Molle / Alice Gear

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ZigMund 
#1 ·
Most of my equipment is old school
alice / lce web gear.

Can i use molle pouches on
my LCE ?

#2 ·
yes but you will have to thread the molle straps through the pouch a bit different then you would attaching it to a molle platform.

I actually suggest that you look in to a molle style LBE if that is what you like.

Reactions: cloak-n-dagger
#5 ·
Alice has served me well over the
years and would rather not buy a new setup. That money could be well spent
on other items...
Before you rule out a new MOLLE vest, consider item MOLLE-434 from Cheaper Than Dirt as a cost-effective alternative:

http://cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE434-41864-1977.html

The quality is surprisingly good -- even more so at the low price of $22 -- and the adjustable fit is good for guys slightly above average or smaller in size.

#4 ·
Check out Tactical Tailor, mush better then mill issue stuff but still affordable.
Tactical Tailor uses MALIC clips to attach molle, I replaced the old Alice clips with MALICE clips and it is much more comfortable. You will have to go over the belt much like a giant belt loop you wont be able to use the holes on the belt. There is an adapter that lets you use ALICE pouches with molle but not the other way around.

#6 ·
the thing I love about MOLLE pouches is that they can readily be used with my duty belt. My twin mag pouch is MOLLE. as is the shotshell carrier. (which I don't typically rig to my belt unless I'm on patol with my shotgun)

#7 ·
I would sooner have the ALICE gear then the gear from Cheaper then dirt. The CTD gear is junk, save your pennies and get something quality for just a Little bit more.

#8 ·
With respect, that cheap $22 CTD junk vest (it was $17 when I bought it) has stood up to two solid years of heavy loads, scrambling, belly crawling, and slides playing woods paintball almost every weekend without a sign of wear. It is of the same construction and manufacture as identical vests sold by some tactical supply vendors at several times the price. Maybe if I were on a SWAT team or military deployment where I had a substantial budget and my @$$ was on the line every day I'd by Blackhawk or another top-of-the-line brand, but for a budget-conscious prepper who wants an option to ALICE LBE with more flexibility for a better tactical loadout, it's probably a product someone could bet his life one for at least a few weeks or months of SHTF, if not the absolute end of the world. Besides, smart survivors are going to be laying low instead of fighting every day after societal collapse; by the time you have worn out that junk vest, you should have neutralized another party with better gear and commandeered it! :cool:

#9 ·
Like I said, I would sooner use the ALICE gear as I would CTD, yes the CTD molle may last a decent length of time. Alice gear will be both durable and built with enough quality to insure a reliable product. I have a large stack of Condor brand and CTD tactical gear, some worked some did not, but I am always far more impressed and far more satisfied with a quality product. Believe it or not you don't pay that much more for quality then you do for the CTD gear, and many years later I still have the quality gear.

#10 ·
The ideas are great guys but
i was only looking for a pouch
for a m18.....I have never liked
the idea of having it lashed to
the outside of a piece of my gear.

It screams accident either i
accidentally had the pin pulled or
i accidentlly lost it.

I had hoped that i could get a
pouch for 10.00-20.00 and be
done with it and move on to other
preps.

Never really been into vests and
the only ones that i like are the
SRU-21/p survival vest and the
TAC-V1-NU made by eagle and still
think the eagle vest is missing
something. ( holster ? )

If i go with molle and get the vest
that lilc recommends i would still
have to get all the pouches + holster
and other stuff.

Im not sure but all that sounds like
a couple hundred bucks.

YES / NO ?

If so that couple hundred would be
better spent on other preps.

#11 ·
There are alice to molle adapters, and I would guess that there may be ones that work the opposite way. I really do understand your fear. The last thing you need is to pop and M18, lose concealment, and get burned to hell while trying to maneuver in tight spaces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.