Survivalist Forum banner

Baby soda bottles

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  SgtBooker44 
#1 ·
I work in a school and our science law was getting rid of these so I grabbed a bunch for my BOB. Not sure what to put in them yet, but they looked too cool to pass up. They would be water proof with the lid on and unbreakable.

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/product/1367

#2 ·
I want some.

Ha! I always wondered if you could get hold of those. :D:

I have my GOOD bag sewing kit stored in something like that. The tube is just the right size for the spools of thread and is crush resistant and water proof.

Frankly, I think they are a bad size to be widely useful, though. They are not big enough to fit food or water in them. Maybe sugar or drink mix. If you put tinder in them it might be hard to get out. They are way too big for meds unless you pack several baggies in the bottle.

#4 ·
They're uncredibly strong. I bought a number of these for my family's BoBs to store various items. They fit perfectly through a MOLLE tab and you can see the contents through them. The only thing is that you should not put any light sensitive items(meds) if you hang them ON your pack instead of IN.

They also make great smoke bomb containers.

#5 ·
I would try using them to store things like rice, cornmeal, flour, oatmeal, cooking oil, and so on you would need a rather small funnel. I would wrap cording around them under the cording as you wrap it you could place a piece of cardboard with various things like a simple fishing hook with a weight and leader and fishing line, and also a few needles and thread wrapped around the cardboard, bandages etc.

#6 ·
Great way to store and organize gardening seeds.

#10 ·
How about liquids like hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, Betedyne, vasline etc.

Also matches and fire starters (tinder)

Small fising hooks or even kits.

One might be used to protect small tubes of stuff like neosporin etc.

Grab a beer and ponder, there must be a ton of ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.