Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > New Member Introduction > Events, Connections and Get togethers
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Double tap

Advertise Here

Livingston County Pinckney/Hamburg area chiming in...
Old 12-29-2011, 05:36 PM

Grand Haven. Well, for the next six months at least...
Old 01-03-2012, 03:17 AM

Just west of Detroit here.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Master of Sparks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRab View Post
West Michigan, here. Holland area to be precise. Anyone recommend a good woods/camping area where I can practice firebuilding and other outdoors-y skills? I'm an apartment dweller and can't do anything here.
There is a nice section of the Manistee Natl Forest about 6 miles NE of Montegue/Whitehall which should be less than 60 mi. from Holland. Also for a more developed campsite area check out the Yankee Springs State Rec.area on the north side of Gun Lake in Barry County, It's a little closer but also more used.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:32 AM

Grand rapids Michigan. New to this site. Seeking possible people in our local. I have been prepping for a shorter time then I should have been. However my thought is now on networking in the even that our worst fears come to fruition.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:59 PM

At the cross of 94 and I-69 here
Old 02-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Hiker

In the shadows of Beaumont tower here.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:49 PM

hello hello I am here in Bay City and this is my first post.

I would like to join the group as I've had some dreams a few years ago about being in a building and someone saying the war has started. In another part of the dream I remember a big missile starting to come up. In another dream I was sitting by some guy and he turned out to be an Iranian and I think I was saying things about them so he wasn't happy with me. Then in another dream I was hiding from a soldier with a long coat on with a red star on it (or the star was on the hat). I looked that up and Russia, North Korea and China have red stars. I've had more dreams but that's enough for now to let you know I'm freaked out about what's going on in the world and want to learn things and want to get into a group.

I would like to learn how to do canning to start with. So does anybody know of any place that teaches this? I watched on the internet videos but I would like to be by someone that knows what they are doing to make sure the jars are sealed right.

I am concerned about Michigan perhaps flooding so would like to know if there is some small plot of land at a higher elevation I could maybe get. I saw a guy on youtube building a geodesic dome. I would like one of those and learn how to grow plants in it. Everything I try to grow gets diseased so I'm doing something wrong. They start out kind of nice with that miracle grow though. I guess my cooking is so bad even the plants won't eat it. So maybe someone in your group teaches how to grow things.

But anyway, I could get a few 2X4's at a time and cut them and start storing them in the shed and have them ready for summer to put together maybe. They just have so many different things on the internet I don't know what plan to get or if I'd even understand it once I got it. Then I'd have to get you all drunk and tell you that you're amish and god wants you to put up my funny shaped transparent barn on a hill for enlightenment. And as your semi prophet I'd be entitled to free buggy rides and cheese snacks.
Well I blabbed enough for awhile.

Maybe we won't have to worry about the shtf cause there might not be any electricity to run it. Just make sure you keep the off the grid solar battery fix it guy away from it until you bleach the hell out of it.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 PM

Fenton area here. Hello all.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Good Guy

JUST north of detroit here
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Trapper

I used to live in Bay City for 15 years. I wish I could get back there. I miss my home town. I`m stuck out here in So Cal.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 AM

hello Fenton Detroit and ex Bay City

I thought I was never going to find my post again. This site has so much on it I don't know where to start. It's pretty overwhelming. And with only 1 post so far you get all those you do not have permission to .... messages. So I guess we just sit here until the group finds us. I could sit on the curb on a box that says Free Dehydrator and they might stop and pick me up.

And how did you get stuck in so cal? Are you getting any radiation from the Japan nuclear disaster? If you ever get back to Bay City I can assure you we will still have the Seagull poo on the river walk waiting for your return. Okay I'm guilty. My late husband and I enjoyed feeding them. If he didn't like someone he'd throw popcorn in their direction and have the seagulls greet them. He was from Detroit and had a tshirt with a gun and bullet hole picture that said Welcome to Detroit Sorry we missed you. I know I've seen Fenton before but don't remember where. Well I will look it up on the map as my first forum project. It won't be anywhere near as difficult finding
my post. But I'm prepared now. I wrote down the path and bookmarked it.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM

Jackson here.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Certified old fart

Adrian here.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Berrien county
Old 02-17-2012, 02:28 AM

Well pop45 certified old fart, how old do you have to be to be certified? I think I have a good chance of obtaining certification myself.

Oh great my computer wants to restart because of one of those automatic updates. Gotta go.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:35 PM

Well does anyone know where to get some non electric drills like the eggbeater kind and the big one( I think they call it a brace). I need to find someplace that takes paypal because I'm paying down my credit cards and getting rid of them. Am I asking questions in the wrong thread? I really don't know where I'm supposed to go around here. Maybe I'm already marked for the Obama death panels. Hey I attempted to cook some beans from scratch today without using a microwave. They don't taste the best but I'm still alive to post about it.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Firefighter Hazmat ops

Mancelona here
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 PM

New to the site...from Warren.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:21 PM

Check the local "antique" stores or yard sales. Here in Lansing you can (at the Mega Maul) get a brace & bit for about $8 "old" manual egg beaters and all sorts of stuff, lamps etc for less than what you would pay for "new"