Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Emperor In Exile

Thanked 14,778 Times in 6,714 Posts

Advertise Here

You will be luckey to get a 200 yard shot around here unless you are hunting on some ranchers land.... So .223 is well within range... Larger calibers are good for knockdown power, but Marksmanship is what counts... If you can not take a deer with a .223 then even if you only use a .308 get to the range and put some practice in as your shooting skills are lacking seriously.
The Following User Says Thank You to robkenpo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Minarchist (Jeffersonian)

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,237 Posts

MBR, and anything 5.56 is not a MBR.
Go with the .308.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,103 Times in 442 Posts

You know what, all firearms suck. Be it .308, .223, .22lr, .50bmg. You wanna know why? Good, I'll tell you why. It's the person that is operating the equipment that is gonna make a difference. I could give a retard a .308 and a million rounds, eventually he'll hit his target. Then I could give a guy who is competent a .223 and 1 round and see him end the retards shooting spree. And vice versa.

All this ak vs, ar 30 cal vs .22 vs. .50bmg is just a bunch of bull caca.

Before any of you on here that like to spout off this is better than that crap take to the field in a shtf situation, I'd suggest you go and honestly evalute your skills in handling your tacticool weapon system. I bet you find some very interesting things out with it, if your honest. Some your gonna like, and some your gonna hate. Guess what my lil mental midgets? There is not one weapon system that is PERFECT GASP!!

Your almighty .308 and your grandeiose (spl?) .223 both have short comings!! Give me any caliber, weapons platform, and what not, and I bet I can find alot of things wrong with it. I can also find alot of things right with it also.

Unless you wanna die, don't underestimate ANY type of firearm and caliber. They all can kill your butts graveyard dead!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the gambler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2010, 05:26 PM
Don't eat bowls of stupid

Thanked 4,684 Times in 2,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gambler View Post
You know what, all firearms suck. Be it .308, .223, .22lr, .50bmg. You wanna know why? Good, I'll tell you why. It's the person that is operating the equipment that is gonna make a difference. I could give a retard a .308 and a million rounds, eventually he'll hit his target. Then I could give a guy who is competent a .223 and 1 round and see him end the retards shooting spree. And vice versa.

All this ak vs, ar 30 cal vs .22 vs. .50bmg is just a bunch of bull caca.

Before any of you on here that like to spout off this is better than that crap take to the field in a shtf situation, I'd suggest you go and honestly evalute your skills in handling your tacticool weapon system. I bet you find some very interesting things out with it, if your honest. Some your gonna like, and some your gonna hate. Guess what my lil mental midgets? There is not one weapon system that is PERFECT GASP!!

Your almighty .308 and your grandeiose (spl?) .223 both have short comings!! Give me any caliber, weapons platform, and what not, and I bet I can find alot of things wrong with it. I can also find alot of things right with it also.

Unless you wanna die, don't underestimate ANY type of firearm and caliber. They all can kill your butts graveyard dead!!!

Thank you for this outstanding reply. This reply should be the one to end this thread as well as shutting up the asshats.

There are pros and cons to ANY type of firearm or for that matter, ANY type of weapon. To reiterate once again... personal preference and go with what you know. As you stated, the person manipulating the weapon is what makes it either "effective" or as worthless as "pig pi$$ on a popsicle", be it the AR, AK, FAL, M1A, etc etc, home made recurve bow, or hell, even a slingshot!

Well put!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkenpo View Post
You will be luckey to get a 200 yard shot around here unless you are hunting on some ranchers land.... So .223 is well within range... Larger calibers are good for knockdown power, but Marksmanship is what counts... If you can not take a deer with a .223 then even if you only use a .308 get to the range and put some practice in as your shooting skills are lacking seriously.

BRAVO! One in the bank for ya brother!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR750 View Post
My service Rifle was an M16-A1 I also got train with the M21 Sniper weapon system.
My choice would be the M16-A1.
XR750

Personal preference and go with what you know.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h00t74 View Post
I have my M4 for the urban area I live in, if/when I bug out and head to the desert and more open area, I will then primarily use the M1 Garand. Vegas already seems like a warzone with all the home robberies lately.
What a hell of an awesome rifle! How long have you had yours and if I may ask, how much did you give for it?
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson1986 View Post
And I shot one once.

Then I shot it again.....and liked it!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Prepared

Aww look tiny tim came out of the closet and made multiple posts in a row

Wow weee tiny tim your big boy

Opps I had to edit this it seems that tiny tim is really bang out the posts to prove to himself that he's a big boy
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Prepared

Default To Tiny Tim

Hey Tiny Tim,

When I made my 1st post on this thread, you read my post count and compaired it to yours and desided to attack.

A Classic mistake you make, in under underestimating a foe.

Not only did I make you break your own survival doctrine, but I made you break almost every rule set by Sun Tzu. If this thread were in real life, durring a war, SHTF or TEOTWAWKI it would have been an epic failure on your part. Your rage and foul language is proof.

By useing the teachings of Sun Tzu, I used your ego and your sence of superiority against you. Again your rage against and foul language is proof of this.

Let this be a lesson to you and all that read this, your ego, emotions and attitude have no place in war, or Survival. They can and will be used against you by stronger/weaker adversaries. It is knowlage and level thinking that prevails in any situation

I make this suggestion to you:

Read up on Sun Tzu, and when your done with that, read up on Napoleon, and some TJ Jackson and NB Forrest wouldnt hurt either. But start with Sun Tzu for now.

You should also try very hard to control your temper and your emotions, you may need some anger management for that. But it will be to your bennifit in the long run as you will be a better survivalist, if you can contol yourself.

Your ego made you attack a person just walking threw, your attitude made you my personal target, your emotions clouded your judgment, and your rage help me to make you a fool.

So endeth the lesson.......
Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Stay Ready very Ready

FloridaState,

Just a hint I used when I took my wife to a the gun store to pick her pistol. Pick the one you feel most comfortable with and shoots more natural. Most of the people she had talked with said the Glock was the best pistol for her. I'm a Springfield for my main pistol and then have a few Hi-Point for plinking around. So she was leaning towards the GLock when the salesman showed both guns to her. We took them into the range and first shot with the Springfield was a headshot. Out of the magazine she only missed once hitting the target. She shot the Glock and it went everywhere on her.

If you shoot the M4 and it feels natural and you can hit will with it then go that route but if you do better with the 308 then grab it and do not look back. I went 5.56 and have got myself a few times thinking about 308 but I do not want to have to switch in midstream. I shot expert in the Corp with the 5.56 and I prefer the familiarity.

Now that I rambled a but I again say get what you feel comfortable with and enjoy it.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
المتخلفين قوات

Thanked 8,196 Times in 3,007 Posts

OMG, just when I thought we didn't have to worry about any more FSU threads!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heckler&Coke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,106 Times in 1,803 Posts

We really need a way to vote threads off the island
Old 12-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Sell crazy someplace else

Thanked 1,549 Times in 839 Posts

Florida is a real man's man. He needs to carry a Barrett .50 cal. Everything else is for kittens.

P.S. God, please don't kill a kitten, there are too many mice around. Thank you.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Time to hit reset

Thanked 26,854 Times in 11,089 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heckler&Coke View Post
OMG, just when I thought we didn't have to worry about any more FSU threads!!!!

Wow..........zombie thread resurrection indeed.....

Time to deal with it......

Click image for larger version

Name:	632EFDD34F.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	59331

There.......that should do it.

LIST OF IMPORTANT THREADS FOR FORUM MEMBERS

KEEP THE FORUM GOING STRONG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OLDWarrior64 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread