Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,279 Times in 485 Posts
Default Yankeeprepper at Youtube

Advertise Here

I did a search here for "yankeeprepper" and even "yankee prepper" to make sure this wasn't some common-knowledge-posted-a-bunch subject before starting this thread nothing came up so here goes.

Here's a link to yankeeprepper's youtube channel. I stumbled into his video showing how to make laundry soap cheaply and will be buying the ingredients soon.

He has a bunch of very good prepping videos and apparently he also has his distractors and enemies on youtube for a variety of alleged reasons.

Since a bunch of the videos seemed good to me I thought others might like them as well.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to boomerscaboose For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Outdoorsman and Hunter

Thanked 1,489 Times in 601 Posts

Never heard of this guy, but I like his videos, thanks for pointing them out. I am also going to go out on a limb here and say his "detractors" are probably liberals, which in my opinion if you aren't being "detracted" by liberals you are doing something wrong
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
Never heard of this guy, but I like his videos, thanks for pointing them out. I am also going to go out on a limb here and say his "detractors" are probably liberals, which in my opinion if you aren't being "detracted" by liberals you are doing something wrong
It could very well be that some liberals are attacking him but i know a lot of people (preppers) that have been given the boot from him for simply asking the wrong question about his videos. Unless you kiss this guys a$$, he will disallow your comment and ban you from ever commenting again. He is the most immature, whining, paranoid crybaby you will ever meet.

The thing i love about this site is that we can actually have discussions. If someone says "I have chosen the .308 in an AR Platform to serve as my SHTF Main Battle Rifle because the AK and the .223 AR are not useful at 500 yards." Someone else could ask "When SHTF, Would you be able to identify your enemy at 500 yards?" and a civil discussion would (normally) ensue. I was given the boot and called an A$$hat for asking this (so were many others apparently). You see, he is all knowing and should be worshipped. To ask a question of him you first have to acknowledge that he has Godlike status within the prepper community and on youtube and then you must only ask for more of his opinions and to share his vast knowledge. You must never ask or say anything that has the slightest hint of disagreement.

He goes on and on about his experience, knowledge, marksmanship, etc. and calls everyone else in the world who owns an AK or AR, Rambo Wannabes and washed up fatsos trying to fit into surplus combat fatigues.

He does make some good vids and he has a bunch of good ideas but he has the thinnest skin of anyone you have ever met in your life. Just look at all of his responses to comments that he has deleted. Unlike most Youtubers, he won't post your comments if they hurt his sensitive feelings.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cosmobius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Mikek has a crush on me

Thanked 9,878 Times in 3,828 Posts

I am not a fan, he is one of those people who is always right and you are always wrong.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Straza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,206 Times in 1,563 Posts

I don't generally expect much discourse from a YouTube video, i just watch them to see if there's any useful 'hands on' info. After watching his laundry soap one, i found 6 others to watch so i could decide. in a forum, i ask and 25-50 people give me ideas.
The Following User Says Thank You to Herbalpagan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbalpagan View Post
I don't generally expect much discourse from a YouTube video, i just watch them to see if there's any useful 'hands on' info. After watching his laundry soap one, i found 6 others to watch so i could decide. in a forum, i ask and 25-50 people give me ideas.
I agree but I don't think it is asking too much to request the reasoning behind someone's "matter of fact" conclusions. If someone is going to put a bold statement about defending one's life out there, they should have the fortitude to defend their position or at least not to cry when someone says (in their opinion), that the statement doesn't make sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to cosmobius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,587 Times in 895 Posts

I like this guys you tube videos.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 11,538 Times in 4,357 Posts

I watched a few of his videos. Weather I agree with him or not, at least he tries to actually do the skill he talks about. That ranks him way above most talking heads.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:30 PM

I like alot of this guys videos
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfwood For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 06:39 PM
III Percent

Thanked 2,694 Times in 849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straza View Post
I am not a fan, he is one of those people who is always right and you are always wrong.
Hey, I know some people around on this board that are exactly like that!!! He's gotta one of those...
Old 01-24-2011, 06:47 PM
FO

Thanked 2,232 Times in 987 Posts

Yup... he puts out some good info from time to time, I subscribe. I tend to fast forward through some of it, the guy def has a massive ego and seems super set in his ways, ie; not willing to listen to other views, expand his knowledge base. That being said, I've never commented on any of his vids and not been corrected, but have read many that have, have seen a lot of comments that vanish.

Overall, some good info to be had, some I don't agree with, but that's how it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to 13FoxTrot10 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Last of the First Line

Yankeeprepper, AnalyticalSurvival, ThePatriotNurse - all pretty good channels.

I like AnalyticalSurvival the best - very organized, and very well thought out.
ThePatriotNurse has a lot of great info from a medical/psychological perspective.
Yankeeprepper is good, at least for me, because we live in similar climates.

A lot of people like to hate on YouTubers - like Yankeeprepper, and especially Nutnfancy... I don't hate on them. Their videos are subjective, yes - but they make it pretty clear that the content of the videos (whether review or philosophy vids) are from their own perspective, for their needs, for their use.

Glean from the videos the information that is good for you, for your needs, for your use. I don't need to know a lot of the crap that comes out of Nutnfancy's mouth - but I want to know about how that knife/gun/piece of gear would stand up to hard use without having to spend the $$$ to find out myself.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HammerHand For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 PM

I like him. I've watched alot of his vids and have picked up some good info. I've also commented and gotten good responses from him. Don't be an "asshat". That's kind of SOP to me
That being said i wouldn't want a youtube channel. You're really putting yourself out there to be critiqued by thousands of people who probably don't know sh** anyway
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlazeWalker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 PM
American Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHand View Post
Yankeeprepper, AnalyticalSurvival, ThePatriotNurse - all pretty good channels.

I like AnalyticalSurvival the best - very organized, and very well thought out.
ThePatriotNurse has a lot of great info from a medical/psychological perspective.
Yankeeprepper is good, at least for me, because we live in similar climates.

A lot of people like to hate on YouTubers - like Yankeeprepper, and especially Nutnfancy... I don't hate on them. Their videos are subjective, yes - but they make it pretty clear that the content of the videos (whether review or philosophy vids) are from their own perspective, for their needs, for their use.

Glean from the videos the information that is good for you, for your needs, for your use. I don't need to know a lot of the crap that comes out of Nutnfancy's mouth - but I want to know about how that knife/gun/piece of gear would stand up to hard use without having to spend the $$$ to find out myself.
I agree with you. I watch both their channels, but don't agree with their life views. Just here for the gear reviews. I don't need a life lesson.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 PM

Not worth your time. Anybody who claims to be an "expert" on firearms but does this:
[IMG][/IMG]

Is not an expert at anything other than talking too much.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't wanna talk about

He's got a pretty funny video on BOB fire starting. Looking at the 80 lb pack lists I see here, I think he isn't too far off the mark.

"I'm not gonna give you a recipe. It depends on how many drinks you've had ..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 11:21 PM

^^^ That's great!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by intervivos View Post
Not worth your time. Anybody who claims to be an "expert" on firearms but does this:
[IMG][/IMG]

Is not an expert at anything other than talking too much.
LOL, you don't have a clue do you? You're taking something out of context and turning it into something it really is not.

Infact based on the post you just made that video is in response to people SPECIFICALLY like you! Too bad you didn't watch it. Had you actually watched his videos you would know the point of why he is doing it and what it's in reference too.

Next time don't post about something you apparently know jack about. Once you watch all the videos and realize what I'm saying, than you can come back and tell me that I was right.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bug Out Nation For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 12:17 AM
Mikek has a crush on me

Thanked 9,878 Times in 3,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClovisMan View Post
Hey, I know some people around on this board that are exactly like that!!! He's gotta one of those...
I do as well, I try not to even acknowledge them anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to Straza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Prepared

Yankeeprepper has over 10,000 subscribers so he must be doing something right.

It comes down to this: His channel (like ever other) is offering info. It's up to you to research and decide what would work best in your situation. He doesn't HAVE to offer discourse, he doesn't have to answer questions, and he doesn't need to be nice about it. At the same time, he gives great information, gets people thinking and is helping quite a few to wake up.

His Distractors, on the other hand, are WAY out of line by revealing his OpSec, threatening him and making negative comments about his family. They may not agree with him, but for someone to get that worked up about a YouTube video and a guy they've never met, they must have a screw loose.

BTW- His laundry soap video is spot on. I've been following that method since first watching his video and we love it. Saving some bucks too!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DigitalSherpa For This Useful Post: