Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,625 Times in 786 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member Outstanding Post Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 3
Default Uncle Sugar Buying More Huge Amounts of Can Butter

Advertise Here

Reference to Maurepas thread on Uncle Sugar buying large amounts of survival type food in the link below:

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...al+Food&page=7

Well, Uncle Sugar just bought another massive amount of can butter from New Zealand.

This from another board.

" You are receiving this email from MREdepot.com because you purchased a product/service through eBay (userID; scyros35) or through our website or subscribed on our website. To ensure that you continue to receive emails from us, add [email protected] to your address book today.

Red Feather Canned Butter is Back in Stock for a short time

*** Important Update on Red Feather Canned Butter ***

I just wanted to let everyone know that we received a container of the Butter into the port on Friday (May 2nd). Please accept my apologies for being out of stock for the last 3 to 4 weeks. You will see that we have it again listed on our website and on eBay while supplies last.

Unfortunately several factors contributed to the lack of inventory, increased demand being one of the major issues, but the lack of dairy products worldwide and the ongoning drought in New Zealand also played a roll. We also had a container purchased by the Federal Government, and at the same time, the factory in New Zealand was having some production issues while they upgraded their equipment in order to handle future increases in demand.

I have heard some wild rumors out there about the butter, and just wanted to set the record straight. The purchase by Uncle Sam was unusual, but not unprecedented. During the recovery efforts for Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, as well as the Tsunami in Indonesia, they have often cleaned us out of MRE's under the Bulk Order Agreement that we have on file with them as a Level II provider of emergency rations, however this was the first time they were interested in the butter.

Unfortunately, because this shortage of butter affected many of our distributors, dealers and online retailers, we had to give them access to the lions share of this container. But, we think we held on to enough to hold us for a week or two depending on demand. Then we will likely be out of stock again for a short while until the next container arrives towards the end of the month.

Although we are not planning on doing any kind of rationing of the butter, we do ask that you not purchase an excess amount if you do not need it, as we do think that in June or July we should have plenty of inventory so you can stock up and I would like to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to pick up as much as they need while we have it.
Canned Pure Creamery Butter from New Zealand

Red Feather Canned Butter from New Zealand
Full Case of 24 cans, 12 oz per can
Also Available in 1, 6 and 12-can packs
Your Cost; $93.46 per Case*
*With 15% Discount Coupon Below, Limited Time Offer
Regularly $109.95

Thank you again for allowing us to intrude into your inbox! We always promise to keep it to important news or new production announcements.
Be sure to keep an eye out for our new canned meats coming over the next several weeks;

- Canned Bacon
- Canned Ground Beef
- Canned Pork Sausage
- Canned Hot Dogs

Sincerely,
Steven Cyros
http://www.mredepot.com/
eBay Seller ID; scyros35
eBay Store; http://stores.eBay.com/MREdepot

All items are brand new, carefully double boxed with lots of packing material and are shipped with no markings on any kind of the packaging to indicate the contents in order to insure safe arrival at your location. As always, we ship most items same day or next business day. "

Did anyone notice the following phase in the availability notice posted above?

" Unfortunately, because this shortage of butter affected many of our distributors, dealers and online retailers, we had to give them access to the lions share of this container. But, we think we held on to enough to hold us for a week or two depending on demand. Then we will likely be out of stock again for a short while until the next container arrives towards the end of the month. "

So Uncle Sugar bought another massive amount of this can butter on top of the previous entire Container he purchased.

Pay attention, FEMA does NOT no has it EVER handed out cans of butter mto disaster survivors. Nor does Uncle ship it to frontline troops in war zones like it does MREs.

So, guess what all this can butter is for ????????

How much butter has Uncle been buying?

Well depending upon whether he is buying 20' or 40' containers it would range from approximately 2,600 - 3,200 CASES ( 24 cans per case ) on the first order alone and the " Lions share " of another container.

WOW ! That's 62,400 to 76,800 or more cans in just the first buy !!!!!

What purpose would all these cans of butter be stored for?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 411man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2008, 10:37 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,641 Times in 765 Posts

No guesses here. Well I guess I should try canning some butter. Hey 411 do you know if it a better deal to buy from his ebay store or regular store?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Hiker

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411man View Post
What purpose would all these cans of butter be stored for?
Butter cookies...ummm I love me some butter cookies.

But seriously i love butter cookies.

Maybe GW and Cheney like them as well.

5.7mm
The Following User Says Thank You to 5.7mm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Survivor

Awards Showcase

Compare internet grocer's prices and shipping with MRE Depot's.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:34 PM
just waitin' for it

Stocking their bunkers maybe!
The Following User Says Thank You to 421slicer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2008, 01:42 AM

421slicer you may be right. As i have posted before(may not have been on this site) other countries have just completed bunkers and stocking them, the u.s. is the only country i have not heard anything about. That bunker in Virginia under the greenbriar hotel (names could be wrong) has been closed to the public for awhile now. you could be right.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7mm View Post
Butter cookies...ummm I love me some butter cookies.

But seriously i love butter cookies.

Maybe GW and Cheney like them as well.

5.7mm
ROFLMFAO! Yes, and sir- right now I'm giving away FREE VACATIONS to Hawaii, the Caribbean or Italy! LOL!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Survivor

Awards Showcase

Everyone should remember that their favorite Uncle is only moved to action when he has reached the point where he is Compelled to by an overwhelming motivating force or threat viewed with a VERY Near Term likelihood of coming to fruition.

Translated this means whatever Uncle is preparing for it is BIG, it is coming SOON !

It also goes without QUESTION that when Uncle is willing to Commit LOTS of Money to prepare it is something Very Important to him.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,632 Posts

... Either that or they had some surplus funding laying around that had to be used this quarter... Same reason my hubby gets to get lots of nifty tech toys... Not cuz there's some tech emergency, (who *needs* huge flat screen monitors?) but cuz they have to spend X-dollars or they get funding cut next time around. That's government for ya. Government spending is screwed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411man View Post
Everyone should remember that their favorite Uncle is only moved to action when he has reached the point where he is Compelled to by an overwhelming motivating force or threat viewed with a VERY Near Term likelihood of coming to fruition.

Translated this means whatever Uncle is preparing for it is BIG, it is coming SOON !

It also goes without QUESTION that when Uncle is willing to Commit LOTS of Money to prepare it is something Very Important to him.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,519 Times in 741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
No guesses here. Well I guess I should try canning some butter. Hey 411 do you know if it a better deal to buy from his ebay store or regular store?
Our family bought some on E-bay for a fair price. We're happy with it. I'm sure the seller got it when it was very cheap, but it came in cardboard cases (butter and cheese on that auction) and I could tell it was not abused or damaged. Price was right.. give it a try.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,148 Times in 1,181 Posts

Hmmm...buying large amounts of non-spoilable,long term storable fat source....Wonder how much this stuff would have fetched on the streets of Leningrad,when it was under Nazi seige?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 PM

I wonder how it tastes in baked goods....
Old 05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,591 Times in 857 Posts

I recently bought some Red Feather Canned Butter from MREdepot.com. I got an email that said they had gotten a shipment in so I decided to buy some. I only bought twelve cans because it is so expensive, and the price has gone up. It came by UPS on Friday. However, I never took the time to read the entire email. After looking back, I see that it does say that the Federal Government did make a purchase. What are they preparing for? Who knows...
Old 05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,339 Times in 618 Posts

thanks 411 man. The upside is we'll have canned bacon,sausage and ground beef