Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 02-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Trapper

Advertise Here

I served and I will wear them, but not rank or unit patches.

Recon3
Old 08-31-2012, 03:23 AM
Tilt. Cock. Lock. Look.

Thanked 1,916 Times in 834 Posts

I spent a bit of time in the military [infantry] and I have no problem as long as we're not talking about persons getting about in full military uniforms with badges, insignia and patches.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:47 AM
Scout

Thanked 1,189 Times in 627 Posts

I wear the camo paints all the time as I have several pairs. They have large pockets good for carring EDC things and they fit good, actually I have a pair on as we speek and Idont see a problem with it. I have never served and dont try to act as if if did, I do not ware any of the tops of any kind. I do believe that any person who wears any form of BDU who is not or has not served and tries to gain from it should be took out and have the hell beat out of him. Just my 2 cents....
Old 08-31-2012, 05:12 AM

Why would it be an issue?

As long as they are not pretending to be "insert what ever here" I have no issue with it.

How ever I would sorta question the logic or purpose behind some one walking around in full military dress.

Military style pants+ what ever= Why not? Good pants.

What ever + Military jacket/Blouse= Why not? Useful pockets and clothing.

What ever + Military cover= Why not? It's a hat.

Military Trousers + Military Blouse + Military Cover= Why on earth are you walking around in full military drab?? Looks kinda silly to me. Unless you have a reason for it, as in paintball, airsoft..or maybe you're playing hardcore hide and seek.

The military clothing really doesn't start looking off to me unless it's a person wearing a complete set. Then I normally feel inclined to take a second glance and wonder..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricochet808 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 05:17 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,067 Times in 540 Posts

I don't mind. I gave my ol'Navy peacoat to a kid freezing on the street. It didn't fit me anymore and the kiddo was homeless.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gristle62 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,060 Times in 762 Posts

it makes no difference to me as long as rank and nametags are removed. I have given away more sets of faded BDU's than I can remember, Couldnt use them in garrison as the command liked to call them cook whites, Pulled the name and rank and gave them away, All my ACU's are still hanging up though, multicam is only issued to our guys for deployment and then returned as they pcs. The ACU and beret is our duty uniform.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 AM
Tin Can Sailor

Thanked 2,544 Times in 957 Posts

I don't care, unless they are also wearing the rank and branch tapes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doh Myn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 2,744 Times in 742 Posts

All this high tech camo uniform talk, BDU this, ACU that, camo designs etc etc. make me feel really really old. like stone age or at least civil war.

back in the "old days" in the USAF, we had 3 uniforms
1. Class A dress blues
2. A Khaki colored uniform, short sleeves. no tie, cant remember what it was called
3. for everyday or field work, we had what was then called fatigues. just plain old green
Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Bad Dog

All this high tech camo uniform talk, BDU this, ACU that, camo designs etc etc. make me feel really really old. like stone age or at least civil war.

1. Class A dress blues
2. A Khaki colored uniform, short sleeves. no tie, cant remember what it was called
3. for everyday or field work, we had what was then called fatigues. just plain old green

I would probably wear them if I could get my fat butt to fit... I still have some of them, dont ask me why...plain old pride I guess??

couple of really old pic when I was in

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasHomesteader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 01:39 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,736 Times in 2,082 Posts

Camo has other purposes beyond the military...hunting being the main one I can think of. And self-defense in SHTF.

I personally like the pink and blue stuff for some fashion items for myself and my horse (horse leg boots for instance). I think it shows recognition of the influence of the people protecting our rights.

My 'ears' for shooting are pink camo. They dont make me a soldier anymore than the tie-die boots on my horse make us hippies.

If anything tho, if I see a man hanging around in military camos for no reason, I do think 'wannabee.'
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,759 Times in 1,270 Posts

curious to know what a "burt gummer" is...
apparently i dont get out much...
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
No Sunshine Patriot

Thanked 1,693 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHomesteader View Post

1. Class A dress blues
1505s! They would wrinkle just by looking at them, but they sure were comfy.
The Following User Says Thank You to AAEFaD For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2012, 02:33 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKM. View Post
When I was a kid I loved dressing up in cams; but once I got out of the Army, I sort of felt funny wearing it; like I was no longer entitled.
I have no drama with non issue cam patterns- the pants are just damned comfy and practical; but to wear my old issue shirts/pants, even as separate items, seems odd now....and not quite right. Especially with my rank and name tabs.

If I see someone civilian wandering down the street in any Auscam stuff; it sort of gives me the irrits.

A therapist would probably have fun with that.
I'm similar, but do wear my old uniforms for working in the yard etc. Can't see why I should spend good money on work clothes until I either wear out or (more likely) "outgrow" my DPCU's.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Bad Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAEFaD View Post
1505s! They would wrinkle just by looking at them, but they sure were comfy.

Hey great memory on the 1505s, wierd names back then, wonder what it meant?
I guess the fatigues name was just because if that was the uniform on the day...you were going to be fatigued at the end....lol

good memories, 5 years worth 74-79
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,866 Times in 4,879 Posts

Lots of bums and even illegal yard workers wearing ACU now that many in the army are wearing Multicam...the other day I saw a vagrant wearing woodland BDU's and that looked out of place, haven't seen woodland in a while. Remember how long folks wore the old Olive Green field jackets, still good stuff...they even make reproduction Olive Green field jackets and I wouldn't mind having one of those.

this happned after World War II, the Spanish American War and even the Civil War...

I wonder when I'll start seeing ragged and worn multicam on field workers and what the Army will be wearing then.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,199 Times in 2,024 Posts

I wear my old Woodland BDUs around the yard when I'm doing a dirty job. I wear the pants at the range because my PD doesn't give us a uniform to wear and if I'm going to ruin my own clothes, it makes the most sense to ruin those. I have about 20 sets of them sitting in the attic not used for much of anything else.

But I found if you leave those stored for about 5 years, they shrink. I grabbed a few pairs of pants when we were cutting done a very sappy pine tree and I couldn't button the top button. Funny how that happens.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Cover me, I'm Reloading!!

I wear desert marpat when I go paintballing with my friends(why? Because it works perfectlyfor the environment we usually play in, and... Well any advantage we can get is most welcomed!, the only patches I wear on it is the US flag (the non reversed one (what does the reversed one signify?) and my team patch which is an outlaw with two crossed revolvers... Not one of us pretends to be a serviceman/or woman (there's two girls in my team), as I think it would be a big FU and a kick in the nuts to anyone who has the guts to serve...