Creepy stories from the outdoors. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creepy stories from the indoors scosmo451 General Discussion 390 11-12-2016 06:07 PM
Creepy stories not from the outdoors itslikethatross Urban Survival 89 05-13-2016 04:52 AM
Funny Stories From The Outdoors AK_guy Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 30 04-18-2016 10:02 AM
Creepy/Scary Campfire Stories JJohnsonMtMan Site Information & Suggestion Box 2 04-01-2015 03:50 PM
Creepy Red*Lion General Discussion 0 01-23-2014 09:27 PM
Can Anybody Say, Creepy?.......... MountainRecluse Controversial News and Alternative Politics 10 09-08-2010 08:12 PM
WOW, this is CREEPY Dirt Fisher General Discussion 1 11-03-2009 12:54 AM

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Foxer Foxer is offline
hunter-gatherer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 751
Thanks: 76
Thanked 587 Times in 275 Posts
Default



Advertise Here

Quote:
. There is something about being stalked that instinctively creeps you out. Alot of experienced hunters will say that they don't like looking or focusing on their quarry too hard for too long because it seems like the animal can sense it.
True enough after a fashion - and most hunters who've been at the game can look at an area and just 'know' there's game in there. Works both ways

If you've got a gut feeling, rarely if ever will you be disappointed that you listened to it.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:39 AM
swwjeff swwjeff is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,605
Thanks: 2,877
Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,844 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
True enough after a fashion - and most hunters who've been at the game can look at an area and just 'know' there's game in there. Works both ways

If you've got a gut feeling, rarely if ever will you be disappointed that you listened to it.
Aint that the truth! Go with your gut.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swwjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 AM
Aubb's Avatar
Aubb Aubb is offline
PPG flyer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MOntana
Age: 59
Posts: 2,763
Thanks: 917
Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,377 Posts
Default

Before I moved to MOntana,I lived in south Florida,when I was 17 years old,I ran off to the Everglades.I lived deep in the Big Cypress swamp.
I stayed in a old hunting shack my friend Junior and his dad and I help build.
After a long tiring day,hiking,and exploring and such.
I lay down after eating fish that I caught in my fish trap.
I was feeling really good just relaxing.
The sun was setting,starting to get dark.
I heard this great commotion,something big was moving towards the shack thru really heavy brush,this brush was thick,wasn't much of it, just 100 by 50 feet.
Why a animal would go thru it I don't know.I never tried too thick.
I got this awful feeling,that I didn't want to see what it was.
I started banging on pots and pans,as loud as I could.

Then silence,dead silence.
I listened ,I knew what ever It was,had to make sound even moving slowly thru there.
Never heard any thing more.
Could of been a deer or bear,but why I never heard anything more I've never know.
I still wonder about it.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 AM
MT Patriot's Avatar
MT Patriot MT Patriot is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Western Montana
Posts: 765
Thanks: 533
Thanked 3,217 Times in 444 Posts
Default

Wow, this thread has turned into someting way cool. I just got back from a little three hour night fishing venture with the boy. Caught three Bull trout, threw them back as they are on the ESA list. Came in and pulled up this thread, awsome stories. I got many more but I'm saving them, I want to hear all your creepy stuff. Great stories guys!!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MT Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 03:54 AM
swwjeff swwjeff is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,605
Thanks: 2,877
Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,844 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Patriot View Post
Wow, this thread has turned into someting way cool. I just got back from a little three hour night fishing venture with the boy. Caught three Bull trout, threw them back as they are on the ESA list. Came in and pulled up this thread, awsome stories. I got many more but I'm saving them, I want to hear all your creepy stuff. Great stories guys!!
Creepy stories, huh?

I swear I saw a ghost! We were camped in a field in amongst a old growth forrest. This field has history though. In the early 1900's it was a remote mineral water resort hotel. The hotel burned down in 30's. If you didn't know there was a hotel there, you would NEVER know. People took horse and buggy out to it.

I have camped here no less than 50 nights! SERIOUSLY! But one night I swear I saw a ghostly woman figure! She moved across the field at me. She stopped within a couple feet of me! I turned to move, and the "cold" feeling disapeared. And that was it. Nothing else. Just me standing there going WTF? Effin scarry!

Make of it what you want, but it's creepy to me!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swwjeff For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 05:19 AM
72shane 72shane is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 612
Thanks: 170
Thanked 587 Times in 220 Posts
Default

The only thing i can think of happened years ago. This was back when it was ok to build permanent tree stands nailed into trees. I had scouted out a new area and settled on an area where an oak flat joined a big thick swamp. It was pretty open except one grove of head high palmetto's and brush that came from behind my stand and went into

the swamp. I was able to climb into a fork of an oak tree by climbing a small dogwood next to it. After hoisting up my wood and nailing up a very stable platform and seat about 15-20' up, i dumped out some corn and left. This was in the summer as i was hog hunting. It was two weeks before i made it back to hunt. Everything was fine as i

walked in before daylight and got settled in. I noticed the corn was gone and lots of fresh hog sign that i could see by my small light. After everything got quieted back down, as i sat in the dark, i kept having that feeling of being watched. Now i have hunted, camped, and grew up in the woods and am completely at home day or night in

the darkest deepest swamps, and never felt this feeling. I wasnt scared cause i didnt know to be. I just couldnt put my finger on it. The feeling never changed but i couldnt get used to it, i was just on edge i guessed. I never saw or heard any animals that morning that i can remember till i was climbing down about mid morning. I had lowered

my rifle, and was in the process of slithering from the oak to the little dogwood when i saw something out of the corner of my eye about the same time i heard it! I heard the crash and just BARELY caught sight of something running through the palmettos parallel to me. Now i say barely cause it looked like a huge, (man high), brown dog. Honestly i

thought buffalo instantly! How crazy is that?? It crashed through the thicket and i heard it hit water. Sounded like a heard of hogs ploughing thru! I wrote it off as a deer that jumped and i me glimseing it, made it look different. Well i thought about that sight and the feeling i had had all morning, as i drove back home to do a little work before hunting

again that evening. Around 2 or so that afternoon i was again walking back into that stand still thinking about the oddness of the morning. It was only a 1/4 mile or so walk and i was there and settled in quick enough. Again, everything was oddly quiet. I had been sitting maybe an hour or so when i heard the faint splash of hogs i assumed,

across the thicket in the swamp. As it got louder, instead of that excited, eager feeling you would normally get, i was getting nervous. It was so wierd cause i had never felt that way before. Well what i thought were a bunch of hogs turned out to be one single critter. When it was within a hundred yards, i could hear it so plain and clear. Whatever

it was, was in no hurry and stayed out of sight on my blind side across the thicket. I had scouted all this out and i knew the water that it was in was waist deep on me and this thing was picking its feet or legs clear of the water as it walked. I could hear

the "splash, drip...drip...drip...splash" as it put one foot in front of the other real slow like it was trying to be quiet. I thought it might be another person till i thought about how deep that water was. I would never point a gun at a noise or anything i wasnt

planning to kill dead, but as that noise got louder and got to the edge of the thicket, I was looking down the barrel! Still on safe and finger off the trigger but still, you gotta know me to know how serious this must have been. I was actually shakeing. Well it got to the edge of the water with about 40 yards of thicket before the open ground

between us. It crashed about 10 or 15 yards and then went quiet. Deathly quiet. no sound, no frogs, no crickets, no birds, no nothing. I might have imagined it but i thought i could hear something every now and then like it was slippin in on me. It was getting dark by then and to say i was skaken would be an understatement. I never saw or heard

anything else that evening but i walked out backwards right before dark! I was so put off by it, i had forgotten my bag (fanny pack today) hanging on a nail in the stand. I realized that while i was driving home. I told my grand daddy about it that night and he of course made fun of me. If all that wasnt bad enough, here is the crazy part most

folks dont believe. It was two days later before i got the nerve up to go back after my bag. I carried a shotgun this time as i felt more secure with it though i doubt i could have hit anything at this point. It was an old rabbit ear and i kept my thumb on the hammer the whole walk in. And of course i went in in mid day! I kept my eyes peeled as i

slipped in toward my stand. Like i said it was pretty open except the thicket which would be on the other side of my stand from where i was comeing in. I got about 35 yards or so from my stand and glanced up. It was gone! I dont remember seeing it piled on the ground below, but it was not in the tree. I could see white all around where it

was like the bark had been scratched and clawed all to hell! And my bag was still hanging on that nail! I never looked back and to this day, i have not been back to that swamp. A few years after my little incident, it was all clear cut and part of that swamp was filled in. There are houses there now. I have told a few people about it, but i

usually have to drink a few to talk about it(like now ). Only one person has believed me but he wont tell me why. He also hunted the general area and i think he might have had a run in with something as well. Not really asking anyone to believe this, just thought i would tell it. I have "heard" of plenty more strange things around these parts but i'll save them for another day. Sorry to be so long winded but you ask for it...lol
The Following 111 Users Say Thank You to 72shane For This Useful Post:
123456, 2medicine woman, 76bts, 88WillowTree, A J Parmalee, Akita, Alberta Mike, alexfm, ArtDeco357, Aubb, Balloon'sGoin'Up, Bama485, broostersmom, Brwright, chaosofcreation, charlie501, Cheftjcook, Chipper88, Chops249, CorpsmanPride, dalerob43, dealfinder500, Derv, dirt013, Earthorca, Equalitor, falconman, Fishrarr, Flinter536, FrightenedWolfe, Fruitcake, gl1701, gmaster456, grebetrees, greg198245, Grey Wolf, grizzly22485, Gunsmoke, Gunstar, HanzoSteel, Irelandmichael, IronAddict, jammieg, JasoninAz, Jeb, jeepcop24, Jessejames1986, jfirebalrog, Jiesen, joe.esq1, js, jungle, justallan1, kajunman1, Kebler414, knifethrower, Kroenen117, Kru, Lamb, LesPaulPlayerNY, levik97, libertybelle, Mac Tíre, Mama Bär, merlinfire, MesserMan, Mic, MickeyCJS, Mike's Brown Hair, missbettypage, MJDavis, mobile_magician, mortalis09, ms,hillbilly, MT Patriot, newtoothis, Nica, NorCalHermit, Ofurhang, peachy, Pezz, postman23, profinger, prospecta, RampantKaos, RandallMade, RandallW201, Ranger2187, rbar, RealCoolDude, resolver, Rikken, RJA, rkrip, Scottuk, sniper9ez, squidy, Superbanki, survivalism, SurvivalistMaine, SurvivalKid, swamp_shadow, Tsonaqua, UglySteve, Umber, UserX, Watch Ryder, wobblygoblin, wyopride, Young And Broke NY, zukker
Old 05-17-2009, 05:40 AM
MesserMan's Avatar
MesserMan MesserMan is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 494
Thanks: 5,086
Thanked 460 Times in 177 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72shane View Post
The only thing i can think of happened years ago. This was back when it was ok to build permanent tree stands nailed into trees. I had scouted out a new area and settled on an area where an oak flat joined a big thick swamp. It was pretty open except one grove of head high palmetto's and brush that came from behind my stand and went into

the swamp. I was able to climb into a fork of an oak tree by climbing a small dogwood next to it. After hoisting up my wood and nailing up a very stable platform and seat about 15-20' up, i dumped out some corn and left. This was in the summer as i was hog hunting. It was two weeks before i made it back to hunt. Everything was fine as i

walked in before daylight and got settled in. I noticed the corn was gone and lots of fresh hog sign that i could see by my small light. After everything got quieted back down, as i sat in the dark, i kept having that feeling of being watched. Now i have hunted, camped, and grew up in the woods and am completely at home day or night in

the darkest deepest swamps, and never felt this feeling. I wasnt scared cause i didnt know to be. I just couldnt put my finger on it. The feeling never changed but i couldnt get used to it, i was just on edge i guessed. I never saw or heard any animals that morning that i can remember till i was climbing down about mid morning. I had lowered

my rifle, and was in the process of slithering from the oak to the little dogwood when i saw something out of the corner of my eye about the same time i heard it! I heard the crash and just BARELY caught sight of something running through the palmettos parallel to me. Now i say barely cause it looked like a huge, (man high), brown dog. Honestly i

thought buffalo instantly! How crazy is that?? It crashed through the thicket and i heard it hit water. Sounded like a heard of hogs ploughing thru! I wrote it off as a deer that jumped and i me glimseing it, made it look different. Well i thought about that sight and the feeling i had had all morning, as i drove back home to do a little work before hunting

again that evening. Around 2 or so that afternoon i was again walking back into that stand still thinking about the oddness of the morning. It was only a 1/4 mile or so walk and i was there and settled in quick enough. Again, everything was oddly quiet. I had been sitting maybe an hour or so when i heard the faint splash of hogs i assumed,

across the thicket in the swamp. As it got louder, instead of that excited, eager feeling you would normally get, i was getting nervous. It was so wierd cause i had never felt that way before. Well what i thought were a bunch of hogs turned out to be one single critter. When it was within a hundred yards, i could hear it so plain and clear. Whatever

it was, was in no hurry and stayed out of sight on my blind side across the thicket. I had scouted all this out and i knew the water that it was in was waist deep on me and this thing was picking its feet or legs clear of the water as it walked. I could hear

the "splash, drip...drip...drip...splash" as it put one foot in front of the other real slow like it was trying to be quiet. I thought it might be another person till i thought about how deep that water was. I would never point a gun at a noise or anything i wasnt

planning to kill dead, but as that noise got louder and got to the edge of the thicket, I was looking down the barrel! Still on safe and finger off the trigger but still, you gotta know me to know how serious this must have been. I was actually shakeing. Well it got to the edge of the water with about 40 yards of thicket before the open ground

between us. It crashed about 10 or 15 yards and then went quiet. Deathly quiet. no sound, no frogs, no crickets, no birds, no nothing. I might have imagined it but i thought i could hear something every now and then like it was slippin in on me. It was getting dark by then and to say i was skaken would be an understatement. I never saw or heard

anything else that evening but i walked out backwards right before dark! I was so put off by it, i had forgotten my bag (fanny pack today) hanging on a nail in the stand. I realized that while i was driving home. I told my grand daddy about it that night and he of course made fun of me. If all that wasnt bad enough, here is the crazy part most

folks dont believe. It was two days later before i got the nerve up to go back after my bag. I carried a shotgun this time as i felt more secure with it though i doubt i could have hit anything at this point. It was an old rabbit ear and i kept my thumb on the hammer the whole walk in. And of course i went in in mid day! I kept my eyes peeled as i

slipped in toward my stand. Like i said it was pretty open except the thicket which would be on the other side of my stand from where i was comeing in. I got about 35 yards or so from my stand and glanced up. It was gone! I dont remember seeing it piled on the ground below, but it was not in the tree. I could see white all around where it

was like the bark had been scratched and clawed all to hell! And my bag was still hanging on that nail! I never looked back and to this day, i have not been back to that swamp. A few years after my little incident, it was all clear cut and part of that swamp was filled in. There are houses there now. I have told a few people about it, but i

usually have to drink a few to talk about it(like now ). Only one person has believed me but he wont tell me why. He also hunted the general area and i think he might have had a run in with something as well. Not really asking anyone to believe this, just thought i would tell it. I have "heard" of plenty more strange things around these parts but i'll save them for another day. Sorry to be so long winded but you ask for it...lol
I believe you. I would have said it was a bear, but the part where you said it picked up its feet and completely cleared the deep water kind of puts that idea to rest. It is my belief that there are species out there that are so rare that they have never been documented, such as sasquatch (The beast you encountered being another possible species). Laugh all you guys want, but with everything I have read on the subject, I believe the species known as sasquatch does indeed exist, albiet in very small numbers. For instance, there are stories and legends about sasquatch-like creatures in North America going back many hundreds of years, before the Europeans even discovered this continent.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:13 AM
72shane 72shane is offline
Hiker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 612
Thanks: 170
Thanked 587 Times in 220 Posts
Default

Im kinda split on the unknown. I know what happened in that swamp and i cant explain it but at the same time, with the millions of folks and trail cams out there, there should be pictures by now?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 72shane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 07:59 AM
raglan raglan is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 1,370
Thanks: 279
Thanked 599 Times in 345 Posts
Default

That is a wierd story. You probably did right by trusting your instincts. You were probably subconciously picking up sounds and smells. Thanks for sharing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raglan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 07:59 AM
raglan raglan is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NorthEast
Posts: 1,370
Thanks: 279
Thanked 599 Times in 345 Posts
Default

By the way I would have gone back in the morning with a shotgun and looked for tracks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raglan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 08:26 AM
lorky's Avatar
lorky lorky is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: central montana
Posts: 3,517
Thanks: 10,642
Thanked 8,978 Times in 2,654 Posts
Default

those gut fellings of something being wrong, being watched, or some unseen danger always freak me out. but i did have a strong sence to get the hell out dodge one day while sitting by little river deciding on fishing or not. i had just got my pack off and found a spot to sit when i had that odd felling of being watched from behind.
i got up and moved down stream about 400 yards to a spot where there was a larger clearing between the river and the taller brush and trees. i did not see or hear anything while walking, only some old deer tracks in some dried mud, but when i got to looking at a spot to sit for awhile i got that feeling again. i could see pretty good all around me (about 100 to 175 yards) and just thought that i being silly.

i ate some of my food that i brought and watched the area around me as i tried to figure out which lure to use. for awhile the feeling went away. i fished for about an hour (no luck) and i needed to go pee, so i stood up and walked back into the bush to take care of business. while standing there, that felling came back stronger than before. all i could hear was my **** hitting the ground. no birds, no wind, no little critters of any kind. i finished and walked back to my spot. as i got there i bent down to pick up my pole, and i heard my dads voice call my name out loud and clear, using a tone of voice that meant i was to do what he told me too, do it now and ask no questions.

my dad had passed away 3 years before.

like others have said, instantly every cell of my body was all keyed up. the area i was in is known to have bears, mountain lions, and wolves were just starting to make a come back, (s. e. washington ). but i had not seen any sign or heard from anyone else that they had been in that area for awhile.

i grabbed my stuff and packed my bag as quick as i could, this time i took my s&w 686p out of my pack that i brought as extra weight in the pack and for snakes and put it on my hip. normally i don't like to open carry like this.

as i put my pack on, that feeling of danger got even stronger. i started back to my truck the way i came in and froze solid after a few steps. i could not go back the way i came in. i stood there and listened and watched for about 10 minutes and heard nothing. the river was running slow, so it hardly made a sound. i looked all around me and every time i looked back up the trail i came in on i got more and more nervous. the trail looped around back to my truck, but it was about a 2 mile walk versus a 3/4 mile walk the way i came in.

so i went the long way back and when i got to my truck, something had been there and scratched it up pretty good on the drivers side and tail gate. i don't have a clue what it could have been because i was in a designated parking spot that had just been regravled. there were scuff marks but i could not find anything that looked like a print from a man or animal. that feeling of danger did not go away untill i had driven up to the top of the ridge and was just about back on to pavement.

when i did get to the t in road, there was a game warden and a sheriff deputy parked and talking there. they were kinda blocking the road as i pulled up and they got out and walked over to my truck to talk with me. the conversation started normally, i told them i was fishing with no luck down at the river, so i decided to come back and when i mentioned my truck had gotten all scratched up while parked, they got quiet, lost their smiles, and looked at each other. they asked what time i parked and which way i went up or down river and if i noticed anything around the parking lot. i said i saw some scuff in the gravel but nothing else. i did not say anything about weird feelings. again they looked at each other and said ok have a nice day and went and moved their trucks off the road.
this all happened between about 10 am to 3:30 pm. in late may of 2005. i never went back as i moved to spokane at the end of june. i would have just thought i was being paranoind being out there by myself. but the way those 2 cops acted made everything else feel even stranger. i would like to go back someday. but i'm gunna take a buddy along. and maybe my shotgun.

Last edited by lorky; 05-17-2009 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: spelling and grammer errors
Old 05-17-2009, 09:12 AM
KaBar67's Avatar
KaBar67 KaBar67 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 8,149
Thanks: 9,565
Thanked 7,407 Times in 3,465 Posts
Default

I have a few funny and scary expereinces. Dogs in the woods are always scary because they could be wild, and make so much noise in otherwise quiet woods.
I startled a turkey on time in NYS which flew from one tree to another as I tracked a blood trail, looking down for sign. Scared the heck out of me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaBar67 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 09:50 AM
diamond lil's Avatar
diamond lil diamond lil is offline
very very tired!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SCOTLAND
Posts: 1,204
Thanks: 779
Thanked 748 Times in 413 Posts
Default

I've never had anything like this in woods or outside but I know exactly what you're talking about . I had it in an office building I worked nightshift in. One floor, one part. Strongest feeling of eyes right on the back of your neck and imminent threat. I believe in ghosts (trainee medium LOL so I cant deny they exist) but I found it hard to stop shaking. I stalked through there as slow as I could with my head high and mentally told "it" to sod off and let me get on with my work.
But for you people who are in America, where there are large predators in the wilds, then that's a lot more serious. because nobody ever got mauled to death by a ghost !
Like somebody already said, this is a survival instinct mankind was born with and we need to listen to it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to diamond lil For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 AM
hank2222's Avatar
hank2222 hank2222 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,092
Thanks: 11,940
Thanked 2,670 Times in 1,463 Posts
Default

my little incounter was in the middle of washington state on a training mission in the military ..i have been in and out the woods all my life and never had a creepy typle feel more than that day when i was training..it seam to be tracking our partol movements..
when stop it stop and we move it moved with us..
could not help the feeling of being watched all the time when we where in the area next to the lake and the rangers that where chaseing us had the same feeling about the area when they went though it later on after us..
we where a 6 man recon partol and we had just got back from being down south in south americas dureing the drug wars watching drug labs and seaching for them and where used to moveing though heavy jungle like ghosts but when the ghost feel like there beening watch ,.it a stange feeling..knowing that something is outthere that is good as you in silent movement..
there was no sound at all dureing the time we where next to the lake and intill we moved off from the lake area did the sound of the woods return to normal..
later on when takeing to a lot of the guys that where stationed there they said that area give them the creeps and did not like to training there..
they used to keep live ammo in the pack for what was outthere in the woods..
Old 05-17-2009, 12:38 PM
MMII MMII is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 358
Thanks: 85
Thanked 608 Times in 185 Posts
Default

Quote:
...so i heard a loud crap about 20 feet behind me in the woods...
Garden Knight, I have to tell you that hearing a crap that loud would freak me out too.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Kregener's Avatar
Kregener Kregener is offline
Doomsayer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 4,049
Thanks: 627
Thanked 5,832 Times in 2,019 Posts
Default

Moral pygmies RUN America.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kregener For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 12:48 PM
oktx's Avatar
oktx oktx is offline
Tough Chick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 2,981
Thanks: 2,417
Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kregener View Post
Moral pygmies RUN America.
Creepiest story on this thread. Kregener ftw.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oktx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Maine Russian Maine Russian is offline
Cold Water Kayaker
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,834
Thanks: 1,479
Thanked 1,451 Times in 710 Posts
Default

Okay, I have one but it is not directly related to hunting or camping but it did make the hairs on my body stand straight up.

I was hitchhiking from Florida to New Jersey when I was picked up by a small flatbed truck somewhere in Georgia and getting on into the dark hours. The guy was very friendly and said he was just coming back from delivering tomatoes from his farm in NC. I was a Hippie and he was an average hardworking Bible believing man of the land but we got along well.

Anyway, during those days there was no Interstate 95, just good ole Route 1. The stretch along Georgia/South Carolina was quite sparse then. There was nothing but smallish scrub pines for miles on end, no houses lit and nothing moving on the road but us. Sometime around 3:00am there was a sudden burst of white light followed by two more bursts spaced about 1 second apart. Everything lit up with a brightness I never experienced till then or after. The shadows came directly down meaning that whatever caused the flashes was directly above us. No noise. None but for the sound of the truck. I stuck my head out the window and saw nothing. (The flashes also partially blinded me so my vision wasn't the greatest). There were no clouds or rain so it wasn't lightning. For some reason I asked the guy to stop but he just floored that old truck and didn't say a word until daylight.

I have no idea what caused those flashes but I still get goosebumps to this day thinking about it.
.
.

Last edited by Maine Russian; 05-17-2009 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 05-17-2009, 01:20 PM
NHCraigT's Avatar
NHCraigT NHCraigT is offline
Prepared in NH
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Backwoods of NH
Age: 50
Posts: 12,661
Thanks: 2,550
Thanked 4,958 Times in 3,149 Posts
Default

http://gcbro.com/recent.htm


________________________________________________
Poop is a weapon…. monkeys use it….. aim for the eyes
Old 05-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Foxer Foxer is offline
hunter-gatherer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 751
Thanks: 76
Thanked 587 Times in 275 Posts
Default

We get a lot of sasquatch sightings around here. In fact, it's illegal to shoot one if you see one Although i always thought that law was passed just to make sure my buddy gatehouse didn't get plugged first thing in the morning on his way to dip his head in a lake.... (big boy that one. )
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxer For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
backpacking, camping, ghost, hiking, stories



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net