Survivalist Forum banner

Survival Acronyms

Tags
acronyms
353K views 1K replies 912 participants last post by  GSPHerder 
#1 · (Edited)
New to the survival scene? This list has been put together to help you out.

AR-15 - Is the civilian version of the military M-16 and M-4 rifle.

BOB - Bug Out Bag. This is some kind of duffle or back pack equipped with emergency supplies.

BOL - Bug Out Location.

BOV - Bug Out Vehicle (Get you to your BOL)

Bug Out - another word for Evacuate.

EDC - Everyday carry, what a person caries on their person on a daily basis.

EOTWAWKI - End Of The World As We Know It. This means that the world as you know it has come to an end - some kind of world wide event has happened, kiss your old life good-bye.

FAK - First Aid Kit

GHB - Get Home Bag. Pack kept in at work, school or in a vehicle. Usually contains items needed if the person has to walk home.

HDR - Humanitarian Daily Ration. This is a cheaper version of the MRE. The contents of a HDR contains no animal by products. This is so the HDR can be dropped into areas where the local populations have certain religious beliefs about eating animal meat or animal products.

INCH - I am never coming home. Term is usually used to describe a type of Bug Out Bag.

MBR - Main Battle Rifle

Multi-tool - This is a combination survival knife, pliers and will usually have a wide assortment of tools built in. One example is the Gerber Multi-tool.

MRE
- Meal Ready To Eat. This is a military ration. Its normal shelf life is several years. The contents are sealed in a tough plastic coating.

PSK - Personal Survival Kit

SHTF - SH*T Hit The Fan. This means that some kind of event has happened. This is a term used in relation to your location. A SHTF situation is not normally world wide.

SKS
- a rifle developed by Russia during World War II. The full name for the SKS is the, Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova. Most SKS rifles are chambered in the 7.62X39.

Survival knife - A multi purpose knife used for survival in the wilderness.

WWL - World Without Law, a total breakdown of society, where the laws as we know it today do not apply.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#12 · (Edited)
I Don't Know my Best Friend Firever Jill....?!!?!? HAhahahahaha! :D

WTF - What The F**k (necessary for survival situations...ex: you ACTUALLY see zombies)

OMG! - Oh My God! (also necessary for survival situations...ex: you ACTUALLY see a mushroom cloud)

MBR - Main Battle Rifle

LOL - Laugh Out Loud - For when you realize they weren't zombies you saw, but merely sheeple roaming in your front yard...

#7 ·
My personal favorites....

IMAO - In My Arrogant Opinion
TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary

#20 ·
Actually, it is more along the lines of how many times are you going to want to type "bug out bag" "bug out location" "first aid kit" etc. when BOB, BOL and FAK will do the job just fine.

For the most part, i can't stand text speak as much as the next guy- possibly more, but these seem to work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.