Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Make California America Again Gator Monroe Political News and Discussion 99 02-19-2017 01:21 PM
California - The Rise of the ONE PARTY STATE mauser6863 Political News and Discussion 38 12-07-2016 12:50 PM
California to regulate cow farts BytheRivers General Discussion 76 12-04-2016 12:40 PM
For you preppers in California Revelations 8 Military Weapons Forum 5 11-10-2016 02:24 PM

Old 01-11-2017, 06:55 AM
spoonmaster

Thanked 60,081 Times in 13,630 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by john thebaptist View Post
Feel blessed I live in a pretty much floodless part of the bay
Thank you for your updates. It's nice to have some one who lives there who is giving us first hand information. Please keep giving us updates and stay safe. By the way, what part of the Bay Area do you live in?
The Following User Says Thank You to brewmaster1918 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 10:26 AM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 19,034 Times in 6,277 Posts

You complain about the drought and when you get rain, you complain about that too... LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to America's Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM
spoonmaster

Quote:
Feel blessed I live in a pretty much floodless part of the bay
Hey John, you seem really religious. Have you been to Religion section yet? These boards are great and they have a wide variety of forums.

Old 01-11-2017, 11:46 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,058 Posts

Trees that died during the drought are dropping. I have many in my field. There is an oak which is 3-4 ft diameter laying across a fence. several local lakes are full and overflowing. Some areas are getting a much needed flushing, but some area which need to be cared for a being impacted. friends are sending pictures of their flooded pastures, barns and homes. I wonder if the state will wake up and begin to build dams and flood control projects. Also wonder how many will be looking for federal handouts.
The Following User Says Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Semper Fi - Do or Die

Well I am late to the thread since I drove yesterday from Northern Humboldt County down Hwy 101 to Santa Rosa and back (thru Humboldt/ Mendocino/ and Sonoma Counties) while picking up my sweetie at the Santa Rosa airport on an almost 500 mile road trip during the heavy rains.

In my 4X4 truck I encountered no major problems driving the highway, but there was some ponding of water on the pavement at times. Yet the watersheds along the way were at high water levels, and were rising in the few hours between driving down South and then driving North on the way home. These included the Eel River, Russian River, and many creeks which were contained in their banks.

Yet there were many problems in areas such as Guerneville and Santa Rosa which had flooding near their lower reaches in the flat lands when high tides occurred. In my County - Ferndale is cut off due to the lower Eel River leaving it's banks and covering the road (Hwy 211).

I have satellite TV and receive the Bay Area TV channels/ news from almost 300 miles South of here which are showing some moderate flooding, but they are playing it up as if folks need to quickly build an Ark for the impeding catastrophe. At least the news is saying that the Northwestern Corner of Coastal California where I reside is now no longer in a drought.

Those who want more water projects willl encounter the tree huggers who will raise a stink on protecting salmon and other aquatic species that they consider endangered. I ran into that a lot during my career while working in fisheries.

Here are a few links to a local story of flooding on the Eel River, and it has a pic of a flood about 100 years ago. The best thing I would recommend is not to build in an area where it has flooded in the past!

By the way the rains have stopped, and here at my place at 1,800 feet above sea level above the coast I can see some blue skies. Plus it is supposed to be clear for the next few days allowing the water level to drop.

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2017/ja...road-ferndale/

http://kymkemp.com/2017/01/11/hwy-21...at-fernbridge/

http://kymkemp.com/2017/01/11/weathe...ads-wednesday/

Last edited by radiofish; 01-11-2017 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 01-11-2017, 08:28 PM

No rain today yet Bay Area ca. Berkeley/oakland.clear this morning Mostly cloudy afternoon-evening. No I haven't been to the religion section thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to john thebaptist For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 PM
spoonmaster

Quote:
No rain today yet Bay Area ca. Berkeley/oakland.clear this morning Mostly cloudy afternoon-evening. No I haven't been to the religion section thanks.
OK John, I hope you stay dry. It's good to see someone in Berkeley who is religious.

I have a couple of friends who live in the Bay Area. Their names are Don and Tom.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:53 AM

Lots of religious people around here, lots of the Christian population that go to cal are Asian. Nice to know there are people on here too. Clear all day until about 10 hasn't stopped raining since. I went to Tilden regional park today and watched the runoff from jewel lake it was intense full on raging waterfall. I tried to upload vids to no avail.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:00 AM
spoonmaster

Quote:
Lots of religious people around here, lots of the Christian population that go to cal are Asian. Nice to know there are people on here too. Clear all day until about 10 hasn't stopped raining since. I went to Tilden regional park today and watched the runoff from jewel lake it was intense full on raging waterfall. I tried to upload vids to no avail.
I love that area. I'm glad to see that the Jewel Puddle is getting some water. Don and Tom hang out there all the time. The Jewel Puddle almost went away. i bet you're glad you're getting this rain.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2015/09/1...d-to-a-puddle/
Old 01-12-2017, 07:56 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,153 Posts

Its coming down now, Bigly
Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 8,363 Times in 4,188 Posts

Multiple major storms keep coming. They are lined up for the future. Can you say drought buster? Local rivers and drainages have crested over major flood stage. Most of the damage has been predicted and minimized by excellent flood forecasting. Swift water rescue teams have an ominous presence.

I am already planning some boat and fishing trips. We have not seen this much water in 10 years. Some ski resorts cannot run their lifts until they dig them out. Ten feet of snow in one storm.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,509 Times in 3,627 Posts

I just heard a PSA from the state on the radio reminding us to conserve water. As usual California government is on top of things.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,058 Posts

Just saw pictures of mountain roads that have been washed out where I like to hunt and fish. One thing to have water, another to be able to get there. Remember the drought has killed a lot of trees, 40-60% in our county. many of those trees are falling. I have trees across the creek, across my fences.... Many are large trees 2-4' in diameter. Of course that is summer firewood cutting. Yosemite down the road from us has reopened some of its roads. others are blocked by slides. Emergency shelter has opened in Oakhurst to house the evacuees from North Fork. I'm assuming the many people's BOL is the community shelter.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Certified Organic Grower

Location: Retired California Commercial Certified Organic Grower - time to go fishing
Thanked 9,172 Times in 2,982 Posts

I just discovered a new lake forming out on the back forty.
It is not obstructing the grow, and appears to be forming away from the crop.
If it continues to rain as it is, I may end up with a new lake that is twice the size of my man made contraption.
I'll take whatever I can and be grateful.
Coming down by the bucket right now.
I forgot how nice the rain sounds...
Attached Thumbnails
randythefool.jpg  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftCoast Grower For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 04:28 PM

Very sunny ATM but lots of clouds
Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Warning! Old Fart...

Thanked 21,475 Times in 5,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
Multiple major storms keep coming. They are lined up for the future. Can you say drought buster? Local rivers and drainages have crested over major flood stage. Most of the damage has been predicted and minimized by excellent flood forecasting. Swift water rescue teams have an ominous presence.

I am already planning some boat and fishing trips. We have not seen this much water in 10 years. Some ski resorts cannot run their lifts until they dig them out. Ten feet of snow in one storm.
A heavy snow pack bodes well for the coming summer.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:06 PM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 19,034 Times in 6,277 Posts

Pretty soon the San Joaquin river is going to overflow it's banks. When it does, that endangered fishy they have been trying to save is going to gain ownership of your land due to imminent domain. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to America's Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRyan View Post
For 10 years the (smart) people have been saying we need to invest in more reservoirs and means to collect the water when it comes but Jerry Brown and Liberals have been to busy wasting money on illegals. Since everything is cyclical we'll be in a drought again in 10 years and nothing will have been done.

Sent from a Galaxy S5 far far away.
Send 5 million "new" residents home and will be plenty of water (and freeways).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 08:41 PM
spoonmaster

Quote:
Very sunny ATM but lots of clouds
Hey John, I'll be at the Grizzly Bar and Grill tomorrow night, if you want to meet and have a drink. We can talk about Jesus. I'm thinking about changing my name to Pontius Pilote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:20 PM

I have a bible group dinner tomorrow night at 6 can't drink when attending bible meetings