Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 11-15-2010, 06:23 AM
One of YHVH's sheep

Thanked 21,714 Times in 8,585 Posts
Default Hal Lindsey, the false rapture, other false prophets

Advertise Here

Let's take a look into why Hal Lindsey is a false prophet, why the Pretribulation rapture, is false and other false prophets.

Hal Lindsey has written many books concerning prophecy.

* The Late, Great Planet Earth
* Satan is Alive and Well On Planet Earth
* The Liberation of Planet Earth
* There's a New World Coming
* The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon
* The Final Battle
* The Terminal Generation
* Planet Earth: The Final Chapter
* Rapture
* ''Planet Earth - 2000 A.D.
* Apocalypse Code''
* Blood Moon
* Vanished into Thin Air: the Hope of Every Believer
* The Everlasting Hatred: The Roots of Jihad
The Late Great Planet Earth was written in the 1970s.

In this book he made many predictions of what was to come concerning the end time. Since then many of his predictions have been shown to be false.

"The book was packed full with Lindsey’s interpretations of scripture, and many of his predictions and explanations seemed plausible. But as global events have worked through history in the past forty years, many of Lindsey’s predictions have fallen and he earned accusations of being a false prophet.

Perhaps the most obvious of these was his prediction that the European Common Market would grow to a league of ten nations, at which time it would represent the revived Roman Empire. This ten-nation economic entity would then be subdued and ruled by a diabolical “future fuehrer” or antichrist. The number ten was based on a scripture from the seventh chapter of Daniel that describes a beast with ten horns. At that point there were only six countries in the Common Market; today it is known as the European Union and has twenty-seven member countries. Clearly, the ten kings of Daniel’s vision who arise from a single kingdom do not match with Lindsey’s interpretation of that chapter."

http://www.ulc.org/training-educatio...16-hal-lindsey

"“And Moses gave the answer -- the true test of a prophet: ‘When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word which the LORD has not spoken’ (Dueteronomy 18:22).”
Hal Lindsey, The Late Great Planet Earth, p. 20

He also admitted that if it turned out he was wrong that he would be a “bum.”
So shall it be!"

http://hallindsey.homestead.com/index.html

What about the Rapture? He is well known for teaching that there will be a pre tribulation rapture.

My Bible says that Jesus will not come till "the last trump"

The best chapter IMO, for debunking the pretrib rapture is

Matthew 24:29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

There are many verses like this one that plainly state that Jesus will come after the tribulation.

Most verses that I have seen that people used to support the rapture, were in the midst of passages that either included phrases like last trump, etc. They ignore that part.

Below is only one example of many that I could give. I took it off of a website that claims to be able to support the rapture with Bible verses.

I will bold the parts in red to show my point.

"There is no debate that 1 Thessalonians 4, and 1 Corinthians 15 teach on the rapture. Both chapters also teach the resurrection and of the trumpet blast. Neither chapter mentions anything about having to endure the tribulation before the rapture comes. There is no debate that Revelation 19 and Zechariah 14 teach on the physical return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power after the tribulation. Neither of those chapters speak of the rapture, nor of a resurrection, nor of a trumpet blast."

1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Cor 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

http://www.bibleprophesy.org/rapture.htm#Rapture
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,181 Times in 3,164 Posts

I have to say the premis for this is BS

I would need time to look at all your claims but we know this.....Hal has never stated he is a prophet from the Lord.[far as i know]

2 no ones perfectand 3 you would have to be God to know if the rapture is false.....It has not happened yet....may not....but your claim goes way way beyond that. What if it does.....whos the false one then?

Just saying.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 300mag For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 07:47 AM
One of YHVH's sheep

Well, If he made prophecies of things to come then he would be a prophet. He made many prophecies that are not in the Bible that did not come true. Wrote many books on these.

One does not have to be God to find many passages in the Bible that debunk the Pretrib rapture theory.

I have given research for my claims. I have read Late Great Planet Earth.

I could say that the Bible says that pigs will fly in 2 years and just because it has not happened yet does not mean that it is a possible prophecy.

Just saying...
Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Hunter

Biblical literalists are very deceived and in turn deceive many

although I find Hal Lindsey fascinating to listen to. You just need to sift what he says. There is some good info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hillsidedigger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Iēsous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorwoman View Post
Well, If he made prophecies of things to come then he would be a prophet. He made many prophecies that are not in the Bible that did not come true. Wrote many books on these.

Not as a Prophet of God and never claiming to be ...what you call prophecies
i call his opinion...And hes got one too.

One does not have to be God to find many passages in the Bible that debunk the Pretrib rapture theory.

God?.....LOLOL i have yet to meet anyone who can debunk it fully....Or
Prove it.....But its not essential so to each their own

I have given research for my claims. I have read Late Great Planet Earth.

I could say that the Bible says that pigs will fly in 2 years and just because it has not happened yet does not mean that it is a possible prophecy.

Just saying...

You can say anything you want....

As i understand Hals claims it was based on His understanding....thats all.

I read his book too, He makes a convincing case and still does for many things. Others....not so, buts Just His take AS i see it, nothing more.
The Following User Says Thank You to 300mag For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorwoman View Post
And got very rich doing it...much like Lahaye and Jenkins, both promoting lies. However, Lindsay has also set dates which FAILED...much like the other nut Harold Camping...yet people still listen!

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Yah's standards are 100%...no wiggle room!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks

Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,939 Posts

Hal Lindsey's program is not so much about biblical prophecy TEACHING, but current events and martyrdom and how it is 'near the end'. Bible prophecy is thrown in, ofcourse..but, it isn't like a 'teaching' program.

I look forward to his program (I've only seen 3 in the last 4 months or so) because it is a good news program from a Bible believers perspective.

Do I agree with him all the time? Nope.
Take his show for what it is, a show about current events with some Bible messages thrown in.

I think it is entirely possible to not agree with his philosophy and still appreciate his show.
An example of this would be Glen Beck. I am no longer a fan, but I know that many people are. He is LDS, which has doctrines just as 'crazy' as the pre-trib rapture theory Hal has.

You can separate the two.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MotherEarth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Iēsous

Quote:
Originally Posted by temu View Post
And got very rich doing it...much like Lahaye and Jenkins, both promoting lies. However, Lindsay has also set dates which FAILED...much like the other nut Harold Camping...yet people still listen!

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Yah's standards are 100%...no wiggle room!
Yes no wiggle room.....now please connect the dots from prophet to Hal

Please show where hal has ever claimed to be one....no wiggle room now...
Old 11-15-2010, 10:17 PM
One of YHVH's sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
Yes no wiggle room.....now please connect the dots from prophet to Hal

Please show where hal has ever claimed to be one....no wiggle room now...

This is the description of his website for one. "A news site dedicated to news analysis of current events from the perspective of
Bible prophecy with Hal Lindsey."

This quote says it better then I can myself.

"You are sure correct in saying that Hal Lindsey is NOT a prophet. But he does claim to be an expert in prophecy. Who could be an expert in prophecy except a prophet. Prophecy is the testimony of The Spirit of Jesus and who knows that except Jesus. A prophet is one who Jesus speaks to about these things. When man tries to understand the things of God without bothering to seek God about them, you get the error of these men. Read Hal Lindsey's book "Late Great Planet earth" today, it is a joke, many of these things did not come true. Lindsey did imply that these things would come true by quoting scripture and allowing others to claim him an expert. Those area all signs of a false prophet. Lou "

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/worl...articleid=3999

Satan and his henchmen don't usually stand up and say, "I am Satan or I am satanic. On the contrary, many times satanic people deny that they are.

Of course Hal Lindsey isn't claiming to be a prophet and neither are many others who claim to be experts in prophecy. They know that people would go through their statements with a fine tooth comb if they did.

No he chooses to stay on the fence on that. It makes it easier for him to wiggle out of his false teachings.

Satanic people and false teachers lie. That is what they do. Hal Lindsey probably knows the Bible better then you and I. This being said, how could he possibly believe in the false pre trib rapture?

He has great intelligence concerning world affairs. He is not a stupid man. He is crafty. He has covered his butt well. That is why so many people still listen to him.

Just because he does not call himself a prophet does not mean that he is not a false prophet. He is just covering his butt.

This does not change the fact that he deceives many by teaching false prophecies in the name of God.

I cannot thing of a better description of a false prophet then someone who does that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Highly individualistic.

Thanked 6,757 Times in 2,669 Posts

Shazam!

Prophesy is not always necessarily telling the events of the future. It is also telling the TRUTH. Someone who defends a pre-tribulation rapture against all odds, is NOT telling the truth.

1 Cor. 14:3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort [...] 14:26 How is it [with you] then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying [...] 14:29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge [...] 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Jon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Thanks

Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,939 Posts

Do you honestly believe people claim this stuff without believing it? I mean, call me naive - but I think very few people spend their whole lives proclaiming something they know to be false.

To me it is just a doctrinal difference, not something that makes me think every word out of their mouth is akin to Satan.

Is holding a pre-trib rapture belief a salvation issue?
Now, I think it will be scary for those who do when SHTF, and I think they will be confused and possibly more at risk for losing faith - but I don't think it is a salvation issue.

This is just my opinion.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MotherEarth For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Geezer In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherEarth View Post
Do you honestly believe people claim this stuff without believing it? I mean, call me naive - but I think very few people spend their whole lives proclaiming something they know to be false.

To me it is just a doctrinal difference, not something that makes me think every word out of their mouth is akin to Satan.

Now, I think it will be scary for those who do when SHTF, and I think they will be confused and possibly more at risk for losing faith - but I don't think it is a salvation issue.

This is just my opinion.
Yes, its a doctrinal issue...
It's just like an old deacon friend of mine used to say:
"You know, as humans, we tend to major on the minor things, and minor on the major things..."

Doctrinal issues are the main reason we have so many denominations... and most of the issues are really minor... relative to THE major issue...

THE major issue is salvation... accepting Christ's totally unselfish sacrifice... Without salvation, all the other is just meaningless...

Karl
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OKGlocker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 05:36 PM
One of YHVH's sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherEarth View Post

This is just my opinion.
The answer to your question is yes. It is also possible that he does not know because he might be under a strong delusion.

2 Thessalonians 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

I cannot tell you if Hal Lindsey believes what he teaches. Only God knows that. I can tell you that the pre- trib Rapture is false so it can only be 2 things. He doesn't believe it and it is a lie or he does believe it and is deceived.

It is way more then a doctrinal error. I have given scriptural proof that the pre Trib Rapture is false. It is not a matter of misinterpretation. There are passages in the Bible that are hard to understand but not all scripture is hard to understand.

When God says he will not return till after the tribulation, what is so haed to understand about that?

For those who are defending the pre tribulation rapture, I say give me proof that it exist. God's chosen will be caught up in heaven but not til after the tribulation.

There are passages that God will protect some during this time but they will not be taken out.

Satan will make war with the Saints. If that is so, how can Satan do that if they are not here.
Revelation 13:7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:47 PM
One of YHVH's sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKGlocker View Post
Yes, its a doctrinal issue...
It's just like an old deacon friend of mine used to say:
"You know, as humans, we tend to major on the minor things, and minor on the major things..."

Doctrinal issues are the main reason we have so many denominations... and most of the issues are really minor... relative to THE major issue...

THE major issue is salvation... accepting Christ's totally unselfish sacrifice... Without salvation, all the other is just meaningless...

Karl
It is true that the major issue is Salvation.

It is also important to not be deceived. The only way to keep from being deceived is to study the Bible like never before.

Satan is after God's people. He does not have to worry about the others because he already has them. He is crafty and deception is his main skill.

False doctrines, (especially the pre trib rapture are dangerous.

If masses amounts of Christians think they are not going to be in the tribulation, and they are, will they still be waiting for Jesus to come when it is time for the mark of the beast? They will think it is not the tribulation yeat so they will take the mark, thinking it isn't the mark because they will no be here during that time.

The rapture makes no sense. Why would Satan need the mark if the Christian's are gone?

Plus why would God warn the Saints about the mark of the beast if it will not concern them.

"8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Revelation 13
4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

:10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Highly individualistic.

Thanked 6,757 Times in 2,669 Posts

Eschatology is only as hard as the mind's reception of the truth beyond the devil's schemes.

A long time ago, I once asked my pastor why Matthew 24 seems to contradict what we believed as Baptists, and his answer did not sit well with me. It still does not to this day. How can anyone believe in a pre-trib rapture when Jesus clearly states otherwise in Matt. 24? It is all laid out chronologically for anyone to read and comprehend what it says:

Matt 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Does he mince words?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Jon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 PM
One of YHVH's sheep

One thing that I keep noticing that will precede Christ's return. That is the sun will darken.

I am not exactly sure why this will happen. It sounds like possible nuclear fallout. What ever it will be, it will probably be a catastrophic event.

Acts 2:18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

Blood, fire, vapour of smoke and the sun turning to darkness? Also God's people will prophesy. "In those days" When are "those days"? In context, Jeuse explains when "those days" are. The only time the Bible speaks of the sun being darkened is during Tribulation and it even pin points the time during tribulation when this will happen.

Revelation6:12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 06:55 PM
One of YHVH's sheep

A lot of people believe the Rapture will be a secret one.

Matthew 24:29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Also what trumpet is he referring to?

I Corinthians 15:52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:52 AM
Iēsous

Quote:
You are sure correct in saying that Hal Lindsey is NOT a prophet. But he does claim to be an expert in prophecy. Who could be an expert in prophecy except a prophet.
I just dont see it the way you do....His claim to be an expert.....dunno bout that one
Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
One of YHVH's sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
I just dont see it the way you do....His claim to be an expert.....dunno bout that one
He wrote multiple books on prophecy.

* The Late, Great Planet Earth
* Satan is Alive and Well On Planet Earth
* The Liberation of Planet Earth
* There's a New World Coming
* The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon
* The Final Battle
* The Terminal Generation
* Planet Earth: The Final Chapter
* Rapture
* ''Planet Earth - 2000 A.D.
* Apocalypse Code''
* Blood Moon
* Vanished into Thin Air: the Hope of Every Believer
* The Everlasting Hatred: The Roots of Jihad

He owns a website described as "A news site dedicated to news analysis of current events from the perspective of Bible prophecy with Hal Lindsey."

He sounds like an expert to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vectorwoman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Thanked 21,613 Times in 8,627 Posts

I actually have Hal Lindsey to thank for my current spiritual beliefs! After reading a couple of his books I studied with the Kingdom Hall and even had a private tutor trying to learn more about the Bible. Hal was so fascinating that I was totaly absorbed in what he was saying. But after a while a lot of things just didn't make sense and I started seeing a lot of hypocracy in the members of the church. And when the church caused a division in my family, I decided to search for a different path to take! My new path led to contentment! Hal has a way of sucking you in with his eloquent writing but you can only find the right path for yourself. While I'm sure many folks have found solace in his writing but I now look at his writing with great disappointment when I think of how many folks were led down the wrong path by him.