Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Cabin Builder

Thanked 2,778 Times in 684 Posts
Default Survival Test - Choices

Advertise Here

Each of us will have paramount choices to make in the days ahead. You might want to make many of these decisions beforehand. Having to make important decisions on the spur of the moment may lead to bad or regretful decisions.

Following are some of the choices you may have to make. Pick your choice and give your reason(s) and discuss.

Scenario I - You have plenty of food and supplies at your home. Strangers, friends or family come knocking after TSHHTF. What do you do?

a) give them food for a meal or for a day or for a few days. ... and then send them on their way?
b) lie, and say sorry, we have only enough for ourselves.
c) lie and say, sorry, we don't have any food, we're starving ourselves.
d) tell them sorry, "lack of preparation on your part doesn't constitute
an emergency on my part"
e) You do the Christian thing and try to feed all the people you can,
family and strangers, whomever comes to your door.
f) some other answer

Scenario II - a guy breaks into your home late at night or early morning.

a) depending on what state you live in, make a decision based on that
b) yell "who is it? I have a gn, leave my house"
c) go into a karate stance and flash a light on him
d) you're a pacifist, say "take anything you want, but don't hurt me"
e) shoot to maim, then doctor his wounds and take him to the hospital
f) dial 911 and hide in a locked room or closet and wait for the LAW
g) shoot to make sure he's done and out, ask questions later
h) try to talk to him and calm him down, reason with him
i) other answers

Scenario III - Crime IS WAY UP... you HAD to go into town to barter something for some TP or Water or fuel. You will do the following before going into town.

a) You arm yourself with a pistol or two, but keep them hidden
b) You take two of your favorite knives, both hidden, a fighter knife
and a survival knife
c) You put your class II, or IIA or III or IIIA armor vest on
d) You carry openly a MBR loaded for bear
e) You carry no weapon, thinking you can take care of yourself hand to
hand, or at least be able to talk your way out of trouble or give over
your bartering items if you have to. (like a bottle of liquor, cigs,
ammo)
f) You carry your favorite 12 ga with you, openly or hidden
g) combinations of any of the above
h) other answers

Scenario IV - Your are driving on the road and an unmarked vehicle tailgates you and then pulls along side of you, motioning for you to pull over, or points to your rear tire, or bumps you from behind, or pulls ahead of you and then suddenly slows down.
What do you do?
The Following User Says Thank You to albertjohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Never Give up

Thanked 12,155 Times in 3,930 Posts

1. Marie antoinette said it best==
LET THEM EAT THERE BIG SCREEN TV. Ohh she didnt say that but when they were informed and laughted at the thought of no food at the stores. So now when its gone they can eat what they boght with there money. Not mine.
2. Guy brakes into my home I think my dogs would not let me get a chance to hurt him. Its there job to take care of troubled people and mine to clean it up. Becasue they are messy eaters.
3.I things are bad in town I stay home. Im good for 4 or 5 years and work from home. If there was a medical emergency then I would have to go in packing for Preditors.
4.Run him over. My truck is huge and my brush gaurd and huge bumpers are a real killer to veicles. So no car 3000 or 5000 lbs car would stand a chance.
5. And most important. I dont worry about most stuff becasue I dont have to leave. nearest neibor 3 miles closest town almost 25 miles,work from home. If things got real bad to bad for people in the city.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Experiment 626

Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,083 Posts

1. If it is my kids and their family, they are welcome. I know they will be bringing as much as they can and be willing to do as much work as necessary. Anyone else that shows up can leave or be shown the bad end of a 12 gauge.

2. If the dogs don't kill them, I will.

3. I would try to avoid leaving at all costs. If some freakish accident required me to leave, I would probably vest up and carry a 12 gauge.

4. I would probably draw my weapon, roll down my window for a clear shot, then wait to see what they do next.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Hiker

I wonder if many people think about the reality of turning away starving children who are in tears from hunger and scared. Especially when they have children themselves. Imagine how you would want someone to treat your children if you weren't around to protect them anymore.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Out Nation View Post
I wonder if many people think about the reality of turning away starving children who are in tears from hunger and scared. Especially when they have children themselves. Imagine how you would want someone to treat your children if you weren't around to protect them anymore.
I agree.

If people are willing to turn away innocents when they have nowhere else to turn (and when you actually have the ability to help), then civilization is already over. It's just a matter of turning out the lights.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pragmatist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Hate to say it...and not being a smarta**....but I don't know what I would do in any of those scenarios. It's my belief that I will cross that bridge when I come to it. My adrenaline is not pumping, my heart is not racing, and my mind is clear sitting here in front of this computer responding. It all changes when it changes.
The Following User Says Thank You to twortle For This Useful Post: