Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Ladies Section
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here

Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdode View Post
I didn't know a doctor had the solution to sweat. Is there a pill or something?

What about attaching pads to the armpits of clothing? You could make your own pads to custom fit various shirts, tops and attach them with velcro. Make them with cotton next to the skin and a nonporous fabric next to the shirt.
Pads would work, the most common problem is a chemical reaction with your sweat and the deodorant you're using. Rarely, you could have a bacteria on your skin that is causing it.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Traveller

I've been learning how to farm and garden. Living in a farming community, I find there are plenty of people who are willing to share their first-hand knowledge.

I also want to learn how to can, both meats and vegetables, and how to make homemade jam.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,447 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKraken View Post
You need to use straight ammonia on the stain before laundering it. Then hand wash in cool (not ice cold) water with a detergent like Tide.

If you are getting sweat stains, you really need to talk to your doctor. Sweat should not stain under normal circumstances, and there's no reason to live with it.
Oh, it's not armpit stains. It's just from working hard. I will try the ammonia.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Default shooting practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRidingFences View Post
I want to learn to shoot! I don't know the first thing about guns. I have never actually even SEEN a gun. How lame is that? But I've done my research and I know what I'm going to buy. I know how much ammo I am going to get. I just have no clue how to actually shoot, or even how to go about learning. That is my next project.
Very very important skill to learn. I've actually been getting myself to the range a lot more than usual lately. I want to be able to defend my family. My husband is a great shot, but cannot always be around.

I'm pretty good with my glock 17. I can load my mag and drop it with one hand quick. Need to get faster at it. Develop muscle memory so you dont have to think about it..

After you learn how to shoot a target straight..then you need to learn how to shoot in a stressful situation. because the bad guys are not going to stand still like a target. would like to take some kinda of class for that like you run drop and shoot, run etc. That is when it really matters...when your hands are shaking, adrenaline rushing...you still have to be able to fire straight. I haven't found anyone to teach me that yet tho.

I'm not as comfortable with my rifle or AR - but I need to get better.
Handgun is just a backup weapon. I should be more efficient with my rifle.
I need a lotta practice there...If only I had more free time!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Elizabeth A. Davis

hubby is wanting me to learn more about guns. not my favorite topic. i have my ccw and can shoot. he wants me to at least learn about reloading and such. i see where that will be handy, but it's not really my bag. i'm more into gardening, canning, dehydrating, sewing, etc. i do want to learn myself about holistic medicine and that. i used to be an emt and him a paramedic, so good in the first aid department too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eadavis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2013, 03:18 PM
?

Thanked 1,583 Times in 645 Posts

Just shot a semi auto for the first time. My brother's new AR-15. Loved it!!! Shot some tight groups!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allye For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Elizabeth A. Davis

in reference to first aid and such, hubby led me to this site on youtube
ThePatriotNurse's channel. has 109 videos on everything medical related.
The Following User Says Thank You to eadavis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Red Dot Patrol

Thanked 3,682 Times in 1,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
hubby is wanting me to learn more about guns. not my favorite topic. i have my ccw and can shoot. he wants me to at least learn about reloading and such. i see where that will be handy, but it's not really my bag. i'm more into gardening, canning, dehydrating, sewing, etc. i do want to learn myself about holistic medicine and that. i used to be an emt and him a paramedic, so good in the first aid department too.
If he wants you to learn all about gun powder, reloading shells, etc., then tell him that you'll learn to do it if he will learn to can food or construct a winter coat.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdode For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh1701 View Post
Oh, it's not armpit stains. It's just from working hard. I will try the ammonia.
it could the aluminium salts in your deo reacting with your sweat, which don't fully dissolve when you wash - so try to find ones without aluminium in, or use spray rather than stick/roll on. If you can't find those, or don't like them (it's the aluminium that is actually the antiperspirant) then wash your shirts on the highest heat setting they can handle. I have read somewhere that meat tenderiser can work if you rub it into the stains :/ although I haven't tried it.

If it's a problem with excessive sweating, you can get this stuff called Driclor which you put on while you sleep then wash off in the morning and apply your normal deo. I had a friend that used it and he said it was really good.

Hope it helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holly2c For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,447 Times in 762 Posts

Having better luck on the sewing. Got a small crafting machine to help with my quilt projects. (I don't make big ones, just center pieces and things like that.) It seems to work a lot better than the bigger one, and is a lot less touchy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emh1701 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Elizabeth A. Davis

Good idea about him learning canning and sewing but I have to admit he knows the basics. He can even darn socks.
The Following User Says Thank You to eadavis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,455 Times in 1,505 Posts

I always wanted to shoot.
My first date with a certain guy was skeet shooting. I got 8 out of 10 with his shotgun.
Not bad for a first time.
Then
Before I met DH, a guy I used to date took me out and let me shoot his hand guns at a tree stump 15-20 ft away. That stump was gone is not time! LOL I asked him if I should back up some more, and he said if you ever need to shoot someone, this is where you want to be.

and that's all I got.
DH has guns, though, so I'll probably practice some more.
To me, a gun is just another tool, and one that's fairly important to master.

Still need to learn to clean, butcher, and feild dress critters. Know nothing about that.

Took a Motorcycle class last spring, and got my license.
Need more practice on that.

and need to learn bee keeping, chicken raising, canning and more gardening stuff.

Plan to start learnin it all [not finish it all but start] when we get moved to our new home [wherever that may be]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATST For This Useful Post: