Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
- Celer Silens Mortalis-

Default Life Caps 72hrs Surival Pills are they for real or just another crack pot pill?

Advertise Here

http://www.lifecaps.net
Ok so recently someone told me to look into a pill that replaces the need to eat in a survival situation. I do know that our current Bomber Pilots take proprietary supplements to help curb the need for water, food, and the need to relieve yourself. Any who this supposed pill is from Life Caps and the inventor has claimed to survive 17days with NO FOOD and just water. Has anyone out there actually tried these things? It looks to me like some made for TV info-mercial. What do you all think is this the real deal or just blowing smoke?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 102,481 Times in 33,058 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

I don't put much faith in any of those survival food pills. They always come up seriously short in needed calories. I guess they'd be helpful if you were stranded in a lifeboat or some other sedentary situation. But I'd rather just have Datrex bars or something instead.

There's another brand that's been on the market for decades. It supposedly fits a 30 day supply in your canteen carrier. Total BS when you look at the nutrition label.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Ooh, pancakes!

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,737 Posts

If you could just take a pill and survive this board would not exist.

SNAKE OIL.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrMorden For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 04:01 PM

Nearly anybody can survive for 17 days with JUST water and no food. Its called fasting and religious people used to do it all the time.

No need for some mystery pill, your body already has the functions in place to survive w/o food for a month
The Following User Says Thank You to big country For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM

From the product description it just sounds as though it's just a multi-vitamin pill. Go to a pharmacy or health foods store and you can get essentially the same thing for considerably less money. You won't be able to live off pills alone, but if you're eating just rice and beans they can prevent nutrient deficiencies.

I think the bomber pilots take amphetamines, which would be terrible for a long term survival situation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Bobo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Bowties are cool...

Thanked 3,555 Times in 383 Posts
Default Re: Life Caps 72hrs Surival Pills are they for real or just another crack pot pill?

Their website also sells "Survival Kits" (interesting that they aren't just Emergency Kits or 72-hour kits like everyone else ) and that those kits contain...drum roll please... X# of 400 Calorie Food Bars with a 5-year shelf life for 1 or 2 people (dramatic reverb!). Now why in the world would you need those Food Bars if you had Life Caps 72hrs Survival Pills in your kit? Hmmm...

And to top it off, I'd really like to know how much 'Pure Cane Sugar' each of those multi-vitamins has in it as that's where what few calories you are getting are coming from. Add to that the fact that sweets will then make you thirsty (just like salt), and can in the long run make you crave more sweets (not that surviving on those pills can be called surviving or will really last long enough to trigger the 'sweet tooth'). What a crock. Ok, time to stop typing or I'm going to get myself in trouble.

--DL
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkLight For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 32,294 Times in 9,930 Posts
Default Re: Life Caps 72hrs Surival Pills are they for real or just another crack pot pill?

The body burns carbohydrates primarily. Then after a certain period of aerobic activity, the body switches to a blend of carbs and fats. However, if the body doesn't have any carbs, it burn protein instead. The problem with starvation is that your body tends to burn lean muscle mass instead of fat. Now if this pill had some compound that instructed body to burn fat instead of protein, that would be a breakthrough so massive, it wouldn't be on a freakin' infomercial.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Hiker

George, Jane, Elroy, and Judy seem to be doing all right on just the pills, so I put some aside in the trunk of my flying car. We will be doing all right while the rest of you are slugging it out.

Their advantage of course is that they are rather two dimensional.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,682 Posts

If they really worked, there would be no hunger in the world...
Old 04-23-2010, 01:00 AM
King of Nido

Thanked 1,981 Times in 909 Posts

To answer you question. No they do not work, and when you are dead from trying to survive on them you wont be around to dispute the claims.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by big country View Post
Nearly anybody can survive for 17 days with JUST water and no food. Its called fasting and religious people used to do it all the time.

No need for some mystery pill, your body already has the functions in place to survive w/o food for a month
Exactly the rule of 3's applies ....