Survivalist Forum banner

Don't take any cr*p from non-preppers.

3K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Hick Industries 
#1 ·
Last night I had a conversation with an old friend.
When the conversation came to "what have you been up to lately", I summarized some of my recent prepping projects, to which he started ribbing me.
As he's an old high school buddy, and I give him crap too, so I just let it roll off my back at the moment.

Then, later, it started to **** me off :mad:

This is a guy who is in debt up to his eyeballs. I don't think he owns a screwdriver. If someone kicked in his front door, the best he could do is scratch the perp with a rusty nail.

Lesson learned.
No longer will I take crap from sheeple.

When it comes to non-preppers, it is we who should be taking the offensive.
Make them feel like idiots...
Because, after all, that's what they are. :thumb:

#2 ·
I suggest you let it go and take care of you and yours.

I don't talk about my preps. It's just nobody else's business. It's not something I "chat" about.

I don't have the patience or the energy to convince others into taking responsibility for themselves and I won't jeopardize my wife or myself. I'm getting old and my BS tolerance level has degraded to pretty much zero. ;)

#4 ·
Make them feel like idiots...
Because, after all, that's what they are. :thumb:
This will happen eventually, when the SHTF.

It is the natural law of consequences. Wasting energy by 'going on the offensive' is like screaming at the sun and demanding it to rise.

You will have the last laugh and that should be sweet enough justice. :thumb:

#7 ·
I don't take much crap , because I'm careful who I talk to and what I say .
Very few people know I am building a survival shelter , and my rule of only stocking what I will use any ways ( food ammo , first aid ) , and the fact that most of my interests are survival skills any how ( hunting , fishing , booby traps and weapons ) saves me alot of grief .
I do however get a lot of half jokes " I'm coming to youre house if the world ends " , from friends and family who can't be bothered to get there own supplies or make plans .
I have begun countering with " thats fine , but you better bring some food ".
I said it to my sister and her boy friend , and got a shocked look as it sank in .
They countered with another half joke abouth how they had a box of KD , I held my ground and told them that wouldnt last a day , then told them about my own limited food stores , the need for a varied diet to prevent feficencies etc .
They played it off like it was a joke , but I could tell it sank in with my sister .
I think a lot of people feel emberassed to admit real concern , even though most people do agree with us .
Its unfortunate , I actually have discussions with my sisters and one of the front desk agents at work .
I have told both my sisters that I have a rifle earmarked for each of them based on their proficency , and I talk to my co worker about bugout bags and MREs , but no ones really serious enough to devote time or funds to prepping .
Its a shame , I think if it happens we will lose a lot of people who could otherwise survive , but due to self improvised social constraints many people are to emberassed to atually prepare for the worst .
One good thing about people that mouth us off is it identifys people who will be a problem under stress .
I had one kid tell me that when it all goes down he was going to use my tactical shotgun . Her was half joking and meant it as a compliment , but I decide right there that he wouldn't get within a hundred yards of me if it all crashes down .

#11 ·
Let's play pretend

Your a low level super secret agent sent to a foreign country to read books watch the news and gather common gossip.

Now imagine that you being a properly trained field agent and you have procured ,food , water and various other things stashed away for civil unrest or any other natural disaster.

One day as you host a friend of your girlfriends they notice your BOB.
What do you say?

Yes I'm super prepared for anything that might happen. And explain in great detail.
Or
That? Its my hiking pack.... yeah... hiking

Better to be safe and anonymous without extended liabilities than to have ten to twenty people who will rely on you for everything should the worst happen.

Live like this is a secret... Because it is.

Secret agent super dragon! (insert dramatic music)

Your on a mission , don't fail becuased you volunteered information.

#17 ·
That can come back and get you. If you **** the dude off he might attack you or find out where you live if he/she doesn't already. Then Break in and rob you while you're at work or at the store. Just let it go and stay away from them from now on. It's not that hard to cut ties with people. just tell 'em to bugger off.

#18 ·
Dude.

Read what you just wrote, then read your signature.

This kind of thing is the whole reason I started this thread.

You don't have to take crap.
You don't have to hide either.
I'm not about to tell MS13 where I keep my guns.
But I'll be damned if I have to hide my lifestyle from someone who can't turn a screwdriver let alone shoot a rifle.
And I will no longer take crap from them either.

A lot of what is called OPSEC on these boards is really fear masquerading as OPSEC.

It's time we grew a set and pushed back.

#20 ·
it has came up at work and come to find out there are other preppers. my girlfriend smiles and roll with it. i never called myself a prepper till the show but i always kept many can goods and mre's.. the show and this board have me doing a bit more. i've always watched servival shows where they go out with close to nothing and i build off that.

#21 ·
+1 on the OPSEC. Best to keep information minimal, if out there at all. Because I care about those around me, I try to offer tips here and there and point them to resources. Otherwise mum's the word, as I don't want anyone banging on my door.

Little jibes back don't hurt either, and it kinda puts *them* on the spot. For example, a co-worker showing off his new rims..."Those could buy a decent weapon, some ammo for it, and a membership at the local gun club. Which would you have wished for as the zombie is munching on your brain?"

#22 ·
I only have a handful of real friends in life.
I told my real friends about my economic concerns in early 2008.
I bought them each a copy of the "Emergency preparedness hand book".
I urge them all to buy food storage and even more guns and ammo.
I gave them each a map to my ranch in the ozarks and I urged them to join me there if a worst case event happens.
I hope they will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.