Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Polls and Surveys
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
View Poll Results: Should "under God" be kept in the pledge?
Yes, keep it 601 76.27%
No, take it out 155 19.67%
Undecided, indifferent, or don't want to say 32 4.06%
Voters: 788. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Living To Ride

Thanked 1,779 Times in 872 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Fox150 View Post
That'll teach all about rights and freedom
Absolutely right!! Teach that freedom, liberty and rights are not free. That freedom and rights have duties and obligations attached to them. That this is not a nation of entitlements and free rides. Lay the foundation for teaching honor and integrity.

Those that can not accept their duties and obligations as citizens of the Greatest Nation on Earth can get the hell out.

Hope the door hits em on their rear and knocks them to the ground on the way out.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,320 Times in 2,925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
Absolutely right!! Teach that freedom, liberty and rights are not free. That freedom and rights have duties and obligations attached to them. That this is not a nation of entitlements and free rides. Lay the foundation for teaching honor and integrity.

Those that can not accept their duties and obligations as citizens of the Greatest Nation on Earth can get the hell out.

Hope the door hits em on their rear and knocks them to the ground on the way out.
Well you can have your version and I'll stick with the 1st Amendment.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Chaos Inc.

Thanked 23,382 Times in 6,637 Posts

I am not a Christian and do find the inflexibility and lack of respect for any possibility of there being any other possibility than the Christian God and Jesus disgusting.

Religious nutjobs burned people at the stake in Salem.

I pledge no allegiance to their God, but I will pledge to the flag and nation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 6,839 Times in 3,529 Posts

It should say "In "GOD" we trust"
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,907 Times in 3,648 Posts

It just makes sense in a country where most people profess to be religious.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Living To Ride

Quote:
Well you can have your version and I'll stick with the 1st Amendment.
Complete straw man argument totally irrelevant. Nothing I said violates the First Amendment. So I do not understand what your point is if any.
Are you suggesting that children should dictate what they will be taught?
That children should do as they please in school.
Do you know what the First Amendment says? Because your reference of it makes not sense.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Living To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Shane View Post
I pledge no allegiance to their God, but I will pledge to the flag and nation.
To be clear the Pledge Of Allegiance is

Quote:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.
There is no pledge of allegiance to anyone's God. It simply acknowledges the fact that
We are one nation
A nation under God
An undivided nation
A nation that offers liberty and justice for all
Old 07-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,868 Times in 636 Posts

I find talk of changing the pledge and even the National Anthem beyond sad. These traditions bind us together as a common people in America. It baffles me that all of a sudden the pledge, God on our currency, and Christmas trees in schools are controversial. Hell, even flying the American flag has become a huge issue in some communities. These basic and common things have helped hold us together as a people for decade after decade. No wonder we are falling apart as a Nation.....heck, we are falling apart as a people. We can't even agree on being American any more. Going around the world apologizing for all the evil we have done, and now even ashamed of our pledge of allegiance. I am not sure how long a nation like this should stand to tell you the truth.....sad.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spartan300 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Complete straw man argument totally irrelevant. Nothing I said violates the First Amendment. So I do not understand what your point is if any.
Are you suggesting that children should dictate what they will be taught?
That children should do as they please in school.
Do you know what the First Amendment says? Because your reference of it makes not sense.
Forcing children to recite the pledge under threat of expulsion violates their right to free speech. And probably worse than that it seems an awful lot like something Comunists would do.

Children should not dictate what they learn, nor should they do as they please but this is not Mother Russia Comrade.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:01 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 6,839 Times in 3,529 Posts

Atheist/agnostic is the fastest growing religious minority in the country. It's just a matter of time when all old religious conservative people die and the mostly liberal younger generations start making the decisions at a governmental level.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Thanked 10,317 Times in 4,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post
Atheist/agnostic is the fastest growing religious minority in the country. It's just a matter of time when all old religious conservative people die and the mostly liberal younger generations start making the decisions at a governmental level.
hell we see what the young liberal generation is doing to us the the White House!!! It seems to me the youyng liberals are selling us down the river. If you do0n't like under God then don't say it pretty darn simple huh
The Following User Says Thank You to 556X45 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556X45 View Post
hell we see what the young liberal generation is doing to us the the White House!!! It seems to me the youyng liberals are selling us down the river. If you do0n't like under God then don't say it pretty darn simple huh
It really is that simple. Why people on both sides can't figure it out is beyond me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13Fox150 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Thanked 10,317 Times in 4,418 Posts

Quote:
It really is that simple. Why people on both sides can't figure it out is beyond me.
I think its because of this:"I'm right you are wrong". "Back in the the day" we said the pledge and stood facing the flag even had a prayer in school if a PARENT didn't want their child to do it that was fine. Didn't need to. The teacher would explain to the class why Johnny wasn't say it. We learned about 1st admentmant that way. Worked out pretty good I think. Sorry for the long reply.wish I would have learn to spell better
The Following User Says Thank You to 556X45 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM

I'm atheist, but I support keeping it.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Living To Ride

Quote:
Forcing children to recite the pledge under threat of expulsion violates their right to free speech. And probably worse than that it seems an awful lot like something Comunists would do.

Children should not dictate what they learn, nor should they do as they please but this is not Mother Russia Comrade.
A) Children DO NOT have first amendment rights. They are children
B) I'd take it one step farther ANYONE who does not, can not Pledge Allegiance to this country in English can get the F out. So sick of all the entitlement parasites whose entire being is based upon their own selfish self centered self interests that think citizenship is all about them and what they can take. With no concept of LOYALTY, HONOR, DUTY, OBLIGATION, SERVICE and SELF SACRIFICE. Being a free country does not mean a free ride. Freedom has a price pay up or get out.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Living To Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan300 View Post
I find talk of changing the pledge and even the National Anthem beyond sad. These traditions bind us together as a common people in America. It baffles me that all of a sudden the pledge, God on our currency, and Christmas trees in schools are controversial. Hell, even flying the American flag has become a huge issue in some communities. These basic and common things have helped hold us together as a people for decade after decade. No wonder we are falling apart as a Nation.....heck, we are falling apart as a people. We can't even agree on being American any more. Going around the world apologizing for all the evil we have done, and now even ashamed of our pledge of allegiance. I am not sure how long a nation like this should stand to tell you the truth.....sad.
Thank you well said.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 3,265 Times in 1,634 Posts

I say let's keep it as it was originally written, for those of you who don't know how it was originally it did not have "under God"

http://www.religioustolerance.org/nat_pled1.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to KCChimneyman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Survivor

Quote:
A) Children DO NOT have first amendment rights. They are children
B) I'd take it one step farther ANYONE who does not, can not Pledge Allegiance to this country in English can get the F out. So sick of all the entitlement parasites whose entire being is based upon their own selfish self centered self interests that think citizenship is all about them and what they can take. With no concept of LOYALTY, HONOR, DUTY, OBLIGATION, SERVICE and SELF SACRIFICE. Being a free country does not mean a free ride. Freedom has a price pay up or get out.
Children have no 1st Ammendment rights? Really? Then I can assume you would have no problem with school kids being denied the right to say a prayer to themselves before a meal? Or wear a religious symbol? I mean, no rights so......

I don't like parasites either but saying "under God" has no bearing on the entitlement complex that we have in the U.S. I get the impression that you think I'm some entitled liberal that expects everything and contributes nothing but I assure you that is not the case. But I'll be damned if anyone forces my children to make any reference to a religion that they may not follow, nor would I expect anyone else's children to be denied that right. You seem to care an awful lot about the rights of those that you agree with, I support the rights of everyone, even yours.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Drifter

Thanked 5,397 Times in 2,065 Posts

As others have said, the pledge of allegiance should be brought back to way it originally was when it was first conceived.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el drewto For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Leninist

I say take it out. I have always supported the sovereignty of the nation, under no tyrannical kings or gods.
The Following User Says Thank You to Republikflucht For This Useful Post: