Survivalist Forum banner

Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System, 6-Gallon

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  HoustonDeathTrap 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever seen or used one of these? Search is returning way too much to sift through.

Amazon.com: Zen Water Systems Countertop Filtration and Purification System, 6-Gallon: Water Filters: Kitchen & Dining

Transforms ordinary tap water into clean, healthy, mineralized alkaline drinking water
1 System; 5 Functions: Filters, Purifies, Mineralizes, Alkalinizes, Preserves
Multi-stage filtration removes bacteria, harmful contaminants, chlorine, chemicals and other impurities
Adds essential minerals and bio-energy properties to boost overall health and vitality
BPA-Free. No electricity or plumbing required. Easy assembly. Convenient, versatile & affordable
We still do not have a filtration system and this looks like an affordable one to use everyday. We are on a small rural system and there is fracking all around.

I kind of like the idea of handling the Ph and addition of minerals after filtering.

Comments?

--

I will also be ordering a couple of these to filter larger quantities of water in 5 gallon buckets:

Amazon.com: Ceramic Water Filter Kit by Just Water: Replacement Water Filters: Kitchen & Dining

See less See more
#3 ·
Is your water acidic? Most water isn't. So no real need for that unless that is a problem. If it is baking soda is an easy addition to water.

Not sure about the 'ceramic balls'. Sounds like hokum to me.

But what's worse is these 'filters' only handle 500 gallons and cost almost $20. Ceramic candles usually do 3 times that much for the same price. Or a Sawyer Mini which does 100,000 gallons for the same price, and to a higher level of purity with .1 microns absolute. For twice the price you could get a larger Sawyer that handles 1 million gallons. But then these alternatives can handle much dirtier water then tap water.

Reactions: IamZeke and REM
#4 ·
I did order sawyers:

Amazon.com : Sawyer SP121 Just Drink Inline Water Filter (Discontinued by Manufacturer) : Camping Water Filters : Patio, Lawn & Garden

And three of these:

I am still looking for a way to tidy up my tap water. The filters on the gizmo in my initial post changed and there were a lot of people saying that they were unable to get a seal using the new filters.

My wife buys reverse osmosis water. I'd prefer a filter for biologics and chemicals and then something to put minerals back like that gizmo.

#5 ·
none of these appear to get rid of fluoride or other strong ionic bonded poisons. you will need RO, Distillation, activated alumina or Ion exchange resin filters. RO seems to be about as easy to do with less headache and cost of constant replacement of media. If you do go RO look into crushed coral mineralizer for after you strip the water of everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.