**Ladies Section** Ready to check out - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Official* Hurricane Matthew Thread - Gut check time for FL, GA and both Carolinas Justme11 Manmade and Natural Disasters 791 11-08-2016 06:20 PM
Check your voter registration! HMM Political News and Discussion 22 10-26-2016 03:49 PM
Adams Arms Carbine 5.56mm 16" 30 Rd Gas Piston Optics Ready from $749.99 wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 10-24-2016 08:14 PM
Are you ready? workquik General Discussion 47 10-14-2016 06:47 PM

Old 11-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Dog Whisperer

Advertise Here

You have my sympathy Batty - maybe it's something in the stars. The last 2 days around here have been awful. Same sort of lunatic rantings as you described.

Today I almost walked out of my job. Told my boss when I was leaving for lunch that I wasn't coming back today. He talked me down, and agreed to put me in a position with fewer crazies to deal with.
The Following User Says Thank You to TobyDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Outlander Territory

Thanked 5,704 Times in 2,233 Posts

Only thing crazy around here was the weather. 70* on Monday, 17* today with a major snow storm in between. I was wishing I'd moved south this year instead of planning for next year!
Old 11-24-2016, 06:54 PM

I feel the same way. I can't stand society and I'm sorry to admit, but I just don't play nice with people. I can't stand the psychotic aggressive ones, the entitled ones, the greedy ones. Just...BE NICE TO OTHERS OK?! It's seriously not that hard. I know there are good people out there, however it just seems that for every decent soul, there's fifty god awful people. I try to understand and be sympathetic towards those rotten people, but holy moose do they make it hard to be likeable. That and I don't tend to fit in with modern society when most people are shallow and seem to enjoy being stuck in their own little world of reality tv, who's breaking up, their new purses, etc. Which is why I focus on more long term primitive living. If **** doesn't hit the fan in the next few years, great. But I still want to get away from a broken society by disappearing into the wilderness. At least trees aren't *******s. Trees are nice to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForestSoul For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Senior Jr Member

I am an Introvert. I am drained by crowds, prefer one on one discussions and don't enjoy parties, will step up if leadership is needed (but only short term), and need quiet time to recharge. I sometimes wonder if many Preppers especially those living Off the Grid or that even just want to, are Introverts. Anyone ever done a survey on that?
We all realize that Society is full of all kinds of people and some days you meet more of the Trash than the Class. You never know what that nasty person's day/week /month/year has been like. I try not to put labels on others, but the Group that I would call 'Takers' tend to be the rudest/nastiest, and if they have children I wonder what those poor kids are dealing with at home. Those of us that are Christian are told to shine a light into the darkness. I do get worn down too, but try daily to brighten someone's day. Can't do that alone up on your mountaintop. I hear yoga is helpful to overcome stress. Just having to plan for SHTF times is stressful. Maybe others can share how they deal with staying upbeat in a trashed world.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suebeedo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2016, 08:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,530 Times in 2,217 Posts

We moved from downtown Orlando, FLorida, to the middle of nowhere with the nearest Walmart over half an hour away and the only people we talk to regularly are a few Amish and the farmers down the road where I milk my cow. I totally love it and would rather die than go back to living in a horrible large city like Orlando, and have a regular office job. Husband wants to go back to church but I really don't feel like it. I just like to stay here and take care of our animals and ride the horse up and down the dirt road. Went to the larger city around here yesterday ( hour away, had to get some things not available closer) and I hated it, the traffic, the people, the parking lots and all. Yuck! And this is a very small city compared to Orlando.
The Following User Says Thank You to sonya1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Raving Loony

Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,470 Posts

You're not the only one. Other than school functions, the grocery store (about 2x a month for fresh things when the garden's out, plus the weekly milk run), and the occasional visit to a dwindling number of friends and family, I don't leave home for people-y things. It's not a good use of my time and energy, and it seems like every week a new mass shooting pops up somewhere.

Wish we were set up to where I could almost never leave. Even Hubby is starting to talk about the wisdom of being far, far from people with a small group of like-minded individuals.

Other than out of respect for him and fear of what would happen if my knowledge or health failed (kids and all that), I'd be gone by now. If it weren't for him and the kids, I'd probably be loving like a wild animal.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:59 PM

Sometimes I feel that way. But when I am forced to stay at home (weather related) then it can get a little hard. Most of the time i am totally content to stay home!
Old 01-09-2017, 01:23 PM

I guess I have already checked out. Did a personality test I found on the internet and it said I was in the rare 6% of the population rated as "intelligent introvert." Was glad to know I am at least considered intelligent....... not crazy
The Following User Says Thank You to Morning - Glory For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,608 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning - Glory View Post
Did a personality test I found on the internet and it said I was in the rare 6% of the population rated as "intelligent introvert."
Six percent of the population would be a little more than 1 out of every 17 people. You have to wonder who decided something occurring that frequently should be described as "rare".
The Following User Says Thank You to NY Min For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2017, 09:51 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,479 Times in 419 Posts

During the kids' Christmas 17 day break I left my property a total of 4 times. It was fantastic!
Old 01-11-2017, 01:34 AM

I have been wanting to go away for years, I haven't been off the property in about 3 wks. Hubby goes out about every day so for small things at the store he picks up on his way home. Just yesterday I was talking to my best friend and she said she finally got it and she was ready to go for the hills too, glad I will have company!
The Following User Says Thank You to mommahen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 12:49 AM
VIP Member

Very new to this forum, but I have to say, I only leave home to get supplies every week or two. I'm so happy to just stay home. I have the luxury of working from home and using the internet to ply my wares, so hermitage is looking good.

If I can ever get to the point that I don't need to leave here for supplies, I'll most likely never be seen in polite company again!
The Following User Says Thank You to DawnT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2017, 10:28 AM

I would say if that ever happened again I would pull my phone out and start recording. If anything that would more then likely end it and she would leave or you would have evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batty View Post
So ready to call it quits on society today.

Got screamed at last night by a crazy irrational parent. (I work at my kids school, after school club advisor) Parent was ****ed over something her kid said I had said/done. When I tried to explain what had actually happened, she accused me of calling her kid a liar. At one point during her tirade, I even asked if I could finish my sentence or did she just want to keep yelling. Keep yelling was her response. She obviously had no intention of a rational discussion, only her opinion mattered.

She threatened to have me fired, was verbally abusive and attempted to intimidate me. Oh, and yelled at me for "smirking" at her. When really I was just clenching my jaw in an attempt to hold in my temper to avoid punching her in her ****ing face!

DH and I had a serious discussion about pulling our kids out of school and me quitting my job. I do not get paid enough to deal with this ****.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:18 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,479 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by epr25 View Post
I would say if that ever happened again I would pull my phone out and start recording. If anything that would more then likely end it and she would leave or you would have evidence.
Thankfully there were several witnesses. And the event is over so I no longer have to treat her with a parent/school employee relationship. Next time will be much for fun for one of us.