Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm going into the woods if SHTF, and will live off the land. Chrysalis Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 325 08-11-2016 01:15 PM
Ever wonder about them people who wanna live in the woods? Carolina Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 31 03-06-2016 10:54 AM
I want to live in the woods forever. TracyLynn New Member Introduction 36 03-31-2015 11:53 PM
a four year old in the woods... Cool Hand Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 15 10-18-2013 08:25 PM
Live Biblically for a Year Apoc Tek Religious Discussion 15 02-14-2013 10:03 PM
Can you get your gun license if you live in the woods.. TwentyTwelve Firearms General Discussion 38 12-16-2012 09:15 AM
Looking to Live Off Grid 3 year plan questions RedBadger Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 16 06-28-2012 02:42 PM
How long could you live in the woods? Hick Industries Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 62 06-16-2012 02:06 AM
Banker can't live on $350K a year OldWolf General Discussion 61 03-14-2012 09:11 PM
Runner Finds 2-year-old Boy in Michigan Woods IdahoGard'ner General Discussion 13 11-10-2011 08:52 AM

Old 10-19-2016, 11:57 PM

Advertise Here

Promise I'm going back to read every post on this thread. For now just let me say I have survived in central america 150 miles from the nearest outhouse, much less running water, for 6 months at a time. Brand new to the survivalist community and wanting to learn a lot. But as far as bugs, sleeping on the ground, purifying water, etc. I don't think I'd have a problem.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:04 AM
See you in my Scope

Thanked 5,744 Times in 1,495 Posts

This is such an individual choice and success will be based on nothing more than your will to be there. Nothing more.
I've learned a lot in my life. The most important is this, "if it has been done, it can be done."

Peace.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 02:21 PM

I went almost 5 weeks in the woods. almost died!! Would be down to do it again now I know what I need to survive

Old 01-11-2017, 11:30 PM
VIP Member

I'm new to this forum, but this thread reached out and grabbed me.

We live "out", and have for many years. Started with just the raw land. No running water (other than the creek that runs by), electricity or any abode other than a tent for three years. I miss it so much. We've built a structure, have running water and electricity now. It's kind of a burden. I spend far more time outside, in one of the gardens or with the chickens or whatever than I do indoors. Happy to be here, and hello to all. Always more to learn and share.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DawnT For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baeten4 View Post
I have been searching and trying to find people with some knowledge for backpacking the country.

I have plenty of supplies that could be easily replenished but being charged to pitch a tent or to pick up and use dead branches for firewood seems alittle ridiculous. Yes i get don't cut down trees that are alive duh but come on it's dead and needs cleaned up anyway why charge someone for tidying up.

I would like to know of locations or good maps showing all of the free spots to pitch a tent and actually camp while I hike across this country. Any information would be highly appreciated.
Once you find your way to the west, you can stay on any National Forest Service ground or BLM land for 14 days, then you have to move someplace else. These lands are well depicted on local maps and there is a lot of it west of the Mississippi.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:56 PM

I want to do this.

Well, not for a year, and not alone, and not without a marginally good reason. I’m hoping to get on a Russian reality TV show that’ll send 30 people to spend 9 months on a 1000-hectare island on the River Ob, Tomsk Oblast, in the Siberian Taiga. Those of us who can handle the bears, the wolves, the -40 degree winter, each other, (and the mice and insects, which is what really scares me) and who don’t tap out or die by April of next year will get a total prize of 100,000,000 rubles (which ain't that much if you consider the 30-way split and the chunk that the IRS will take, but still worth doing methinks).

More information:
https://game2winter.ru
https://game2winter.ru/pravila
https://game2winter.ru/chad-bagwell
https://youtu.be/xvtwHIpNuFA

If anyone can offer advice for how a sunburned Alabama boy can come back from Gulag Country in one piece, I’d be very happy to hear it.