Survivalist Forum banner

2-Liter Recycling!

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Rioux06 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I found this article online and thought it was a great idea and I'd share it here. It's about a man who began storing his emergency food and water supplies in 2-liter bottles. Since the bottles are air tight and will never biodegrade, he figured they were an excellent place to store foods (wheat, beans, sugar, etc) and water for any SHTF scenario.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_/ai_n16509325

Thanks! Paul

#8 ·
I think it's a good idea, the only problem with storing water in them would be rotation - probably only want to store the water for 1 - 2 years and then you'd have a lot of bottles to drain. On the other hand, if something goes wrong (leak or goes bad) it would be contained to one bottle which is great.

#17 ·
I buy 3 liter poland spring bottles of water to rotate into my water preps. When we have emptied a bottle I sanitize it with one part bleach to ten parts water and then let it fully dry. Then on a day with low humidity I just use a funnel and fill it up, put the cap on tight and store in a dry location that does not receive sunlight. I have found that the 3 liter bottles will hold about 6lbs of rice and 5 lbs of beans.

I start using the Acadia brand water bottles but realized that to me it was worth it to spend a little more and buy the poland spring water because they are stackable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.