Survivalist Forum banner

preppers and survivalists will die? what?

6K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Renegade Ziggy 
#1 ·
hey I found this video on youtube I do agree with some of what she says there is also a conflicting part to this...it's more of a what can you put up with when it happens sorta talk here check it out for yourself

#2 ·
That's patriot nurse.

She knows what she is talking about.

Basically. Not everyone can prep for everything. In a shtf situation peppers are going to realize quickly that they focused too much in one area and not enough in what ever situation is happening now.

There's also the rampant mentality that a lot of 'preppers' have that they are going to grab a backpack and run off in the woods to survive for the rest of their lives.

These are the people who will be found dead a couple weeks out, less than a mile from where they started, cause they were stupid.

#4 ·
Skill,General knowledge

No you can't prep for every situation. However a broad general knowledge of how things work and basic life saving skills can minimize suffering. No you can't prep for a direct hit on a nuke war head,but you can know how to build a temporary shelter out of what ever is around. If you know the edible plants around you and basic water purification techniques that don't require bought filter/chemical treatments then you increase your odds.

#3 · (Edited)
People in general will have this issue, not just preppers.

I see so many of these "let me tell you why you are going to die" videos, I've begun to worry about the posters. What will they do when TSHTF and they can't access the interweb to get their daily narcissistic fix.

Of course people will make poor choices or be hit with unforeseen disasters. There isn't anyone out there who is prepared for everything. You just got to do your best, make the best choices for you and leave the rest alone. Enjoy the time while you have it.

#29 ·
This. The most skilled and trained preppers may be the first to go, nothing is guarenteed, especially life.

I made it to 1:40 before I turned it off.
The head shaking bossy thing kept me from sitting out for the whole spiel I've heard before. I just got off work so I hit my quota.

Y'know what'll get you killed? Telling God and everyone how prepped you are on youtube. BTW, the logo is hilarious.
That's why I cant stand these so called youtube experts.

#5 ·
Most of the survival “experts” on YouTube are not very prepared themselves (there are exceptions). Many of them have chosen a “retreat” that is more suited for living there in normal times, NOT when the SHTF. If you live on a paved road, you’re not far enough out in the country to survive much of a societal breakdown. I’ve also noticed many of them live alone. There is no way they could keep watch 24/7/365 and do all the things needed to survive. Even three people living on a retreat will have a very hard time maintaining any kind of security while working on other things. We all have to sleep. They are more into making money off survivalists than actually surviving themselves. This means they do not really believe what they teach and espouse. A lot of them also depend on government checks of some type, not on producing their own food or income they earn in the free market. They would actually be the first to go hungry if there was a governmental collapse of services, especially when those checks and free healthcare they’re getting now stop coming.

There should be YouTube videos warning that YouTube survival “experts” will be the first to die.

#8 ·
It's like saying "Non-smokers will get Cancer and Die!" which sounds shocking, but if you think about it you know of course the statement is true. Sensationalistic headline :)

That said I find Patriot Nurse mostly gives good advise, so I've watched many of her videos.

All people can do is to minimize their risk of dying from whatever, but there are no guarantees. We all will eventually die.

#9 ·
counterpoints

Points 1: While you shouldn't surround yourself by strictly skills people have isn't it best to find someone with skills and also shares your morals.

Point 2: It's common sense to glean the true story from multiple news sources which some if not most preppers know.

Point 3: Lack of flexibility?????? Isn't the point of having backup pland to backups to diversify your option thus increase your flexibility. Also kinda common sense any plan can go to the sideways and you have to adapt on the fly.

#11 ·
Ever see Stank Mouth Charlie's "Why Most Doomsday Preppers Will Die?" Aside from my belief that most actually "Doomsday Preppers" WILL die, he goes to talk about preppers in general, and how his posse could take them out. In this article, there are links to his videos and a big rebuttal.

Pretty funny stuff.
http://asurvivalplan.com/2013/08/16/a-reply-to-a-youtube-series-of-vids/

#13 ·
The critique that compared the traveling gang to the WW2 German march on Moscow is very well put. Basically, the Russian locals had heard that the army was coming their way and so of course they left, taking their food and goods with them. What they could not take with them was destroyed so that the Germans did not get it.

So the peasants left the Germans nothing useful, and the Russian army chewed up the German supply lines. Germans who left camp to scavenge supplies were often picked off. The Germans were defeated by the weather and starvation more than by the Russians, and the Russians planned it that way!

A survivalist gang could be handled by the locals this way also, as large groups of people need a lot of food. If a gang of 100 stops, they die, and tack strips on the roads and trees that have been cut down could slow them down.

#12 ·
The assumptions the Stank Mouth Charlie has about him and his posse reminds me of a story I heard about a Marine Gunny Sargent in Nam. I will paraphrase the story to shorten in up.
One day a gunny brought his men back in from a series of ambush patrols,he filed his reports and went to get some chow and sleep. Just as he was laying down the company clerk ran in told him the Captain wanted him.He ran back up to the C.P.,when he got there the Captain told him the new Major has some questions about his reports.so he went in to see the Major. The Major said in your report I see that you set up an ambush at the river crossing,you position your men in such away, you kill 17 V,C,with out a single loss of you men, Gunny: Yes sir, Major: I see in your second report that you set an ambush up at the bridge,you position your men in such away that you kill19 V.C. without a single loss,Gunny Yes sir I did. Major: I see on your last ambush it was at a cross road,you position your men and killed 13 V.C. this time without a single loss to your men. Gunny: Yes sir I did, Major: do you think your tactics were fair, Gunny: Major with all due respect if you find yourself in a fair fire fight your tactics going in were F--k-d up. There are too many preppers that have seen to much action in Kuwait,Iraq,Afghanistan, not to mention the gang infested inner cities of America. Stank mouth assumes that the rule books will be followed and some preppers will try to be law abiding. But he fails to understand that some of us believe the only fair fire fight is the one you win.-

#14 ·
What I see from many videos talking about this and that scenario is that most theoretical setups lack completeness. That is, they leave out particulars that the average man should expect. Stanky's errors were in his assumptions, which left him boxed into a set of ideas that are only a small part of the realities.

Preppers are the Indians. "Cept in this case, the Indians are much more powerful.

#15 ·
I am NOT more powerful, and no individual or tiny group is.

The thing is, he talks a great deal about leadership but he does not seem to realize that other people have leadership abilities also. At any rate he sounds like he may be a serious threat. Though I cannot decide if he is real or if he is a Mall Ninja.

There comes a time when a group is needed, and if this Dude moves down the road a group would be needed to deal with them.

#18 ·
The loner survivalists will die and become gun donors. The idea of a "group', even a well trained and armed group, set apart (or against) society is ludicrous. We are all in this together.

Our home medical kit is based off her two part videos. Very good source of reliable info.

#19 ·
If you think the average city or town neighbor won’t kill you EARLY on in a SHTF, you have a rude surprise coming! Only those who have a retreat so far out in the country no one has enough gas to get there will make it. The general rule is to be at least more than a tank full of gas from the nearest community.

Those who already live so far from town they have to plan their food supplies in a way that allows them to go months without going into town will have experience in not being able to jump in the car and go get a gallon of milk any time they want. A great example of this are those who live in the wilderness of Alaska. Many of them go into town only once or twice a year. They already know what it’s like not to have resupplies within a few minutes’ drive.

She will be one of the very first to die.

#20 ·
To some degree I get what she's saying. People who planned for economic collapse won't do so well if they get nuked, and vice-versa. You'll have people who sink their funds into gold and silver in readiness for economic collapse and either starve or get robbed. You'll have people who blew everything on guns and ammo and get killed by someone who wants their ammo, or trying to raid the food supplies of others.

You'll have people dying from disease, contaminated food/water, or from a hostile environment. Later on after shtf/teotwawki, well-supplied, well-stocked preppers will die by their own hands, simply because they lack the mental strength to carry on. And then, you'll have people who stocked up on supplies instead of skills, whose lifespans are measured by how much food they stocked up before the balloon went up.

#21 ·
Many will die, even the best prepared, due to the event itself, bad luck, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, etc. That’s the S part of SHTF. As for her three pieces of wisdom, I’d say that is good advice in just about any situation. Take work for example. Ever get shafted by “friends” you trusted? Ever take an info source as gospel only for it to chop you off at the knees? A lack of flexibility is a perennial source of failure and disappointment. I’m like the doe in the field, always looking around while the others eat. I believe 90% of what I see and 10% of what I hear.

#22 ·
The one thing she has stated in the past I totally agree with is some preppers have a fantasy about how they’ll perform major surgery on their family members. The chances of surviving even a minor GSW without modern medical care are slim. Even minor cuts can kill you when there are no hospitals, no doctors, and no drugs available. Best to avoid gunfights by avoiding people outside your family/group. Gas will run out fast and what little there is left will go bad not long after. Starving people cannot walk far. If you live far enough into the boonies, they’ll never get to your retreat.

But you cannot expect 100% survivability after the SHTF when we don’t have that now under normal conditions. Of course people will die; people die every day. Why shouldn’t people be dying when the SHTF?

She will be one of the first. She’ll probably be on a plane flying to another one of her money making speeches when a nuke goes off and she’ll find herself 1,000 miles from whatever preps she has accumulated over the years, IF ANY.

#23 ·
Prepping is NEVER a guarantee. Prepping is about taking out insurance against possible negative events.

#26 ·
I believe that the Golden Horde concept, as it pertains to remote relocation and raiding is flawed is some ways. It seems the assumption is that it will do just fine. Unless it is made up of nothing but trained and dangerous, they will deplete their resources, will power and numbers. The psychological drain they will experience as they lose members (maybe one here, three there, when the "opposition" gets in a few lucky hits en route) will change their outlook and morale.

The countryside will do well against city gangs, because gangbangers break when they are getting killed. Once words gets through the countryside that an armed envoy of ill will is in the area, they will become the snipe in a snipe hunt. From behind trees, old tractors, hills and their own asses. It will come from any available hide and direction.

Where the horde will be most successful is near home, where their numbers, will power and self confidence have yet to be assaulted. This is why bugging the hell out early is so important. Hook up with your pals in the countryside - those you've built relationships with - and bring gifts. :D:

But the good nurse makes good points with her discussion of preparations that miss the target. Preppers need to multitask their thinking, money, training and supplies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.