Survivalist Forum banner

The Walking Dead

23K views 201 replies 77 participants last post by  jimbo082 
#1 ·
Is it just me or is season 2 dragging? I can see it now. Since the budget has been cut in half, the kid will spend all season in bed while the doc tries to dig all the bullet fragments out, all the while the kid is bleeding internally. The group spends all season between the highway and the farmhouse looking for the little girl who got lost the 150 feet between the highway and the stream. I don't know about anyone else on here but this season needs to start getting interesting and quick.

#2 ·
your right.... and they have more then 6 episodes to do, and have to do bring out the history of the characters.

They are at a FEMA camp... kids been shot girls is lost... black guy has a infection... and a hoard of zombies is near by. Maybe they should get resident evil chick to just end this problem in 2 hours.

#49 ·
Great fiction show, but plenty of flaws....

How many empty cars does an idiot drive saying they don't have enough gas before they realize they can siphon gas?

Screw that RV thing......they are way too attached to it.

That old bastage takes my pistol, he is zombie food
They can get fuel, but it's not like you think. Newer cars (past decade+) have a "check ball" inside the filler of the tank. Incase of roll over the ball goes down, stopping fuel from pouring out. Now, they could cut through under the tank w/ a saw-zall or puncture it and let it drain out.

That's not even a Sentence.:confused::confused:
LOL!!

and your point would be......

The Doc has a barn full of zombies....should be fun.
What do you mean?? Spoiler alert or what? I can't see a vet experimenting on walkers, it's not exactly any doc's forte' -to be a researcher all of a sudden.:confused:

To be candid (yes, the ole AK - AR15 argument), I'd think for a presicion shot to the head, I'd rather have a 223 over a 308 for merely accuracy sake.
I wanted Otis to say "yes it's a .22. BUT I have 2k in ammo and can knock the wings off a fly!!! .22MBR!!!!! YEAH!!!!:thumb:

#18 ·
We have a show that comes on here right after TWD and it is like a comentary on the show. Last night the writers were on for an interview and the host asked that same question (we have all been wondering). The writers said that the issue would be addressed this season, so we shall see.
Don't forget the blond chick no one will give a gun too - she killed that walker in the RV and splatter was all in her eyes and mouth.....

#14 ·
I was noticing that they are all driving old vehicles. 80's and older. I'd be tracking me down a hummer or such like in Zombie Land.

Also, when they went to the CDC, they past by a hundred M-16/M-4's and 50 cal's. Even when the crips kidnapped the Asian kid because they took the shot guns. The sheriff past by a bunch of 50 cal's the army left. Those would do allot more damage than any dam shot gun!

Allot of flaws in the show, but I am truly enjoying it. I just try avoiding to critique it too much....

#19 ·
I agree with the problem of zombie guts everywhere and nobody getting infected. Even if it wasn't a huge deal if on your skin it surely would be if in your eyes, nose, mouth. Other than that I'm liking the series so far. Last nights episode was a little slow but it seemed to be more about showcasing the dissension and separation among the group. If the next episode doesn't pick it up then I will be unhappy.

#23 ·
I also wonder why they haven't snagged some more military equipment in downtown Atlanta, outside the CDC and at that FEMA camp. This is particularly odd in that Rick had the sense to get the Sheriff's arms locker before leaving to look for his family. A few M4/16 weapons would seem like a good option for all forms of opposition.

And yes, why not grab a couple of Hummers and another truck for a rolling supply depot? Will they eventually clean out that hospital and set up an OR/clinic at the Green's? Establish more of a defensive position by putting some obstacles in place which funnel walkers into a well-defined kill zone? Board up those lower windows securely (bars and screening w/bolts & screws for instance) while they have the time?

Ah well, easy for us to kibbutz and quarterback how we would do it. The writers are doing quite a job with the concept and the producers are to be congratulated for getting the project going.

#24 ·
I'd be looking for military decoy grenades (my COD kicking in). Seems like these guys are easily manipulated by noise and having a flash/bang or decoy grenade would basically give you free run, I would think. And to think a 50 CAL wouldn't mow down 90% is a script hole IMHO. Without the military getting fired back on, I just don't see how they could be overrun but mindless zombies. DAM... I'm critiquing again!

#32 ·
So far I like this season better than the first. I think they are getting better at cliff hangers.

If I were them, I would snag a small fleet of newer more fuel efficient cars left on the highway. A couple of puddle jumpers and two 4x4's to do the heavy lifting. I would also be on the lookout for a gas tanker. That would be part of my rolling fleet. :thumb:

I would also be doing a better job at snagging more clothing and all the nice things in life. After all, there is hardly anyone left.

How in the heck are Shane and Otis going to break out of that zombie prison that they got themselves into?

I think T-Dog has got the zombie virus. I think it has mutated somehow. We still don't know what the doctor at the CDC whispered in Rick's ear before they left. :eek:

Did you guys like the product placement for Gerber knives and tools in the season opener?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.