***Ladies Section*** Obsessed with knitting - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obsessed with diversity TriggerHappy General Discussion 42 06-03-2017 08:01 PM

Old 06-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,028 Posts
Default ***Ladies Section*** Obsessed with knitting

Advertise Here

This year I decided to make a list of things I wanted to do, but haven't gotten around to doing. Learning to knit was on the list. I have always done some sort of craft work, with sewing and quilting being my favorites, but knitting has evaded me.

Skip forward a few months.....I am obsessed with knitting! I want to knit all the time. Every time I sit down I itch to pick up knitting needles. I don't know if it's the fact I can be productive in small spaces of time (I do love to be productive) or if this is an obsessive compulsive behavior.

Is there a cure for this? Am I doomed to be buried with knitting needles in hand?

Any other knitters out there?

Last edited by kokosmom2; 06-07-2017 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: title change
Old 06-07-2017, 01:01 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 5,199 Times in 1,568 Posts

LOL My grandmother was like that with crochet. Most of her long life was spent with hook and thread in her hands. She did some very fantastic stuff that belongs to me now. I'm glad to have it, but I think it was a kind of OCD for her.

I am such a non-craft person!!! I got taught to do all that stuff; knitting, crocheting, tatting, embroidery, etc. And I hated every one of them. I can sit still to read a book, and will run through the average novel in one or two days, but I can't sit still and knock out a sweater, or even just a muffler.
The Following User Says Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
LOL My grandmother was like that with crochet. Most of her long life was spent with hook and thread in her hands. She did some very fantastic stuff that belongs to me now. I'm glad to have it, but I think it was a kind of OCD for her.

I am such a non-craft person!!! I got taught to do all that stuff; knitting, crocheting, tatting, embroidery, etc. And I hated every one of them. I can sit still to read a book, and will run through the average novel in one or two days, but I can't sit still and knock out a sweater, or even just a muffler.
I love a good book and have been known to spend an entire day reading until it's finished. Lately I would rather knit than read. Maybe in a few more months I would rather read...

Well I guess it is an OCD component to my knitting. Guess what everyone is s getting for Christmas?
The Following User Says Thank You to bestfriendroo For This Useful Post:

Old 06-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
I can sit still to read a book, and will run through the average novel in one or two days, but I can't sit still and knock out a sweater, or even just a muffler.
So you plug in the earbuds and listen to a recorded book while you knit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NY Min For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2017, 08:43 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Min View Post
So you plug in the earbuds and listen to a recorded book while you knit.
I love it! A solution for everything.

Odd as it is I enjoy knitting to tube videos. Weird
Old 06-13-2017, 05:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,156 Times in 2,963 Posts

You might want to check out the knitty board. They are also obsessed with knitting.

My cats are way too interested in moving yarn for me to do anything at home, but I spend a lot of time on public transit so I got a lot accomplished there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 10:56 PM

Yes I admit I knit...a lot...check out Ravelry.
Don't be embarrassed, knitting is as useful as reloading, and a lot less messy.
I have so many people to knit for, wanting wool boot socks, wool sweaters, wool blankets, sigh, I don't have enough time to do it all. And nobody could pay me enough, a sweater is about 80 hours, who would pay me even minimum wage (plus cost of wool, decent stuff is 100 to 150 bucks for a man's size).
Then there are the gift possibilities, and wondering whether the recipient will appreciate it, lol, or even know how to properly wash or store it. There's always acrylic for those questionable folks.
The Following User Says Thank You to vivisky For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2017, 11:07 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
You might want to check out the knitty board. They are also obsessed with knitting.

My cats are way too interested in moving yarn for me to do anything at home, but I spend a lot of time on public transit so I got a lot accomplished there.
I just checked this out. Thank you for letting me know, now I have another web site to haunt
Old 06-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivisky View Post
I have so many people to knit for, wanting wool boot socks, wool sweaters, wool blankets, sigh, I don't have enough time to do it all. And nobody could pay me enough, a sweater is about 80 hours, who would pay me even minimum wage (plus cost of wool, decent stuff is 100 to 150 bucks for a man's size).
Then there are the gift possibilities, and wondering whether the recipient will appreciate it, lol, or even know how to properly wash or store it. There's always acrylic for those questionable folks.
Revelry! I found that last week and was very impressed.

I will probably only make scarves for people, not anything invoked or expensive. I kind of learned my lesson there with garments and quilts.
May I use your quote sometime? " knitting is Ad useful as reloading, and a lot less messy". I love it.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriendroo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivisky View Post
Revelry! I found that last week and was very impressed.

I will probably only make scarves for people, not anything invoked or expensive. I kind of learned my lesson there with garments and quilts.
May I use your quote sometime? " knitting is Ad useful as reloading, and a lot less messy". I love it.
Scarves are useful items...and actually if you can knit a long rectangle, you can make a jacket with that--just think how weavers use every bit of their handwoven creations, or how kimono use all rectangles. Knitting is flexible enough to not need a lot of "shaping". Hope you will reconsider!

Sure go ahead use the quote and credit some crazy lady on Ravelry who aims to knit and shoot the same way, in time and on target.
The Following User Says Thank You to vivisky For This Useful Post: