Survivalist Forum banner

Can liberals be survivalists / preppers?

• Yes

Votes: 428 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 319 41.1%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 29 3.7%

Can liberals be survivalists / preppers?

89K views 534 replies 212 participants last post by  Watchingtheweasels 
#1 ·
I’ve seen a rather high number of posts about that liberals basically can’t be survivalists and some posts that they aren’t welcome. I think it would be interesting to see a poll about what people in general think about this subject. So do you think that liberals can be survivalists?

#441 ·
Sure they can survive. Until they try and spew their liberal BS to normal folk who will eradicate them..and quickly. Laws force us how to act but they cannot change our minds. When Laws are non existent....well ....Liberals can survive but only as long as they stay hidden, very deeply hidden, like on the bottom of the ocean with whale poop. jus sayin'

#450 ·
"Liberal" and "conservative" are not political parties either, but they are mindsets. Even the definition of the two terms will be different according to who you ask. Some will claim a conservative is religious, but I think the term means someone who wants to go back to a constitutionally limited federal government, which would require ending about 80% of federal spending.

About half of the U.S. population today would never have been born if not for leech programs and Mafia unions, because their families would have died out many generations back from starvation. I don't call that surviving, just leeching.

#451 ·
Chuy, I'm way left of the common social liberal government of my country. And not ashamed of it either. That means your Democrats are way way right of me and I wish not to be confused with them.

Thank you.

Unfortunately for you, you cannot exclude certain groups from being survivalists. We are whether you like it or not. It's not a club needing a membership.

#453 ·
When did I claim that leftists were excluded from being survivalists?

I said liberals will be faced with a stark decision to make. I also said both liberals and conservatives can be unprepared but it's like comparing dogs and rattlesnakes. Most dogs are loyal and accepting of social order, rattlesnakes....well, they're just rattlesnakes they have no social or moral compass other than the latest societal fad and it's just a matter of time before they bite.

Are you aware that Sweden is the rape capital of the world thanks to leftist immigration policies? That "leftist" thing ain't working out so well for the women of your country.

#470 ·
There are more ways of thinking than 2.5. I mean conservative is thought of as one way and liberal as one way, and libertarian as something that doesn't even live up to a true ideology (because it doesn't fit the binary). It's like asking if you wear blue or black pants because those are the only existing colors.

I bet there are plenty of people who really don't belong either in the conservative or the liberal camp but they are too scared to think about it.

#471 ·
When the real SHTF occurs will it truly matter? We see (only) two ideologies.
One is the death of personal freedom and liberty. The other is the celebration of the individual .
Babbling about republicrats is a moot point.
Things at present are now beyond this.

#473 ·
A being, appearing to be human, but has a demeanor contrary to human design , i am not obligated to support the propagation of non human.
A creature that preys on humans is a perverted predator ,relative to humans.
Predation exist in all life forms, but one that exists preying on it's own species is cannibalistic , a danger to all humanity.
Those willing to moral decay, are chosen to be as animals, with out morals, with out self discipline, un-trust-worthy , abusive, politically motivated, manipulative, deviant.
Those men that founded this country, despised the corruption of their day, looking to do better ,not worse, than the magistrates of their day.
So if this country is going to get better, it's not going to get better by sustaining the malignant cancer the is killing it presently.
People can stay, but the perverted character , got to go.

#474 ·
A being, appearing to be human, but has a demeanor contrary to human design , i am not obligated to support the propagation of non human.
A creature that preys on humans is a perverted predator ,relative to humans.
Predation exist in all life forms, but one that exists on it's own species is cannibalistic , a danger to all humanity.
Those willing to moral decay, are chosen to be as animals, with out morals, with out self discipline, un-trust-worthy , abusive, politically motivated, manipulative, deviant.
Those men that founded this country, despised the corruption of their day, looking to do better ,not worse, than the magistrates of their day.
So if this country is going to get better, it's not going to get better by sustaining the malignant cancer the is killing it presently.
People can stay, but the perverted character , got to go.
Give that man a ceeeegar! Nicely stated, sir! :thumb:

#477 ·
I don't see prepping as a matter of politics. Mindset yes, politics no.

As a percentage, I suspect that conservatives are more likely to either prep or have extra resources. But it is not as big as one might imagine.

This subject is real easy to troll or otherwise incite.

If anyone wants to troll, perhaps they need to worry about how they are going to fare when SHTF.

#484 ·
No of course not. They can try... But their too ****ing stupid to have any chance at survival once the checks stop. Of course there are exceptions to this, but those people are Conservatives inside trying to escape. :D:

#485 ·
Anyone can be a prepper whether they're liberal, conservative or apolitical.

I think that the movement draws primarily from the right, as people on that side of the spectrum tend to feel more marginalized from the current political apparatus and also have a heightened sense of the vulnerability of our economic institutions and critical infrastructure in comparison with those progressives who trust in the goals and resiliency of the current political landscape.

There are certainly some left leaning preppers, including many who tend towards traditional farming and homesteading for environmental reasons or disdain for corporations like Monsanto. Some of them are fairly advanced in their lifestyle as well.

The preference of many is that the liberals won't prep, since they implicitly see any large scale economic or other crisis as a reset that might bring more conservative values to the forefront after things settle down. The heightened level of conservative vs liberal preparedness and the especial vulnerability of predominantly liberal, urban regions of North America reinforce that attitude. Aside from a few likeminded people who were fated to live in such areas, why would conservatives want them to weather or come out ahead in the aftermath of any significant crisis?

#491 ·
Currently 290 people say no. It is proof that many conservatives know little about liberals.
I know too much about liberals. I know that most are self-serving parasites. Anything they "endorse" they do so for "image" or to make themselves feel good.

They want to take away firearms so that consciously or subconsciously they can say to themselves, "Arent I a good person for wanting to protect the children". Or they want others to say it about them.

Tax the "rich". Even though what they consider rich isn't actually rich. And there is even a move to tax "wealth". Not what you make each year, but your "wealth". If you are a worker who has a pension worth $300,000, that would be added to your income EACH YEAR. But it makes liberals feel good about themselves. "Arent I a sweetheart for trying to help the poorest Americans". A farmer who makes $50,000 profit, after paying for equipment repairs, salaries, taxes, etc may have land worth more than $1,000,000. That would be taxed as wealth. But if it makes liberals feel good about themselves...

Liberals, for the most part, are shallow, vain little people who want to delude themselves and others into thinking they are "wonderful". Its all about image. Locally, I hear liberals talk about awards they have received for "volunteering" or being a "humanitarian". They rarely talk about the poor when they let their guard down. Pathetic!

#490 ·
All Progressives and Liberals are okay with prepping for themselves (at least, they aren't opposed to it), but too many aren't okay with us regular people having the means to fully fend for ourselves. They wish for us to be fully dependent upon the government, as social justice dictates that we all be equal.

Remember the guy in New Orleans with his preps, that included a generator and shotgun, post Hurricane Katrina? He fended off roving marauders that wanted his generator, only to have his firearm confiscated by the police at the behest of liberal Mayor (now prisoner) Ray Nagin.

24 hours later, that guy didn't have his generator anymore. The police were nowhere to be found when the criminals turned the prepper into just another victim.

Given these thoughts, are such truly preppers? I would argue that such individuals aren't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.