Survivalist Forum banner

Remington 870 Express Tactical's out of stock?

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  munchie3409 
#1 ·
last Friday, i went to my local sporting goods store to order a remington 870 tactical express shotgun. i knew going in that they probably would not have one on the shelf, and that they would have to special order it for me. what i did not expect was for them to tell me that their distributer was out of them as well. and that the distributer did not have an explanation as to why. they said that they had placed an order for 250 units back in December 2010, and so far only 2 units had come in. and that their was a waiting list for them. my order is #55. i sent an email to remington asking them whats up, but have not received a responce from them yet. the only thing my local store can say is that their must be a huge military or foriegn order snaping up all current production.

have any of you noticed this where your at?

#7 ·
When I bought my 870 2 wks ago, I had to settle for the walnut stock ad no less than SIX 870's were sold to guys in a matter of three hours. This was Bass Pros and they said their stock is WAY down. They haven't been able to get new stock in after the Christmas/post Christmas buying frenzy and but hoping to get more soon for tax refund season.

When I stopped in 2 days ago to pick up my guns, there was a lot more stock on hand, put a 1911 on hold for 14 days till i'm eligible to buy another handgun.

#11 ·
first off, Thanks All.

i am not that concerned about it. i have looked on line for them and have found a few. but ordering one would cost me between $60.00 to $100.00 more after shipping and transfer fees at the gun shop.

i had a Mossberg 500 security model, and i liked it. a coworker of mine was looking at buying the same mossy as mine so i took it in to show it to him before he spent the money. another coworker brought in his 870 to compare, and i found i like the 870 better. it fits and feels like it was made for me. so i sold my mossy, and went to the gun shop.

i don't really "need" it right now. truth be told it will probably collect more dust than anything else. if i am lucky i would only be able to practice with it 8 to 10 times a year. so i guess i can wait, for now. but if it takes to long, i will be expanding my search a few hundred miles to find one.

#15 ·
My friend has an 870 Express...and I owned one as well. Good entry level shotgun that you can mod down the road. Biggest issue I have is that the finish on the 870 Express is pure crap. It's prone to rust, so if you get one...seriously consider refinishing it in something durable.

In my area, you can find the 870 Express very easily. Just because one distributor is out of them doesn't mean that they are not available. Call around to the large distributors that deal with Remington...I'm confident they can locate one for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.