|Jokes, Humor & Music The Relaxation Station|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Gun laws in your state?||IdahoMtnBoy||Firearms General Discussion||66||06-19-2015 10:37 PM|
|State carry laws||JL1||Firearms General Discussion||17||06-13-2014 01:15 PM|
|State knife laws||Jawbone||Knives, Swords & Axes||20||08-12-2013 09:55 PM|
|Which state has the best gun carry laws?||Shaz||Firearms General Discussion||70||05-04-2013 08:55 AM|
|what state has the most lenient gun laws?||Dodge631||Firearms General Discussion||156||02-14-2013 10:47 PM|
|Second residence and state gun laws||Harmless Drudge||Firearms General Discussion||11||01-02-2013 09:36 PM|
|what state has most lenient gun laws?||P99||Firearms General Discussion||22||11-10-2012 07:26 PM|
|For everyone that wants to know hand gun laws in their state...||Gunner65||Pistol and Revolver Forum||2||03-20-2010 11:08 PM|
|Gun Laws - Which State?||mofugger||Firearms General Discussion||23||04-29-2009 01:39 AM|
|Funny Laws By State||Mad Dog||Jokes, Humor & Music||24||12-12-2008 09:05 PM|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
dumb state laws
Lets see if anyone can come up with the dumb laws in their respective states... this is an interesting way to really see just how dumb some of our law makers were and in some cases still are..
Here is for Idaho...
• Boise: Residents may not fish from a giraffe's back.
• Coeur d' Alene: If a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are engaging in sex, he must either honk, or flash his lights and wait for three minutes before approaching the car.
• Idaho Falls, Idaho: If you're 88 years of age or older, it's illegal for you to ride your motorcycle.
• Idaho state law makes it illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
• If a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are engaging in sex, he must either honk, or flash his lights and wait for three minutes before approaching the car.
• Idaho and other states allow members of the Native American church to use the hallucinogenic plant peyote in religious services.
• Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
• In Idaho walking along the street with a red-tipped cane is strictly prohibited.
• In Idaho, a citizen is forbidden by law to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds.
• In Pocatello, Idaho, a law passed in 1912 provided that "The carrying of concealed weapons is forbidden, unless same are exhibited to public view."
• It's illegal to hunt from the back of an anima.
• It's safe to make love while parked in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Police officers aren't allowed to walk up and knock on the window. Any suspicious officer who thinks that sex is taking place must drive up from behind, honk his horn three times and wait approximately two minutes before getting out of his car to investigate.
• Non-married couples in Idaho who engage in sexual intercourse can be jailed for up to six months
• Pocatello: A law passed in 1912 provided that "The carrying of concealed weapons is forbidden, unless some are exhibited to public view"; A person may not be seen in public without a smile on their face.
• Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime.
• The town of Idaho Falls, Idaho, forbids anyone over the age of eighty-eight to ride a motorcycle.
• You may not fish on a camel's back.
Re: dumb state laws
Here are some for Nevada:
· A man is forbidden from buying drinks for more than three people other than himself at any one period during the day.
· Clark County: An ordinance makes bringing a concealable fire arm into the county illegal unless it is registered with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. In order to register a handgun, however, it must be brought in to the police station. Furthermore, you may not register a gun on the weekends, but the police may prosecute you at that time.
· Elko: Everyone walking the streets is required to wear a mask.
· In Eureka, Nevada men who have mustaches are forbidden from kissing women.
· In Las Vegas, Nevada: It's against the law to pawn your dentures.
· In Las Vegas you can bet on any team--except The University of Nevada at Las Vegas.
· In Nevada sex without a condom is considered illegal.
· In Nevada until the 1960s it was illegal to sell liquor at religious camp meetings, within a half-mile of the state prison, in the State Capitol Building or to imbeciles.
· In Reno, Nevada staging a marathon dance is illegal, although posting a notice on a fire hydrant about illegal dance marathons is not.
· In the old days in Nevada a man caught beating his wife was tied to a stake for eight hours a day with a sign that read, "Wife Beater" fastened to his chest.
· It's illegal in Nevada to have a "house of ill fame" within 400 yards of a church or school.
· It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
· It is illegal in Reno, Nevada to conceal a spray-painted shopping cart in your basement.
· It's still "legal" to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property.
· Saloonkeepers had to post the names of habitual drunkards if so requested by the local sheriff or members of the imbibers' immediate families.
Re: dumb state laws
Re: dumb state laws
found a whole website dedicated to this
In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker’s stand, you can be fined $25.
Women are prohibited from wearing patent leather shoes in public.
It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
The Ohio driver’s education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
Breast feeding is not allowed in public.
It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.
No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.
It is illegal to display colored chickens for sale.
No person shall solicit sex from another of the same gender if it offends the second person.
Skateboarding in the city limits after dark is prohibited.
Posting signs at swimming pools is illegal.
It is illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road.
Ordinance number 223, of 09/09/19 prohibits the installation and usage of slot machines in outhouses.
Electric fences are banned.
If one loses their pet tiger, they must notify the authorities within one hour.
Power Wheels cars may not be driven down the street.
Anal intercourse is banned.
Women are forbidden from wearing patent leather shoes, lest men see reflections of their underwear.
It’s illegal to catch mice without a hunting license
Items left on a tree lawn become city property.
It’s against the law to honk your horn “excessively”.
Cross-dressing is against the law.
Any map that does not have Lima clearly stated on the map cannot be sold.
It is unlawful to run a horse over five miles per hour.
Your duck may not paraded down Ohio Avenue.
It is against the law to roller skate without notifying the police.
It is illegal to drive around the town square more than 100 times in a single
One may not spit on the sidewalks on the square.
Motor vehicles on the square are prohibited.
Horn honking is not permitted as it might scare horses.
It’s illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while standing in front of a man’s picture.
A policeman may bite a dog to quiet him.
Catch 22 is banned.
Throwing a snake at anyone is illegal.
You may not run out of gas.
Riding on the roof of a taxi cab is not allowed.
Re: dumb state laws
|The Following User Says Thank You to charlie505 For This Useful Post:|
Re: dumb state laws
agreed ...but it is a dumb law because a white dude wrote it and they were scared of the power that was alledged to have been given them...
Also, I cannot find it because I think it was repealed some years back , but here there was alw that said it was illegal to conduct any business relations with the indians here...
In South Dakota:
You can shoot a Native American across the river from your covered wagon
In Spearfish If three or more Native Americans are walking down the street together, they can be considered a war party and fired upon.
If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them.
(those have since been repealed)
No horses are allowed into Fountain Inn unless they are wearing pants.
|The Following User Says Thank You to brutalsun For This Useful Post:|
You need a concealed carry lisence to carry a weapon to defend yourself
and some you can't have a weapon on you at all for self defense.
Hows this for stupid and dumb.
|The Following User Says Thank You to kyle1337 For This Useful Post:|
They have rivers in South Dakota with which to shoot a native american from your wagon? Didnt know they had rivers and thought they already shot all the natives.Guess its South Dakota or Bust
Loads Of Useless Laws
Every state & federal government has tons of useless laws.
In Texas it is illegal to carry wire cutters in your pocket.
Many of these laws made some sense when they were enacted but not today. Laws are created by politicians & lawyers so we can feel safe. It's all nitpicking to the extreme.
Good laws are general guidelines, not specific & constraining. Just look at what's going on today. Laws that congress passes are very specific and fill a 400 page binder.
The Constititution was never meant to be specific but a general guidline on how to live. The Constitution guarantees us the right to bear arms but look at the limitations imposed on us today. The government is scared of its' peoples right now and very controlling. THEY know they have done wrong to us and are doing everything THEY can to keep us from righting the wrongs.
So look for many more useless laws in the future.
Here's one that actually has a good reason behind it
In Missouri it is against the law to paint a horse.
Back when, if you knew someone with a dappled horse, you could paint spots on yours get a good price at auction. The mark finds out when the horse sweats and the paint runs.
In Boone county, dogs are exempt from the boone county dog ordinance, but bunny rabbits are not. Must have 1/2 acre if in a subdivision of more than five lots for each head of livestock including bunny rabbits and chickens. Dogs are exempt.