Survivalist Forum banner

Storing food since 1987 - Food Storage Results

8K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  IamZeke 
#1 ·
If someone has already posted please feel free to remove. I've had limited access for the last month after laptop got a virus so I may have missed these on here.

I've only been storing stuff since late 2001 so I don't have any longterm results, but this guy does - read the comments on Youtube on 2nd video as they ate all the stuff with no problems. Pretty cool to know our efforts to put food away are not in vain & if done properly should last decades.

Nothing like real life results - only thing missing is I would love to know some nutrient results from a professional lab that could let one know how many calories, minerals & vitamins were still present.

#5 ·
Seems like I've seen that before :D:

None of that food went to waste. A lot of folks didn't "get" that early on. I guess a lot of folks think that you store food and then toss it later if you don't eat it :rolleyes: The difference between the oxidized rice and the fresh rice just has to be seen to be understood. Thank God for oxygen absorbers and mylar liners! Unfortunately they weren't commonly available till the latter part of the 90's- way after most of that food had been packed.

If your grains are going to last almost 20 years WITHOUT proper packaging, think how long they will last WITH proper packaging! :thumb:

Lowdown3

#10 ·
just fine from what I've read. keep the cans dry, don't let em rust.
an ambient temperature would be good. if a can looks to be bulging, TOSS IT.
I have canned Tuna left from Y2k. I'm not throwing it out.

#13 ·
Well done video! This should give some confidence to folks here that storing food long term is not magical-anyone can do it.

I know I feel better about my mylar/oxygen absorber preps now, that if needed in 10-15 years they will still be in good condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.