Survivalist Forum banner

Are Food Companies Making Us Diabetic?

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Kansas Terri 
#1 ·
Okay, so I was thinking and we know what that does...lol...anyway, I was looking at a soda can 12oz. a Dr. Pepper to be exact. I just bought at work from the machine. I looked on the back and it says under the nutritional facts 150 Calories per can and 40g of sugar! I found an old can(before they put exp. dates on the cans) of Dr. Pepper and it said 36g of sugar and 200 calories, but everything else was the same. I'd assume the old can is probably about 5 years old. I do remember seeing a Dr. Pepper from about 10-15 years ago and it said 35g of sugar. Your thoughts?

#4 ·
I'm a type 2 diabetic, controlled by diet, exercise and very low dose of med. Pill in the morning. I don't think it's so much the food company as it is "We The People" Things have gotten so convenient and processed per our demand for "get it now". We could make ou food from fresh ingredients but choose not to. So I blame myself.

#6 ·
Type I diabetes is caused by a virus that attacks the pancreas affectively rendering it useless at producing insulin.

Type II diabetes is most likely caused by being over weight and a generally poor diet.

The intake of moderate amounts of sugar doesn’t cause either.

All things in moderation. get plenty of exersise and you should be fine.

#7 ·
I concur with The Saint, however just the things I read on the labels especially the ingredients with things in it I can't spell...and sugar content going up(I guess that's because they can't put real coke in coke anymore to get people addicted), Things I hear about Monsato. Girls and Boys starting puberty at 7 and 8 years old because of hormoned up milk and meat, why men are more affemanite(sp?), and women more masculin. Hearing terms like "soft kill". I just can't buy into all the conspiracy stuff...Can I?

#9 ·
Okay so lets say I don't have enough money to shop at Wild Oats, or vegan/veggie stores that charge up the arse for good fresh food, and I have to shop at the local big chain I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE! That's my point. Even the fruits and veggies are full of crap that's harmful, even my apples have corn starch, and pesticides and who knows what else that the long term effects no one knows.

I'm getting into self sufficiancy with my own indoor garden but I can't sustain off of it, it's too small. I'm just saying about the original post, it seems if you look closely there is a definate push to make people sick and diabetic and dependant on life saving drugs.

#11 ·
I subscribe to the idea that overly processed foods, including HFCS, play a huge role in obesity and diabetes. Just recently there was an article about a fitness coach who is intentionally gaining weight by eating the standard processed stuff and drinking soda while avoiding exercise, then he intends to get back into shape over six months. I can't find the link to the site, but he's not the first to do this so information can be found.

So far he's described the processed foods as have becoming addicting and that he's hungry again after only a couple of hours. His experience with soda is that he didn't even like it at first, but now he gets headaches and withdrawal symptoms when he goes without it.

Just further proof that it's the food that's the problem, not necessarily the person.

#13 ·
I am a type 2 diatetic: a slender one.

The fact is, if it was not cooked in a kitchen it likely has all sorts of sugar and salt in it! Read the labels!

And, it is an old wives tale that people eat themselves into type 2 diabetes. Rather, type 2 diabetes sets you up for being fat. When the amount of insulin and blood sugar is yo-yoing in your body then you will be ravenous.

BTDT.

If your blood sugar gets too high then the cells of your body cannot absorb it from your blood, and they send out starvation messages to your brain. This is because with high blood sugar the molecules of sugar are too large for your cells to absrb properly. You feel weak and famished. You eat, and start gaining weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.