Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start Anew 223shootersc Books, Movies & Stories 786 Today 06:53 AM
My thoughts on INCH kits Jerry D Young Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 56 03-05-2017 03:20 AM

Old 10-31-2016, 07:11 AM
¡Salga de aquí!

Thanked 7,198 Times in 2,473 Posts
Default What's it like in the Fayetteville Springdale Rogers area?

Advertise Here

Was browsing the country and daydreaming of relocating and came across an area I know nothing about, the Fayetteville Springdale Rogers area of NW Arkansas. Is the area basically merged into one city or distinctly separate cities? What is the approximate population of the entire region? Are good deals in real estate lurking in the countryside? Crime? Meth-heads? Trashy? Safe? Clean? Just trying to get a general feel for the area. Looks like a small enough area that most have never heard of but large enough to find employment and survive. Been to Hot Springs and points south, is the geography similar? What is right and wrong with this part of the state?
Old 11-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Prepared

I live in Fayetteville. There are lots of jobs in the region and the cost of living is low. If you go a little further out, there are good deals on land to be found. Like all places, you can find plenty of riff-raff, but as a whole this area is safe and crime is low.
The Following User Says Thank You to livinn59801 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2016, 01:45 PM
¡Salga de aquí!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinn59801 View Post
I live in Fayetteville. There are lots of jobs in the region and the cost of living is low. If you go a little further out, there are good deals on land to be found. Like all places, you can find plenty of riff-raff, but as a whole this area is safe and crime is low.
Thanks for the reply. A co-worker has a friend in Rogers and basically said the same thing. Would love to have about 20 acres in a semi-mountainous area but looking at the map, all of the mountains seem to be national parks. I guess I need to go check it out for a couple days. Thanks again.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:59 PM

There are way more people here than the census says there are... In Springdale at least the traffic can get pretty bad. I've listened to a lot of people who've lived here forever, complaining about where this area is going. The huge influx of people in recent years, and urbanization of semi-rural areas. That being said, I like the area. Cost of living is low, there are jobs. And when you get out of town, it's beautiful. I live right by Beaver Lake, have a boat, and enjoy fishing. I'm on a secluded two-lane blacktop and no one bothers me here.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimcosenza For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2016, 02:51 PM
¡Salga de aquí!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcosenza View Post
There are way more people here than the census says there are... In Springdale at least the traffic can get pretty bad. I've listened to a lot of people who've lived here forever, complaining about where this area is going. The huge influx of people in recent years, and urbanization of semi-rural areas. That being said, I like the area. Cost of living is low, there are jobs. And when you get out of town, it's beautiful. I live right by Beaver Lake, have a boat, and enjoy fishing. I'm on a secluded two-lane blacktop and no one bothers me here.
Sounds like the place I am wanting to escape. Seems to be the same story all across the country. DFW is just too big to get away and still have access to town. The lake, boat, fishing, secluded part sounds ideal.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Prepared

There is still land in the hills for sale at reasonable prices. Your best bet is south and east of the Bentonville-Fayetteville corridor. How much land do you want and how far away are you willing to commute to jobs?
The Following User Says Thank You to livinn59801 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Will hunt for food!

I was born in Bentonville in 1975. Lived in the NWA area till I was 18. Having family in the general area I still visit. There used to be land mass between each city down to Fayetteville and to Tonnitown. Now it's pretty much just one large city. I don't know what the others think low crime is, but I wouldn't call anywhere inside that city mass low crime, maybe compared to Detroit. If you are willing to drive a little to and from work you could go towards Huntsville and that area.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockin90 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2016, 02:42 PM
¡Salga de aquí!

I would like about 20 acres, as hilly and un-mowable as possible. A 30 minute drive would be fine, would push it to 45 for the right location. The more secluded, far from railroads and highways as possible, the better. Just hate to have to worry about neighbors learning my schedule and hitting me while I am gone. I guess the good old days of unlocked doors and not really having to worry about crime too much are forever gone. Thanks for the replies, I will look into everything suggested.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:17 PM
New and yet, old

Thanked 8,489 Times in 1,827 Posts

You do realize that Bentonville is the birth place and corporate headquarters of WalMart, right? Besides WalMart/Sam's Club corporate offices (plus the headquarters of their transportation/logistics/admin/etc offices there are also the offices of every single corporation that supplies them.

The whole Rogers-Springdale-Bentonville area is gridlock every morning and every evening.

Go a good ways south or east or cross the border into SW Missouri. The taxes are much cheaper in Missouri and there is still cheap land for sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bud For This Useful Post: