Survivalist Forum banner

Dual Survival

54K views 118 replies 67 participants last post by  SirThrivalist 
#1 ·
I know that a lot of people don't watch much tv, myself included. The only things I really watch EVER are Dicovery channel, National Geographic, SciFi, History and Travel Channel. I also know there's no "TV" section, but on the discovery channel tomorrow at 10 pm there's a new survival show called Dual Survival. It has Dave from Wilderness Outfitters and The Pathfinder School on there. It also has Cody Lundin. Looked interesting, they're surviving on two opposite ends of the spectrum. Cody likes to walk around barefoot, for instance, Dave is ex-military.

#98 ·
I was at the Berea Gun show (Ohio) and there was a knife maker there that showed us a knife that he said was the one that Dave used in the show to cut the porcupine, turkey and kill the gator. He had a autographed picture of Dave by the knife.
His knives were very nice but out of my range.

#99 ·
Definitley some good info on this show. Dave's unrealistic risks sometimes make you forget how good he is. I think he takes a little liberty, just like Bear Grylls. in showing the viewers what could be done if it ever became extremely dire in a certain situation.

My favorite though is that in almost every episode. Cody will find some kind of local fruit or the like to eat that coould technically maintain a person for semi long term survival, but Dave can NEVER eat/stand it. So he ends up going on a hunt for red meat. He is good at trapping and primitive hunting though.

#104 ·
Depending upon why I walked off with the "torch", it might have been quite necessary/advisable. I wouldn't reject the entire show just because of that. Maybe he also has a lighter, can make more torches, or has a light, and the torch is just to spare the battery? The whole thing about getting "caught" out in the wilderness with no gear is bs, on the face of it. How did you get there, and why haven't you got any gear? Why not just build a big fire, and wait for someone to come check it out? That is what will happen, in less than a week, in the lower 48 states, at least!

#106 ·
I like the show because they stage the filming in a believable scenario. Good example was the episode where Cody and Dave similated two kayakers who had to dump it in a river. Th educt tape boat was hilarious. Same with the canoe episode and the eco-tourist in the desert and the rain forest.

I do agree with Dave, bugs are not something I want to eat.

#112 ·
I like the contrasting styles thing and the way that the two had to work together in order to move forward.
Dave should have his OWN show. Cody should too. But still...they made a great team.
Half the time I was laughing at & with them. I hope to see Dave back on the air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.