Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Just a tad bit insane

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehushtan kconk View Post
Imagine if tommorow an E.M.P blast along with some other high tech weapons basically did in all modern technology. Imagine further that all the guns have been taken by international forces to be held exclusively only by them.
No modern equipment with transistpors works. The only ones that do are held by U.N Security Forces. Allready, warlords are forming and moving towards the heartland of America with the plan to turn the people into serfs.
No cars, radios, e.t.c. Your one of those people living in the Midwest and the agricultural parts of the South and you know the warlords are coming down to enslave you to work the fields and feed them. How do you organize for defense? How do you make up for the fact that nothing seems to work and almost all the guns seem to be convescated by U.N International Peacekeeping Forces (BTW, that can;t do nothing about hte warlords). Imagine, then America as Somalia or any other third world country. What stratagies od you use to fight off the warlords? How do you communicate. A New Dark Age has falledn and you have no clue how long it will be before you have a flushing toilet or when you'll see a gun again.
cut off suplies.Mess up the roads, garrot wire the roads to help futher. A few matches and gas on a ammo depo might end thier supplies of amunition. Then slowly let the fall from within.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Hunter

One way or another, it's going to happen while many currently alive are still alive.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Trapper

Thanked 3,055 Times in 547 Posts

Quote:
Imagine if tommorow an E.M.P blast along with some other high tech weapons basically did in all modern technology. Imagine further that all the guns have been taken by international forces to be held exclusively only by them.
No modern equipment with transistpors works. The only ones that do are held by U.N Security Forces. Allready, warlords are forming and moving towards the heartland of America with the plan to turn the people into serfs.
No cars, radios, e.t.c. Your one of those people living in the Midwest and the agricultural parts of the South and you know the warlords are coming down to enslave you to work the fields and feed them. How do you organize for defense? How do you make up for the fact that nothing seems to work and almost all the guns seem to be convescated by U.N International Peacekeeping Forces (BTW, that can;t do nothing about hte warlords). Imagine, then America as Somalia or any other third world country. What stratagies od you use to fight off the warlords? How do you communicate. A New Dark Age has falledn and you have no clue how long it will be before you have a flushing toilet or when you'll see a gun again.
*yawn*

What are you trolling for?

You need better bait.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wheelgunner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 99,786 Times in 32,485 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

I'd be too busy laughing at the techo junkie dorks getting the shakes because they can't watch TV or play video games. It would take me weeks to recover enough to be useful to the resistance.

Even if they did a major confiscation of firearms, I can't imagine how many millions they'd miss. Simply because they weren't papered to anyone, or they had been hidden at the last minute. Sure, we'd be forced to use guerilla warfare, but we'd still have some teeth. Those teeth would allow us to get a hold of other, more effective, weaponry in time.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Prepared!

Quote:
Imagine further that all the guns have been taken by international forces to be held exclusively only by them..
I think lots of gun owners would say that this would be the end of the train ride. Because I sure wouldn't give up my weapons, especially to some U.N. jokers. So I would be dead.
BUT, since I'm one of those born-again Christian types, I'm pretty cool with what happens after I die.
We win.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jimlas53 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 08:41 PM
ill prepared

Quote:
Ahhh, I remember my first bong hit.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ANTI LIBERAL For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Not what I appear to be

Thanked 3,762 Times in 1,161 Posts

I would have my starship beam me up, then I would hit their HQ with a full spread of Photon torpedoes and fazer fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Warrior For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Trapper

As long as you ground your crap with a faraday cage you will be fine.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Super Saiyan Survivalist

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,490 Posts

All you need is someone with a machine shop or one of your own and guns could be made pretty easily.

Gunpowder is not that hard to make - just takes lots of practice, and a gun is not that complicated to make.

The only way this scenario is "realistic" is if the laws of physic magically change like in the "Dies the Fire" series by Sterling.

To seriously answer your ridiculous question though, life would suck. There was a reason the dark ages were called the dark ages.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,949 Times in 898 Posts

Come to think of it, an EMP event is not likely to be the only event. It would probably be followed by some kind of action. That is, unless it was a single shot from Osama Bin Laden or North Korea.

Otherwise, if it was Russia, say, I would expect bombing or invasion afterward.

Guess I'd better get to work on that bunker.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Prepared Firebird

Thanked 9,880 Times in 2,741 Posts

Imagine that new members could resist the impulse to immediately start posting threads about imagining the imaginary effects of imaginary SHTF "scenarios"........LOL.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyFenix For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Loyalty Lies Deep

Trolling.....

Why is it that some "new" members have to vomit all over themselves with scenarios.

Attention: Noobs!

Veterans will not answer your "what-if" scenarios right off the bat, and will not show you their preps! Post a few times, get a handle of the forums, and then bring it up!

Good?
The Following User Says Thank You to OnTheLookOut For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookOut View Post
Trolling.....

Why is it that some "new" members have to vomit all over themselves with scenarios.

Attention: Noobs!

Veterans will not answer your "what-if" scenarios right off the bat, and will not show you their preps! Post a few times, get a handle of the forums, and then bring it up!

Good?
why keep it a secret ? what preps you got? were do you live? after shtf can i come to your house, lol
Old 11-28-2010, 04:00 AM
Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolder View Post
after shtf can i come to your house, lol
If you've got a death wish...
Old 11-28-2010, 05:12 AM
I love this forum

I'm just stayin' home.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Retired Army

Thanked 4,981 Times in 1,584 Posts

I'll just become a warlord. A ball bat / hammer, and some initiative can secure you a weapon, from there you make it up as you go.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
If you've got a death wish...
ill just take you out at 500 yards with my catapult lol cuz i live in england and dont have a gun, and am not allowed to defend my self, by any means, were just to stand there and let who ever do wateva with are home and family etc, sorry ranting now
Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Dirty or clean.Wet or dry

Thanked 1,871 Times in 858 Posts

Ha ha really, what planet are you living on? Look at the mass genocide that's been going on in Africa. The UN seriously
Attached Thumbnails
welcome.jpg   un-peacekeepers.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,281 Times in 4,416 Posts

"Imagine all the peo-ple..."

Typical newb wetdream, inspired by watching Red Dawn too much. Although I give the OP props that he didn't specify that becoming a raider and stealing, killing, and raping away was your only real option...
The Following User Says Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,386 Times in 412 Posts

Don't feed the Trolls...