just saying that NEF may be being cautious by recommending that you send the gun in for a fitted barrel. Check their web site for details.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:00 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 3,459 Times in 1,776 Posts

This "Buy American" chant would be worthy if America hadn't already sold "Us" ( the little Americans) out already. I buy American IF the product us superior to Jap/Chinese/other. I like the feel of American Iron. But, I do not lead blindly.

That being said, I do a lot of trading and I have scored 2 Mossberg 500 shotguns. One I have $65.00 in the other $145. You can't beat that. Barring that I would have 870 Remingtons. I do not really like shotguns anyway. I am not a shotgun man myself. I am a rifleman and a handgun enthusiast. Occasionally you do need a shotgun though. Case in point being I moved to Ohio where men do not shoot deer with rifles here. So I acquired the two Mossbergs I presently own. Great guns for the $$$$.

What a rant!