Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Farming, Gardening & Homesteading
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Farming, Gardening & Homesteading Country lifestyle, homesteading and living off the grid.

Advertise Here

Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Get off my ice.

Thanked 24,237 Times in 6,191 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJohn View Post
80-90% reduction would be nice
It would, as long as it's not me or mine. I'm betting everyone feels the same way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve28 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Go Forward With Courage.

Thanked 6,658 Times in 2,186 Posts
Default Agenda 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimindtrick View Post
It would be a shame if his family didn't just go hungry and then let .gov feed them at taxpayer's expense. Orlando man's front yard garden.
While the Orlando man's garden is not as beautiful as this Canadian's front yard garden, hopefully he'll have a similar outcome to his case!
Thank Obama. They passed The Food Modernization Act

Just keep telling yourselves we are free.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 10 Bears For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Ask me about Agenda 18

Thanked 29,886 Times in 7,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatman View Post
I may have to go back and read that article because I did not read where it said anything of the sort. I read that it was the city pushing the issue and so I inferred that is was some sort of city ordinance.

I think He needs to try and change the ordinance myself. We need stronger property rights not weaker. This seems like a good time to make a move towards change for him and his fellow citizens.
And predicate his rights on the whims of the majority? Every time he wants his rights, he needs to get the approval of 51% of the population?

This is how we lose our rights, by constantly seeking validation from others. In so doing, we concede to them the power to rescind our rights on a whim.

No, what he really needs to do is shoot anyone who tries to mow down his garden. Like that woman in Tulsa, OK, should have done. A few of those incidents, and these control-freak pander-monkeys will stop infringing on peoples' rights.

As an aside, fescue will go down in history as the plant that killed America.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 07:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,893 Posts

He may be in violation of a home owners agreement and would be contract bound to maintain a nice yard.
If so he had to have signed it or bought in a area with those zoning rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,261 Times in 528 Posts

No HOA, just city regs
Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 AM
An Awesome Dude

Thanked 3,032 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quite stupid indeed!!! -- Its sickening
The Following User Says Thank You to Dude111 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,261 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
He may be in violation of a home owners agreement and would be contract bound to maintain a nice yard.
If so he had to have signed it or bought in a area with those zoning rules.
As Marcie pointed out:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
I watched the video and saw the lawn across the street. It was dead and brown. That is NOT inviting! I will never go back to Orlando, Disney World can kiss mine!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 1,136 Times in 789 Posts

Wait til inflation hits real bad, people will have illegal front yard gardens in Orlando. They wont pay for a $100 tomato. And their tomatos will taste better. Will people steal a tomato if they are $100 each? Will people kill to protect their $100 tomato so their family can eat?? Damn shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to sachson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,241 Times in 518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
And predicate his rights on the whims of the majority? Every time he wants his rights, he needs to get the approval of 51% of the population?

This is how we lose our rights, by constantly seeking validation from others. In so doing, we concede to them the power to rescind our rights on a whim.

No, what he really needs to do is shoot anyone who tries to mow down his garden. Like that woman in Tulsa, OK, should have done. A few of those incidents, and these control-freak pander-monkeys will stop infringing on peoples' rights.

As an aside, fescue will go down in history as the plant that killed America.
That is not the intended meaning of what I posted.

I was simply trying to state that it may be time for him to start a movement to change whatever statute or ordinance is in place and do it via lawful means. Apparantly it is the law of the land. The first move as a citizen is to try to peacefully change what one views as an unjust law. Most typically save the violence as a last resort.

Please don't misunderstand my stance. I think what the city is doing is wrong. If he shoots someone over it he will be arrested and executed. I understand and agree with you in principle but I feel you have mischaracterized my post. I hope this clears it up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Expatman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
Electric Bowhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
I would hate to live where you do if you have to get permits to dig a well or build something. And why would you have to pay a fee?
By fee I mean the costs of buying permits. To my way of thinking a fee(or tax) is all it is. I live in NC and have most of my life except for my years in service. It hasn't always been this way. When I was in high school the population of this state was about 5 million. That was twenty five years ago and today it is around 13 million. A lot of that has been folks moving here from up North because of the climate and for many years the economy. Before anybody gets defensive I don't blame anyone for moving anywhere to find a better life. However with the population explosion came a tremendous increase in both state and local regulations. So yea. Now in NC you are supposed to buy a permit to dig a well it is now state law. Cost varies by county here it is 500.00. You can bore an agricultural well without a permit, but if you are building or putting in a mobile home you get saddled with the fee. It is still a beautiful place to live, just much more expensive with a whole lot more red tape than it used to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mtnhooch For This Useful Post: