Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Pantomime Villain

Thanked 4,872 Times in 2,099 Posts

Advertise Here

I'm not sure about warlord in the making. But if SHTF England is one of the best places to be - strict firearm laws mean that only the very righteous have access to firearms. That puts everybody else at a distinct disadvantage.

So the moment SHTF me and my merry band will be taking over this place as a base of operations.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Hitch Hiking Guide

I love these questions lol

In reality, in the type of TEOTWAWKI scenario, there will be "warlords", as you call them. Use any other term you want though lol why the word warlord was chosen I dont know. BUT regardless, the sheeple will NEED taken care of before they get desperate enough to resort to taking by force. This will either mean:

A: A lot of dead sheeple AND survivalist/preppers.

or

B: A smart group of survivalists that take these sheeple under their wing in exchange for services. I say services because that is all the sheeple have to offer a survivalist. In essence some form of feudalism will sprout up... thats just reality because those are the factors that play into this scenario.

My guess is that both A and B will happen. Some survivalist and preppers will try to keep everyone out of their circle (the ones that are always trying to disarm people in these kinds of posts lol), they won't last very long because while they aren't physically doing the hunting of sheeple as "wolves", they are still condemning them to a possible death and at minimum creating animosity that won't go unpunished. In my opinion those kinds of groups wont last long enough to see their children grown.

The other group though, Group B... they have a much MUCH higher chance of survival. You provide protection/shelter/food, in exchange for their labor. or at minimum let them build (help them build?) their own plots on land that is going unused near you. creating a community of neighbors and such. You can label it whatever you would like but in the end it is all the same, people working together to survive. Loners will not survive.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:26 PM
This is a great survival forum

No warlords here you have to be able to mass kill man, woman, and child and no one here has it. Not to mention having real full auto guns and men willing to mass murder in your name. Warlords come on dont fool yourselves 90 percent of the ppl here need to get into shape and wont for shtf. Fantasies are bad for shtf sorry deal with reality first.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:54 PM
You're no daisy

Thanked 1,798 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazel101 View Post
No warlords here you have to be able to mass kill man, woman, and child and no one here has it. Not to mention having real full auto guns and men willing to mass murder in your name. Warlords come on dont fool yourselves 90 percent of the ppl here need to get into shape and wont for shtf. Fantasies are bad for shtf sorry deal with reality first.
So one would need to be able to mass kill... and for that one would need real full auto guns and furthermore they would have to be in shape... in order to be a warlord.

1) be able to mass kill
2) real full auto guns
3) in shape

You may have it pegged Weazel, I don't ever recall an out of shape warlord with a conscience and no machine guns.

I think aviator sunglasses might be another good addition to the criteria established thus far.

Oh! and an EPIC HAT! Warlords always have some sort of awesome headgear... whether a simple beret or the type seen below

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kef3stlmo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 95,289 Times in 31,463 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Commando View Post
B: A smart group of survivalists that take these sheeple under their wing in exchange for services. I say services because that is all the sheeple have to offer a survivalist. In essence some form of feudalism will sprout up... thats just reality because those are the factors that play into this scenario.
You forgot to mention that the smart group of survivalists that take the sheeple under their wing will have large warehouses full of supplies and a large farm, already equipped for primitive farming and currently doing so. Also forgotten was the barracks facilities, mess halls, kitchens, laundry rooms, bathrooms, medical facilities and infrastructure to support these. This of course means that they'll have access to high volume water and the means to purify it, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that the idea behind this thread is almost entirely the opposite of the mindset needed to survive if/when TSHTF?? Not to mention that what you're talking about is essentially restarting society AWKI. What's the point of preparedness and survival knowledge/gear/etc., if we're just going to gather into large groups with a single leader and continue the way we were? Don't get me wrong, I completely understand having alphas and betas, and keeping those we know and love around us, and helping to preserve and protect them as well as ourselves. But, at the very heart of "survival" (especially in the event of a veritable apocalypse, wherein most people will go completely nuts and become wild animals) is the idea that one must do whatever it takes to survive, and give up most notions except oneself. Now, I also understand that what I'm arguing certainly contradicts what most of we preppers/survivalists are inclined to do: Group together for mutual benefit when TSHTF. I think that my personal stance on all of it is somewhere between the two points I have mentioned, because extremes can be detrimental to most things.

I'll close with this thought: Why would any of us worry about preparing for the inevitable if all we're going to do is rally behind more leaders, and have basically the same societal structure that we have right now? Isn't the idea for each person to be self-sufficient, and, if existing in groups, contribute different areas of expertise as equals? Because, I'll tell ya right now, I will willingly submit to no man. Nor will I be responsible for multiple other lives, beyond the very select few I choose. Think about it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuiBonJinn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Commando View Post
I love these questions lol

In reality, in the type of TEOTWAWKI scenario, there will be "warlords", as you call them. Use any other term you want though lol why the word warlord was chosen I dont know. BUT regardless, the sheeple will NEED taken care of before they get desperate enough to resort to taking by force. This will either mean:

A: A lot of dead sheeple AND survivalist/preppers.

or

My guess is that both A and B will happen. Some survivalist and preppers will try to keep everyone out of their circle (the ones that are always trying to disarm people in these kinds of posts lol), they won't last very long because while they aren't physically doing the hunting of sheeple as "wolves", they are still condemning them to a possible death and at minimum creating animosity that won't go unpunished. In my opinion those kinds of groups wont last long enough to see their children grown.

The other group though, Group B... they have a much MUCH higher chance of survival. You provide protection/shelter/food, in exchange for their labor. or at minimum let them build (help them build?) their own plots on land that is going unused near you. creating a community of neighbors and such. You can label it whatever you would like but in the end it is all the same, people working together to survive. Loners will not survive.
I agree that that scenario will likely be the one that happens, but I disagree with the reasons. Why should we be here to take sheeple under our wings, and/or protect/defend them? Has everyone forgotten the reason they started down this path? Those who have the ability to survive, survive. Those who don't, perish. Simple, natural life. I'm not by any means a pacifist, but if you want to exist by hell on earth then be my guest. What reason for that is there if it's anything short of a Zombie apocalypse? (don't go on a zombie tangent it's just a harsh reference)
The Following User Says Thank You to QuiBonJinn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Just a rock & spear guy

Thanked 1,615 Times in 612 Posts

Frankly I'm more concerned about wanna-be warlords. I've read (On other boards) where some macho a-hole thinks the perfect bug out vehicle had a single .223 hole in the windshield and he'll get his food from any & every one else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gronk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 08:54 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 26,427 Times in 10,443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Skies View Post
I'm not sure about warlord in the making. But if SHTF England is one of the best places to be - strict firearm laws mean that only the very righteous have access to firearms. That puts everybody else at a distinct disadvantage.

So the moment SHTF me and my merry band will be taking over this place as a base of operations.

Is that windsor castle?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Walking methane refinery

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiBonJinn View Post
I agree that that scenario will likely be the one that happens, but I disagree with the reasons. Why should we be here to take sheeple under our wings, and/or protect/defend them? Has everyone forgotten the reason they started down this path? Those who have the ability to survive, survive. Those who don't, perish. Simple, natural life.
That's how I feel about it too. Why should we bring along the very cause of the problems? It won't be long until we're right back in the same situation. Where a few of the stronger, independant types produce, while the rest leech off them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Walking methane refinery

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
Frankly I'm more concerned about wanna-be warlords. I've read (On other boards) where some macho a-hole thinks the perfect bug out vehicle had a single .223 hole in the windshield and he'll get his food from any & every one else.
Those kind will be eliminated pretty quick. They're a big threat early on though. They need removed the instant they're identified.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post: