Survivalist Forum banner

The Walking Dead

5K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  alisium 
#1 ·
Just seen an ad on TV for a six-part mini series "The Walking Dead", some sort of post-zombie-apocalypse show. Looks like it'll be ok, but since it's American I thought I'd ask if any of you Yanks on here has seen it and has an opinion on it.

#7 ·
Great show, first time I bought a Bluray set and was even more impressed. I kind of lost a little bit of interest in each episode as the season concluded however. I know it's a market nitch that has never been explored, i.e. a zombie miniseries. But only six episodes! The second season better have double or triple.

#13 ·
good show can't wait for the second season

#14 ·
I just finished reading the graphic novels, highly recommend them. The mini series follows fairly close to the books so far, but can't see it continuing. It is just to graphic. Lots of sex, decapitations of arms and legs (on the living), kids killing kids, weird survivors mutilating and torturing, raping, and eating the living. sad too.

#15 ·
Well, this Yank thought it was well worth watching. No spoilers, but it does address some very interesting problems that survivors will face.

Always good to watch fictional survival shows to contrast your real world preps. Good learning tool plus, this show is just plain fun to watch.

Like many American shows (24, etc.) it's actually a soap opera with guns, so there's some side dramas, but hey, that's what makes it fun.

#16 ·
I am not personally given to anything with "Zombies" but though this show was good, less the flesh-eaters. Change out zombies for the flu, or some type of attack in the US and it would be better in my opinion. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. I will watch the second season if it comes out.

Dave

#18 ·
Yea I've seen it and loved it. Read the comic book that it was based on before it came out to. Its a little more Drama heavy then your typical Z flick. I feel sorry for the cast and crew filming in the humid south, should of done it in Canada lol. Other then that it does pretty well for a TV show, doesn't pull its punches either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.